Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    I respect Taylor for her commitment to continuously releasing music for her fans (has anyone ever released five #1 studio albums across a 27 month period before?) but I still don’t understand where her industry power comes from.

    I don’t deny her success, her achievements or her influence, I just don’t know where it comes from or how she got it. You look at artists like Madonna, Britney or Gaga and you can see very clearly what they did and the cultural impact of their contribution that got them their mega-stardom, but with Taylor I just don’t see it. Possibly that geological?

    I’ve dipped in and out of Red and I like what I’ve heard, which really surprises me as I don’t usually gel with her music. But the 10 minute version of All To Well might be the best thing she’s ever done.
    Kanye made that b*tch famous!

    Seriously now. I believe Taylor's power is a combiantion of consistency between releases (every 2 years or so), relatability of the songs, evolution as an artist (who would have thought in 2008 that a country singer would jump to pop and later on folk music?!) and a great promotional team.
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

    Comment


    • A big advantage of Swift is also her ability to attract new target audiences along with keeping her pre-existing fanbase as they mature with her. She gained many new fans with '1989' and then again with 'Folklore'. On top of that, many of the people who listened to 'Fearless' in their teenage days listen to her current stuff as they are planning a family.
      For most other artists after their commercial breakthrough, they steadily keep losing their fanbase album after album while struggling to appeal to potential new fans because the ones who didn't jump on the train with their breakthrough record won't do so with any of the latter albums either.
      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

      Comment


      • Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri November 26, 2021, 20:26.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

        Comment


        • It now has a Metacritic score of 92 based on 15 reviews. The highest rated album of her career and the second highest rated album of 2021 on Metacritic.
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
            It now has a Metacritic score of 92 based on 15 reviews. The highest rated album of her career and the second highest rated album of 2021 on Metacritic.
            Who's first though?
            And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

            Comment


            • ^ "Conflict Of Interest" by Ghetts with a score of 95 based on 7 reviews.
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                ^ "Conflict Of Interest" by Ghetts with a score of 95 based on 7 reviews.
                Thank you very much for the info!
                And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

                Comment


                • Gave it a spin on my way to Prague and ​​​​​​what an effing masterpiece.
                  THe new tracks are goooooood!
                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                  Comment




                  • Crying while working out >>>>>
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                      It now has a Metacritic score of 92 based on 15 reviews. The highest rated album of her career and the second highest rated album of 2021 on Metacritic.
                      The fact that she didn't even achieve that with a new album but with a re-release - WOW! I feel like the original version was already a fan favorite, and she took it to another level with the new version.
                      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                      Comment


                      • ATW 10 Minute Version is one of the best songs of all time. Change my mind.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                        Comment


                        • What are the WW sales of Red TV In pure ?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            ATW 10 Minute Version is one of the best songs of all time. Change my mind.
                            It's a very special song.
                            Too Much Music
                            Too Much Music @Facebook
                            Too Much Music @Twitter
                            Scotland Social League

                            Comment


                            • NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as


                              Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!
                              CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                              FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE


                              Comment




                              • Tracklist:

                                1. Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                                2. State Of Grace (Taylor's Version)
                                3. Treacherous (Taylor's Version)
                                4. Everything Has Changed (Taylor's Version)
                                5. Starlight (Taylor's Version)
                                6. Begin Again (Taylor's Version)

                                Here we go again.

                                But at least that means that we're close to the announcement of the next re-recording!
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                Comment



                                • Tracklist:

                                  1. I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                                  2. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Taylor's Version)
                                  3. I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor's Version)
                                  4. Red (Taylor's Version)
                                  5. The Lucky One (Taylor‘s Version)
                                  6. I Almost Do (Taylor's Version)
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                  Comment


                                  • New "Message In A Bottle" remix:

                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                    Comment


                                    • So I guess Message In A Bottle really is an actual single?

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                        So I guess Message In A Bottle really is an actual single?
                                        Yup, it's being played on the radio.

                                        Edit: so is the remix too:

                                        Last edited by Mugen; Fri January 21, 2022, 18:30.

                                        Comment


                                        • She's released a song from a 9-year-old album as single ? Has anyone ever done that before ? I already thought it was rather unusual when Britney Spears' team did that 'Glory' re-release years later with those new singles, but there haven't been any upcoming album releases in her case, unlike with Taylor Swift.
                                          Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                          Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                          Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            She's released a song from a 9-year-old album as single ? Has anyone ever done that before ? I already thought it was rather unusual when Britney Spears' team did that 'Glory' re-release years later with those new singles, but there haven't been any upcoming album releases in her case, unlike with Taylor Swift.
                                            What? She already released a single for Fearless (Taylor's Version) and I Bet You Think About Me was also promoted as a single for Red (TV) last year.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Tansike View Post

                                              What? She already released a single for Fearless (Taylor's Version) and I Bet You Think About Me was also promoted as a single for Red (TV) last year.
                                              I missed those cases, but thanks. I wonder why no artist before came up with that idea. While a re-recording of an already existing album is rather unusual, there have been plenty jubilee editions before. No artist ever thought about releasing any of the added songs as single though. They've just been fan gifts that got their one week in the top 10 and left the chart after like 4-6 weeks. Kind of revolutionary from Taylor actually!
                                              Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                              Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                              Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                                I missed those cases, but thanks. I wonder why no artist before came up with that idea. While a re-recording of an already existing album is rather unusual, there have been plenty jubilee editions before. No artist ever thought about releasing any of the added songs as single though. They've just been fan gifts that got their one week in the top 10 and left the chart after like 4-6 weeks. Kind of revolutionary from Taylor actually!
                                                ...and what's probably the most "fun" part about this, none of these singles from Taylor were successes (yet, maybe Message In A Bottle does something for her), yet All Too Well, a song that was already part of the original album, ended up being a #1 hit. Ok, we could argue that it was the new 10 minute version that became a hit, but it's still not completely new.

                                                Yes, Taylor keeps being revolutionary!

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Tansike View Post

                                                  ...and what's probably the most "fun" part about this, none of these singles from Taylor were successes (yet, maybe Message In A Bottle does something for her), yet All Too Well, a song that was already part of the original album, ended up being a #1 hit. Ok, we could argue that it was the new 10 minute version that became a hit, but it's still not completely new.

                                                  Yes, Taylor keeps being revolutionary!
                                                  Well not strictly true as streams for the 5 min version counted towards the chart points, as well as downloads from that version.
                                                  In fact it had five versions counting for its one week at number one.

                                                  Via Billboard -

                                                  “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)” was released on Red (Taylor’s Version) Nov. 12 on Republic Records, via two versions on the set: its 5-minute, 29-second and 10-minute, 13-second versions, both of which are combined into one listing on Billboard‘s charts. (The song’s original 5-minute, 29-second 2012 version is tracked separately.)

                                                  Streams, airplay & sales: “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)” begins with 54.4 million U.S. streams, 286,000 radio airplay audience impressions and 57,800 downloads sold in the Nov. 12-18 tracking week, according to MRC Data.

                                                  The song was on sale in its first frame via its 5-minute, 29-second and 10-minute, 13-second versions; clean and acoustic versions of the longer iteration; and its 9-minute, 58-second “Sad Girl Autumn Version – Recorded at Long Pond Studios” (all of which contribute to the title’s chart totals).
                                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                                  Comment



                                                  • Tracklist:

                                                    1. All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                                                    2. Holy Ground (Taylor's Version)
                                                    3. The Moment I Knew (Taylor's Version)
                                                    4. Sad Beautiful Tragic (Taylor's Version)
                                                    5. Come Back…Be Here (Taylor's Version)
                                                    6. The Last Time (Taylor's Version)

                                                    We're so close to the announcement of the next re-recording.
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X