No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 was extreme in that regard ^^ . You had Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and AC/DC achieving their best chart results in years in Europe. Not so much in the US though.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      2020 was extreme in that regard ^^ . You had Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and AC/DC achieving their best chart results in years in Europe. Not so much in the US though.
      Charts in Europe are much less competitve than in the US though, unless you're talking about the singles or Spotify charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leviathan View Post

Charts in Europe are much less competitve than in the US though, unless you're talking about the singles or Spotify charts.
        Without having followed the whole discussion, but I would think the European charts also rely more on actual physical sales unlike the US charts where everything is basically about streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Without having followed the whole discussion, but I would think the European charts also rely more on actual physical sales unlike the US charts where everything is basically about streaming.
          Yes exactly. That's why these old rock acts who sell a lot of physical albums chart better outside the US. It's not unheard of older acts to do well in the US; Barbra Striesand's 2014 album Partners did extremely well for its time, ranking within the top ten best selling albums of the year and spending several months in the top ten, but as soon as the chart began incorporating streaming in its methodology, the album tumbled out of the top twenty. Ever since then it has become harder and harder for older acts to do well in the US.

Comment

• Germany is a country where veteran acts, once established, can continue selling albums for decades. There's this veteran duo called 'Amigos' doing traditional folk music. They had their commercial breakthrough very late in their career, and these days, whenever they release an album, it's basically guaranteed to reach No. 1, have a solid chart run and end up reaching gold. I think this would be impossible in the US.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Phoebe Bridgers is on... This will break me

Comment

• Ronan (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  Better Man (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  Nothing New (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) [feat. feat Phoebe Bridgers]
                  Babe (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) [feat. Chris Stapleton]
                  Forever Winter (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  Run (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) [feat. Ed Sheeran]
                  The Very First Night (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  All Too Well (Ten Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
                  Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

• Not sure why Ronan is from the vault as she already released it. So excited for Babe and Better Man.

Comment

• I kinda hoped for Safe & Sound re-recording

Comment

• Yeah I thought there would be some soundtrack songs on it as Today Was A Fairytale was on Fearless TV. Fairytale was originally released on Big Machine Records though and The Hunger Games tracks were on another label. Maybe she’s just re-doing the Big Machine stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny_d View Post
                          Yeah I thought there would be some soundtrack songs on it as Today Was A Fairytale was on Fearless TV. Fairytale was originally released on Big Machine Records though and The Hunger Games tracks were on another label. Maybe she’s just re-doing the Big Machine stuff.
                          Safe & Sound is actually listed under Big Machine on streaming services, maybe it is because of the feature

Comment

• I can't wait! I loooooove Better Man so I can't wait to hear her version!
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• :,)
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

Safe & Sound is actually listed under Big Machine on streaming services, maybe it is because of the feature
                                Ah I didn’t know that. Perhaps Safe & Sound and Eyes Open will feature on the Speak Now re-release as the soundtrack was released in between both albums.

Comment

• I think the hunger games tracks will be on the re-recording of speak now. Still the re-recording I’m really looking forward to… Anyway those vault tracks sound nice!!! I love Chris, that one could be an amazing country track. Not too excited about Phoebe, but I like she adds features! Let’s hope miss Swift gives her more of a role in comparison to some other female duets lol (Maren, The Chichs and HAIM). Also love the song title forever winter. Hoping it is a cheesy teenage heartbreak song .
                                  Last edited by Michiel; Thu August 5, 2021, 20:43.
                                  Eudaimonia
                                  Last.fm
                                  Instagram

Comment

• Excited for the one with Chris Stapleton!

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Odd that she put the acoustic version of state of grace on the album but none of the other acoustic versions.
                                        "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• She's definitely not understating with those features .

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemo View Post
                                            Odd that she put the acoustic version of state of grace on the album but none of the other acoustic versions.
                                            State of Grace was the only acoustic version on Red. The bonus versions of Red and Treacherous were demos. I’m glad they’re not on Red TV, there’s not much point in trying to recreate demo versions IMO. Much happier to get all the new vault tracks instead!

Comment

• I'm just sayin it’s fall now aka "Red" season so right now would be the best time to release the first song from this.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• She moved up the release

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  She moved up the release

Guess who's releasing on Nov 19th...
                                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• She basically confirmed Adele album release date
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X