Maroon 5 - JORDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Only on the back of Memories, the actual album had an awful chart run.

Nothing wrong with a Gold album but this project was a big step down from their previous album chart/sales wise.
    Welcome to 2020. There are a million album that you can say "only on the back of whatever song"

I mean I could equally say that their last project only had its super impressive chart run cos of Girls like you. Before that it was ok but nowhere as big as that song elevated it after.
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Plus when Memories wasn't the lead single for the album as they were still recording it. Still they had a good run.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Welcome to 2020. There are a million album that you can say "only on the back of whatever song"

I mean I could equally say that their last project only had its super impressive chart run cos of Girls like you. Before that it was ok but nowhere as big as that song elevated it after.
        Yeah I get that but this album did have any kind of chart run cause the big song was released 1.5 years before the album came out, I'm strictly going off JORDI's run after it was released not the SPS units it accrued from previously released songs.

It opened with 37k. . .

Comment

The problem with especially the Billboard 200 methodology is that it doesn't differ between 'song is popular' and 'album is popular'. In some cases, both can happen, but there are also cases when only the song is popular (the album not so much) or the album is popular (the song not so much). In the worst case, neither really seems to be popular.
          In this particular case, the song did kind of well-ish, but the album not really, which explains the chart run Ewokguy15 is referring to. In the US, it charted for 20 weeks, while their previous albums charted for 158, 84, 124, 95, 123 and 110 weeks.
          Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
          Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
          Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

At least 50 weeks of Red pill blues can be attributed solely to Girls Like you keeping it afloat.
            All the albums that chart for massive amounts of weeks on the billboard chart are being kept there by their massive singles. Anyone can check the hits daily double postings to see just how little actual ALBUMS are selling these days. And that is the SAME in every major chart around the world. Future Nostalgia would have disappeared from the US charts a year ago if Levitating had not become the massive smash that it is.
            Last edited by InFamous; Mon January 17, 2022, 03:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Yeah I get that but this album did have any kind of chart run cause the big song was released 1.5 years before the album came out, I'm strictly going off JORDI's run after it was released not the SPS units it accrued from previously released songs.

It opened with 37k. . .
              Well you can do that if you want but Memories still counts for the album so it doesnt really matter.
              I guess they were banking on the song with Meghan to take off and while it did reasonably well it didnt smash in the way they needed it to to give the album really good legs. But 20 weeks on the chart is not a complete disaster either, not like they served two or four like some pop girls have done in recent years.

Comment

When it's said and done, Jordi will have decent streams and that's all that matters in 2022. Pure sales mean nothing if you aren't Adele or Taylor.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  When it's said and done, Jordi will have decent streams and that's all that matters in 2022. Pure sales mean nothing if you aren't Adele or Taylor.
                  No one's talking about pure sales. I'm a big fan of physical records and even I accept streams if that's what people like.
                  The question is, however: Is the album really enjoying decent popularity or really just one of its singles?
                  Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                  Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                  Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

No one's talking about pure sales. I'm a big fan of physical records and even I accept streams if that's what people like.
                    The question is, however: Is the album really enjoying decent popularity or really just one of its singles?
                    Memories was a huge hit and Beautiful Mistakes did fine. That's all. The album did okay considering they did nothing after dropping the album.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                    X