Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the album very much! I do see myself playing it for a long time

Comment

The album is currently standing at 89/100 on Metacritic. It may go lower as more reviews are considered, but his previous peak was 80/100 for 'After Hours'.
      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ljw200103 View Post
        I love Out of Time so much!
        I've had it on repeat for a good bit of today.
        Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [4 weeks]
        AlbumClash 2.0: [Kendrick Lamar vs. Florence + the Machine]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Another great album from Abel. I love the extended Take My Breath.

I also love Jim
          "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

This album spreads such beautiful nostalgia. Less Than Zero is probably my favorite right now.

I love the addition of Jim on it to. Phantom Regret is another highlight despite it being just an outro.
            It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

Does he have issues? His lyrics seemed to have darkened somewhat since the Starboy era. I noticed that both the lead singles of this and After Hours are quite misleading when compared with the rest of their albums in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                Does he have issues? His lyrics seemed to have darkened somewhat since the Starboy era. I noticed that both the lead singles of this and After Hours are quite misleading when compared with the rest of their albums in that sense.
                Apparently he was working on another album following After Hours that was even darker and he scrapped it.

This is very good on first listen.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Does he have issues? His lyrics seemed to have darkened somewhat since the Starboy era.
                  Actually his lyrics used to be pretty dark at the beginning of his career. If anything, they've become much lighter since.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Actually his lyrics used to be pretty dark at the beginning of his career. If anything, they've become much lighter since.
                    Well, that was before he had money! Since he became highly successful after signing the major label deal I've noticed the drugs(?) and breakups seem to be a major influence on his songwriting. Although this could all be a persona as his character of 'The Weeknd' and he may not be troubled by anything at all.

Comment

I guess it's got to do with his stage persona. His 'Trilogy' songs were all about drugs, party and women, while he as a private person pretty much gives me introvert yet nice guy vibes.

Comment

He definitely must. His lyrics make him sound chaotic and unstable!

The album is really growing on me!
                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Oh?
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

So 'Dawn' is part 2 of the trilogy, I guess.

Comment

MV for "Gasoline":

Comment

I adore this album. It reminds a lot of GTA VC's Wave 103 radio station. For me, as a whole, it's 10/10. Jim as a host is brilliant. On the one hand, his voice sounds so calming. But on the other hand, is quite scary.

Comment

So 'Dawn' is part 2 of the trilogy, I guess.
                                  Maybe he meant the music videos? The mv of "Sacrifice" starts exactly where "Take My Breath" ended.

EDIT: After watching the mv of "Gasoline", i think he's totally referring to these 3 music videos.
                                  Last edited by GreekGeek; Tue January 11, 2022, 20:19.
                                  And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

Oh, that makes sense of course ^^ .

Comment

Originally posted by arab View Post
                                      I adore this album. It reminds a lot of GTA VC's Wave 103 radio station. For me, as a whole, it's 10/10. Jim as a host is brilliant. On the one hand, his voice sounds so calming. But on the other hand, is quite scary.
                                      Yes very much GTA vibes!

Comment

I've been enjoying some of the songs outside of the album a lot more. I think listening to the album front to back was not the best showcase for the music but ill give it another try
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          Surprised Moth To A Flame is not part of this, it would've fit very well IMO.
                                          Abel must have read your post because he released an "Alternate World" version of the album today and "Moth To A Flame" is now on there(along with the Swedish House Mafia remix for "Sacrifice" and Agents of Time remix for "Take My Breath").

Comment

Pointless remixes that ruin flawless mood of the album

Comment

The Weeknd found out like 2 days after his album's release that a track is missing? What a mess! If the same happened with 'Britney Jean' back in the day, people would've shaded Spears like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

The Weeknd found out like 2 days after his album's release that a track is missing? What a mess! If the same happened with 'Britney Jean' back in the day, people would've shaded Spears like there's no tomorrow.
                                                No, I don't think that's what happened here. My guess is that this version was probably going to come out next week or the week after but since he's locked into a tight race for number 1 with the rapper Gunna, he decided to release it now.

Comment

He did same thing with After Hours - deluxe edition was released 3 days after album premiere...But there were 3 new songs. This time we have 2 remixes + 1 "old" track. Anyway, Moth should have been on the original version of the album. Hope it's on CD as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by arab View Post
                                                    He did same thing with After Hours - deluxe edition was released 3 days after album premiere...But there were 3 new songs. This time we have 2 remixes + 1 "old" track. Anyway, Moth should have been on the original version of the album. Hope it's on CD as well.
                                                    With After Hours, he originally had remixes on the deluxe version. But I guess after some complaints, he decided to separate out the remixes into their own EP and keep the 3 new songs on the deluxe version. It was kinda a mess, lol. Time will tell if he'll do the same thing here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X