JoJo - Trying Not To Think About It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoJo - Trying Not To Think About It

I'm pleased that we are getting 12 new (short?)tracks but not too sure about the EP's direction from her description. Let's see what Friday brings!

Comment

Whaaat so soon? Omg!

is it really just an EP?
      What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

I mean 12 tracks but the EP term is used very loosely these days (unless most of these are interludes).

I always got time for Joanna. Now to decide and risk my health to see her perform on this mini tour....

Comment

YAS JOJO! That cover slayed me. Very different for her , and I can totally relate to the dark vibes it is giving me. Can’t wait!

How do we know it is 12 tracks and what the direction will be? Probably missed something.
          Eudaimonia
          Last.fm
          Instagram

Comment

I don’t know what this is but I think the cover is cool. Is this an album ooor?

Edit: Oh it’s an EP I can’t read.
            Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue August 17, 2021, 07:41.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

I liked much of her last album so I will give this a listen.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                I don’t know what this is but I think the cover is cool. Is this an album ooor?

Edit: Oh it’s an EP I can’t read.
                Well, can someone explain to me what EP even means nowadays? How is a twelve track project not an album, but an EP? Like, what is the actual difference if it is that long?

Comment

ery excited! I loved her last album and I admire that she remains so loyal to the sound she started with.

Comment

lol I am just gonna deem it 'project' like the tweet said

Comment

we getting 12 new tracks a year after good to know!!!! she keep feeding her fans!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                        I mean 12 tracks but the EP term is used very loosely these days (unless most of these are interludes).

I always got time for Joanna. Now to decide and risk my health to see her perform on this mini tour....
                        update: YOLO. Tickets purchased. Lemme go see my baby.

Comment

Tracklist?

It looks very emo and not very R&B.

Comment

https://link.chtbl.com/JoJoMPG

New podcast where she speaks about the project from 39:00.

Comment

Can't wait

Comment

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/try...-it/1581856276
                                12 tracks indeed and Worst (I Assume) is track #11

Comment

I thought that the entire EP would come out today and that it would be the first of 10 EPs. I really can’t read.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                    I thought that the entire EP would come out today and that it would be the first of 10 EPs. I really can’t read.
                                    Wishful thinking took over ur brain.

Comment

People Magazine:

The single is the first release from her upcoming EP Trying Not to Think About It, and the singer shared she wrote the song from a "protective mechanism."

"I wrote it from the protective mechanism that sometimes I have, of bracing for the worst in a relationship — whether it's romantic, or professional, even though that might not be what ends up happening," JoJo, 30, tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The single goes hand-in-hand with the overall theme of the EP, and the singer shares she knew she wouldn't be able to make another album if she didn't get this one "off her heart."

JoJo says the past year made her fall into "dark places" due to uncertainty and fear — which is what Trying Not to Think About It reflects.

"It's a time capsule of where I was in this blue state — in this depressed blue, gray state of mind," says the "Baby It's You" singer. The singer says she's most vulnerable when she feels "connected to people around the world" — and music is "the most incredible and seamless way to have that connection."

JoJo has experienced depression and anxiety since she was a teenager — but a song titled "Anxiety (Burlinda)" on the EP made her realize she had been "writing about being depressed for a long time."

https://people.com/music/jojo-releas...mpression=true

Comment

Ugh! So it really is an EP?
                                        Joss Stone | Xtina | P!nk | Nelly Furtado

Comment

JoJo on How Mental Health, Depression, and Joni Mitchell’s Blue Shaped Her New EP

https://consequence.net/2021/08/jojo...ith-with-2021/

Comment

Tracklist:

World of Sunshine (Intro)
                                            Anxiety (Burlinda's Theeme)
                                            Dissolve
                                            Good Enough (Interlude)
                                            B.I.D
                                            Feel Alright
                                            Fresh New Sheets
                                            Sugar and Carbs (Interlude)
                                            Spiral SZN
                                            Nikki's Sound Bath (Interlude)
                                            Worst (I Assume)
                                            Lift

Comment

So that makes 8 new songs. I don't know how much time I will be giving to this release considering The High Road is finally being released to streaming on Friday!!

Comment

Yeah I am not streaming the original high road or debut. All my support goes to this, gonna buy and stream this.
                                                Last edited by IVyoncÚ; Sat September 18, 2021, 12:51.

Comment

Her first two albums being released to streaming can only help the E.P.

I am looking forward to hearing it but I’m not expecting much sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X