No announcement yet.

Kacey Musgraves - Star-Crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadwinner is the most obvious single choice. I love the (un)official video.
    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Loved this interview! Found myself agreeing with 98.7% of what she said.

Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [75-71]
      Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [Starting 12/22]
      Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [Starting 12/27]
      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Easy on Me [4 weeks]
      AlbumClash 2.0: [ABBA vs. Silk Sonic]

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

I’m not enjoying this like it did GH sadly, it lacks the beautiful melodies, production, emotions... like, it sounds similar (her voice + guitar basically) but still sounds kinda muted or bland.

I see here that it’s grown on people so I’ll give it a few more tries, but so far it’s a no for me
        last.fm

Comment

She performed "Camera Roll" on last night's Saturday Night Live:

Comment

Welp, if she's going to win a Grammy from this album, it won't be in the Country categories:

Comment

I don’t know how these things work nor how the process was in the past, but I kind of agree. The album is really not country, even her songwriting this time is quite different. An album like red being nominated for best country is already a stretch, but red is more country than Star-crossed. I would assume they saw this coming tbh.

On SNL the instrumentals during camera roll were more country, but those are not found on the record itself.
              Eudaimonia
              Last.fm
              Instagram

Comment

I don't really care about the genre category 'change'. For me, it's pretty equal parts country and pop, but as long as I see it nominated for album of the year, I'm good.

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  I don't really care about the genre category 'change'. For me, it's pretty equal parts country and pop, but as long as I see it nominated for album of the year, I'm good.
                  Do you think it will be? I love the album but I think it wasn’t near as critically acclaimed as GH
                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

It's a fair decision to me. This album doesn't sound like country at all.

Comment

As much as I love S-C, let's be honest - it's not a country album.
                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Her fun response to the exclusion:

Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                        Do you think it will be? I love the album but I think it wasn’t near as critically acclaimed as GH
                        24K Magic (70/100), 25 (75/100), 1989 (76/100), and Babel (63/100) each won AOY with a lower Metacritic score than Star-Crossed (78/100) so she's got a shot.

Comment

In retrospective, it seemed odd to give AOTY to 'Babel' considering it was the album with the lowest Metacritic rating among all albums nominated. It was the commercially most successful one, but it wasn't a smash like '25' or '1989'. I once read that it was a late way to honor 'Sigh No More', which was initially overlooked but in retrospective was majorly responsible for starting the folk trend going on back then. Kind of makes sense to me.
                          The other 3... It's all a matter of taste, but I get their appeal essentially leading to them winning AOTY.
                          Pro: freedom of speech
                          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

She performed "Breadwinner" on the Stephen Colbert show last night:

Comment

She released a video for "Camera Roll". Love the name of the van!

Comment

Working...
                              X