No announcement yet.

Alicia Keys - Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only You is my jam. I love the Originals version. So dreamy.
    It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

Im addicted to this
      Joss Stone | Xtina | P!nk | Nelly Furtado

Comment

Originally posted by GonPop View Post
        Im addicted to this
        Same.

Comment

#1 Only You (Originals)
          #2 Daffodils (Unlocked)
          #3 Is It Insane (Unlocked)
          #4 Only You (Unlocked)
          #5 Nat King Cole (Originals)

I‘m happy that the album‘s evolving a bit by each spin. Very pleased that it‘s much better than ALICIA already.

Comment

This sounds pretty great on the first spin.

Comment

Okay I’m about to give this a spin now, very excited about it. But can someone please tell me what the unlocked disc is?

Comment

a GREAT album. I love all of her albums.
                My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by GonPop View Post
                  Is It Insane is the best thing she has done in years!!!
                  It's the first time she's written a song entirely on her own since 'If I Ain't Got You' back in 2003.
                  Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                  Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                  Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                    Okay I’m about to give this a spin now, very excited about it. But can someone please tell me what the unlocked disc is?
                    Not really sure myself, haven't listened to the album yet. All I know is that Mike Will Made It helped produce that portion of the album.

I thought there was gonna be an originals version of LALA btw?? How odd.

Comment

Phucking love the album. Damn it's really another vibe which i have not heard before.

Comment

I'm so much excited to it !!

Comment

I like some of the songs on the new album.....particularly Only You (both versions) and the original version of Is It Insane.

Also Big performance at the Dubai Expo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZek837bxs

Comment

I've listened to the originals and I really enjoyed it.
                            Can't wait to listen to the other half.
                            Too Much Music
                            Too Much Music @Facebook
                            Too Much Music @Twitter
                            Scotland Social League

Comment

I started to listen but my interest waned halfway through. I feel like I should like it, so will give it another spin soonly.

​​​​​

Comment

It's a good morning listen for sure. I'm gonna try start listening to the Unlocked side first next because my attention span is shot after the ending balled-fest on the originals side.

My fav is Billions.

my critique is that 'Licia struggles with making songs greater than her vocal talent. I would love some of them balled if sung by someone else.

Comment

I just listened to the Originals side and it was nice. A liiiittle boring and same-y but not bad. "Plentiful" and "Nat King Cole" were standouts for me. Gonna listen to the Unlocked side later.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by minime View Post

Not really sure myself, haven't listened to the album yet. All I know is that Mike Will Made It helped produce that portion of the album.

I thought there was gonna be an originals version of LALA btw?? How odd.

The the first side includes a suite of songs, (billed as Originals) that showcase a more stripped-back, piano-based sound, while the Unlocked side features beefed up, hip-hop-leaning reworkings co-produced by Mike Will Made It.

Comment

I can't find digital copies anywhere
                                      Joss Stone | Xtina | P!nk | Nelly Furtado

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post

The the first side includes a suite of songs, (billed as Originals) that showcase a more stripped-back, piano-based sound, while the Unlocked side features beefed up, hip-hop-leaning reworkings co-produced by Mike Will Made It.
                                        Thanks, I would have figured so. I'll give the album a listen tonight.

Comment

Come for me is a VIBE as the kids would say. My new fav.

Comment

It’s already starting to wear off. Haven’t played much of this record since its release weekend.

*sigh* She might have become a bit of a one-trick pony for me. However, there is good material on KEYS. It’s just not that substantial.

Comment

i still haven't listened yet, ive been listening to her other stuff this week to build up to it. i want to watch the YouTube thing too
                                              what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                                i still haven't listened yet, ive been listening to her other stuff this week to build up to it. i want to watch the YouTube thing too
                                                I don’t know if Drink Champs is the YouTube thing you’re talking about, but I’ve just watched the whole thing and I’m so in awe of her. Beautiful woman.

Comment

I'm surprised this isn't getting better critics ("only" 65 at Metacritic). IMO it's a gorgeous album, first half sounds stunning, second half is more the commercial side where especially Only You shines. Adore Nat King Cole (both versions)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                    I'm surprised this isn't getting better critics ("only" 65 at Metacritic). IMO it's a gorgeous album, first half sounds stunning, second half is more the commercial side where especially Only You shines. Adore Nat King Cole (both versions)!
                                                    I kind of agree with what a lot of the critics are saying tbh; it’s too long, the concept doesn’t work and the songwriting just isn’t there.

I don’t think a lot of the tracks on each half sound distinctive enough from each other for the concept to work, and the length of it makes it hard to find highlights.

I’m more shocked at how it has tanked commercially; it missed the UK Top 100 albums and is nowhere to be seen in forecasts for the Top 50 on Billboard. Even Alicia charted decently just a year ago with little hype.
                                                    Last edited by firefly_86; Mon December 20, 2021, 15:31.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X