Lauren Jauregui - Prelude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lauren Jauregui - Prelude

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Nice! For a minute there, I was thinking Camila was going to be the only 5H member who actually released albums, since the others keep getting pushed back.

Comment

What genre is she going for? Her singles have been all over the place. I loved her collaboration with Steve Aoki a few years ago and still play it.

Comment

Probably a little bit too late now but finally! She had some promising solo stuff already.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
          What genre is she going for? Her singles have been all over the place. I loved her collaboration with Steve Aoki a few years ago and still play it.
          I enjoyed the R&B songs she put out like "More Than That" and the other one that I forgot. I think the voice suits it really well. Though I guess rather than sticking to 1 genre, she'd rather do songs that are more in the same 'vibe', like Halsey maybe, in a way that she does different genres but they're still consistent due to the similar theme or vibe.

Comment

Excited!!
            What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Intro + Colors are out now and they both sound really good together!

Comment

Colors is cuuuute!! that raspy tone is everything.

Finally the real talent of 5H is releasing a project **runs**

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                  Colors is cuuuute!! that raspy tone is everything.

Finally the real talent of 5H is releasing a project **runs**
                  Omg, we do both agree

You hit the nail on its head when you wrote the real talent of 5H. I felt that.

Comment

She parted ways with Columbia & Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                      She parted ways with Columbia & Sony.
                      It was to be expected as none of her songs have appeared on the Hot 100 yet and they probably felt it was a waste of investment. The same thing happened with Ally Brooke, who I actually like the most out of the girls output after 5H.

Comment

"Scattered" featuring Vic Mensa is now out:

Comment

So she seems to be moving to the more vibey-R&B territory and I'm enjoying it so far. I don't see myself playing these two songs a lot though, "More Than That" is still the much superior song.

Comment

Random but I feel like she & Kali Uchis would sound good together.

Comment

Loved Colors so much! It reminded me a lot of Haunted by Beyoncé (one of the best songs on the self-titled); the Vic Mensa collab is not my cup of tea.

I was obsessed back then with Expectations, More than That, Lento (especially with the Bravo remix with Pabllo Vittar) and 50ft.!!!! It's so sad she parted ways with Columbia/Sony but I'm glad we're getting the EP!!!!

Comment

I think what these songs are lacking is.....production! Her vocals are usually on point but they need something underneath them and these minimalistic songs are not doing anything for me.

Comment

I missed the show. People seem to love a song named Falling from this new project.

Comment

Forgot to post this the other day, but here's a live performance version of "Scattered":

Comment

"On Guard" featuring R&B singer 6lack is now out:

Comment

Live performance video of "On Guard":

Comment

On Guard is my favorite from this project

Comment

The whole project is out now - 7 songs, 22 minutes. Good EP, I like this direction for her, even though I obviously also wouldn't mind a full on Pop track from her.

Comment

she should have added all the previously released songs and make it a full body of work.
                                              This is indeed a nice direction for her, it fits her voice like a glove.
                                              Joss Stone | Xtina | P!nk | Nelly Furtado

Comment

Scattered starts off SO GOOD but turns into a complete mess when the chorus kicks in. My least favorite.

Comment

I had liked the pre-released singles up to this point, but wow, the whole EP is great. R&B really is her lane. I'm glad we can get another 5H person to release a project outside of Camila.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X