Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around…

First single out Sept. 23rd

Tracklist:

1. Merry Christmas Baby
    2. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
    3. Christmas Isn't Cancelled (Just You)
    4. Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know)
    5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
    6. Glow (with Chris Stapleton)
    7. Santa Baby
    8. Santa, Can You Hear Me (with Ariana Grande)
    9. Last Christmas
    10. Jingle Bell Rock
    11. Blessed
    12. Christmas Come Early
    13. Under the Mistletoe (with Brett Eldredge) [Bonus Track]
    14. All I Want for Christmas Is You [Bonus Track]
    15. Christmas Eve [Bonus Track]

"Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You)" is the first song from her upcoming ninth studio album. The song follows Clarkson's 2020 holiday offerings "Under the Mistletoe" with Brett Eldredge and a cover of Vince Vance & the Valiants' "All I Want for Christmas is You." The former single reached the top 10 of Billboard's Hot Country Songs and Adult Contemporary charts in December.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...eled-just-you/
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

New album out October 15th

The album's standard edition features twelve tracks including the album's lead single Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You) plus covers of It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, Santa Baby and Last Christmas.

Original songs on the tracklist include Ariana Grande collaboration Santa, Can't You Hear Me, and Glow, a duet with country singer Chris Stapleton.

The deluxe version of When Christmas Comes Around... features three standalone Xmas tracks Kelly has released over the last few years, including 2017's Christmas Eve, and 2020's Under The Mistletoe with Brett Eldredge and All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Kelly's first Christmas album Wrapped In Red was released in October 2013 and peaked at Number 65 on the UK's Official Albums Chart. Wrapped In Red spawned the smash hit single Underneath The Tree, which reached a new peak of Number 15 on the Official Singles Chart in December 2020. Underneath The Tree is BRIT Certified Platinum and has accumulated 780,000 chart sales in the UK.

Kelly Clarkson has scored one UK Number 1 single - My Life Would Suck Without You, plus 17 UK Top 40 hits and five UK Top 10 albums. Look back at Kelly Clarkson's UK chart history in full.
    Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around... tracklist

1. Merry Christmas Baby
    2. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
    3. Christmas Isn't Cancelled (Just You)
    4. Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know)
    5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
    6. Glow (with Chris Stapleton)
    7. Santa Baby
    8. Santa, Can You Hear Me (with Ariana Grande)
    9. Last Christmas
    10. Jingle Bell Rock
    11. Blessed
    12. Christmas Come Early
    13. Under the Mistletoe (with Brett Eldredge) [Bonus Track]
    14. All I Want for Christmas Is You [Bonus Track]
    15. Christmas Eve [Bonus Track]
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ber-15__34095/

Comment

OK I wasn't here for this that much originally. But I'm hopefully it will be a solid album
      Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Shouldve had a Matt Terry Cover with that title maybe? haha

UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Looking forward to the duet with Ariana Grande. Feeling festive already.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I feel like the cover is lacking something. She looks amazing, and I get that it’s supposed to have that sort of classy, throwback vibe… but it just needs a bit of Je ne sais pas… sparkle and glitter maybe?

I’m not a huge fan of Xmas albums, but Wrapped in Red was really solid IMO. I’m confident she can deliver, and excited for the Ari feature.
            Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

A Christmas single at the end of September. Far too early.
              Album cover is stunning, literally perfect.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                Well I guess you’re used to things a little lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Headwrecka View Post

Well I guess you’re used to things a little lacking.
                  Please stop bullying me
                  Last edited by InFamous; Wed September 22, 2021, 23:31.

Comment

Please stop bullying me
                    Aww you love me.

Comment

They literally always do this though. It always kicks off around September because they need to build hype. Holly Dolly Christmas from last year started around the same time.

I’m excited for this. I live for Christmas music
                      Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

My interest in Christmas music faded a bit in the last 2-3 years... but I'll surely still check this out. Her last Christmas album was good, and I really like the album cover.

Comment

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post

They literally always do this though. It always kicks off around September because they need to build hype. Holly Dolly Christmas from last year started around the same time.

I’m excited for this. I live for Christmas music
                          Sure that album dropped in week 2 so doubt there was much hype being built from September. I maintain that mid November is early enough for the Christmas hoopla.. but I know it start in mid September these days.

Comment

Sure that album dropped in week 2 so doubt there was much hype being built from September. I maintain that mid November is early enough for the Christmas hoopla.. but I know it start in mid September these days.
                            I think it’s all do with promotion - leaving it later to announce and release means you get lost in the Q4 releases and people now might see a Christmas album and ‘save it for later’ for when the Christmas season gets going.

A quick google tells me Dolly debuted last year with sales of 27,000 in the US, yet by December had sold 171,000 units - so clearly it’s a model that works.

Lost on me though
                            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Some radio stations start playing 24/7 Christmas music on November 1st here, so it's a good idea to hype the music before then.

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I think it’s all do with promotion - leaving it later to announce and release means you get lost in the Q4 releases and people now might see a Christmas album and ‘save it for later’ for when the Christmas season gets going.

A quick google tells me Dolly debuted last year with sales of 27,000 in the US, yet by December had sold 171,000 units - so clearly it’s a model that works.

Lost on me though
                                Oh wow I had no idea she moved that many units. I would have thought she sold like 50k max.

Comment

Always ready for Christmas.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Oh wow I had no idea she moved that many units. I would have thought she sold like 50k max.
                                    Cuddle up Cosy down Christmas also gave Dolly her highest charting single in the UK since 1993!

anyway, this is a great time for Kelly to do her 2nd Xmas album. Underneath the tree slayed in the UK last year!
                                    Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                      Some radio stations start playing 24/7 Christmas music on November 1st here, so it's a good idea to hype the music before then.
                                      Couple articles year back that radio is switching to Christmas music earlier to grab an audience which tends to stick with them through the season.

Some tv stations have already switched to Christmas season and/or following the radio pattern

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Couple articles year back that radio is switching to Christmas music earlier to grab an audience which tends to stick with them through the season.

Some tv stations have already switched to Christmas season and/or following the radio pattern
                                        I went to do some shopping this evening and I had to walk past an aisle of SELECTION Boxes. We've not even had Halloween things on shelves yet.

Comment

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post

Cuddle up Cosy down Christmas also gave Dolly her highest charting single in the UK since 1993!

anyway, this is a great time for Kelly to do her 2nd Xmas album. Underneath the tree slayed in the UK last year!
                                          Thank you Michael Buble

Comment

I think it's good that Kelly is building on her Christmas catalog. Some of her marketing and comments remind me of the Queen of Christmas so that irks me a little bit. But, Kelly is one of the best to do Christmas in recent times, other than QOC.

I went to do some shopping this evening and I had to walk past an aisle of SELECTION Boxes. We've not even had Halloween things on shelves yet.
                                            Yeah i dislike that it kind of removes Halloween from the mix, but I guess Halloween is celebrated for a much shorter period of time.

Comment

At first, it was not good for me because of another christmas album again after only 8 years from Wrapped In Red. However, the first single is amazing and I’m so excited watching cover artwork and tracklist.

Santa Tell Me meets Underneath The Tree finally!

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                OK I wasn't here for this that much originally. But I'm hopefully it will be a solid album
                                                Indeed, I think that she really can write original festive songs very well. I love all her own holiday tracks! They’re all great.

Comment

Mariah opens the Xmas season in the final week of August.

If anything Katy is late.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                  X