No announcement yet.

Agnes - Magic Still Exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is being released on October 22nd. She confirmed it on Instagram.

However no signs of physical editions.

Comment

tracklist

01 Spiritual Awakening - 1:13
      02 XX - 4:03
      03 24 Hours - 3:50
      04 Freedom - 0:42
      05 Here Comes the Night - 3:32
      05 Love & Appreciation - 5:03
      07 The Soul Has No Gender - 1:15
      08 Selfmade - 5:22
      09 Fingers Crossed - 3:23
      10 Free Your Mind & Free Your Body - 1:16
      11 Magic Still Exists - 5:22

7 songs??

Comment

Comment

Just remembered this is being released tomorrow actually

XX sounds like straight out of Madonna's Confessions on a dancefloor Seems like Song 1 melts into XX like an interlude.

Love And Appreciation sounds like a mix of Here comes the night & Fingers Crossed.

Selfmade is A BOP Y'ALL GAGGED Sounds like straight out of St. Vincent's Masseduction

Magic Still Exists (song) starts off like a power ballad, very Whitney. But I guess it will transform into a dance bop after (feels like it).

Actually it's a great album I guess! But the interludes just makes it so short (even tho they make sense in the continuation of the album but still).

She could've easily added 2 more songs.

Comment

Previews sound good. Excited for this. Still sad there aren't more songs on this.
            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Surprised that Magic still exists (song) is actually a ballad! Thought it would transform into a dance anthem towards the end.

Pretty song! Such a beautiful melody.

Comment

I’ve been waiting for an album for years now, especially since she dropped Limelight and I Trance and the quality of her new work blew everybody else out of the water.

I’m going to revisit this album as I don’t want to ‘give up’ on something I waited so long to hear… but personally, it did nothing for me. The interludes felt pointless, as if they were there purely to bulk out the track listing (couldn’t she have done the Lauryn Hill Miseducation thing and placed them at the end of the songs?) and the new songs on the album feel unfinished or of b-side quality.

It’s just my opinion, and that may well change given time. Maybe Agnes releasing such high quality singles over the past few years has set the standard unreasonably high, but all the new songs do for me is highlight how good 24 Hours and Fingers Crossed really are, and how good others like Nothing Can Compare and Goodlife were.

A special mention for the title track, however. A lovely piano-led close to the record.

Shame, I actually feel a bit gutted not enjoying this release.
                Last edited by sprock; Fri October 22, 2021, 10:42.

Comment

One of the best albums from this year

Comment

Fantastic album, flows so well from start to finish. Even though it's just an interlude, The Soul Has No Gender is just brilliant! She's kinda giving me Robyn - Body Talk vibes with this!

Magic Still Exists on iTunes
                    #1 Sweden
                    #7 India
                    #14 Finland
                    #16 Denmark
                    #27 United Kingdom
                    #31 Australia
                    #78 Germany

Surprised it's even appearing somewhere outside of Sweden, that's nice to see!

Comment

Sadly I did not find anything to get my attention other than the songs that been released already.

As for the interludes.....no comment at all!!!

Comment

The title track - so beautiful!
                        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [100-96]
                        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [Starting 12/22]
                        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [Starting 12/27]
                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Easy on Me [4 weeks]
                        AlbumClash 2.0: [ABBA vs. Adele]

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

Loving it Finally a good album this year.
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Album of the year. love it

Comment

It's really good, it just doesn't make any sense as an album, she sure could have done two more songs without those interludes, they don't add anything.

Worst song it's Selfmade, other than that, awesome tracks. Also, "Goodlife", "Nothing can compare" and "Limelight" fit pretty well in here so at least you can make a 9-10 album track with those.

Hopefully she releases more soon, she seems on a roll lately after being on a 7 year hiatus. I want a real full album this time though, and physical if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
                                It's really good, it just doesn't make any sense as an album, she sure could have done two more songs without those interludes, they don't add anything.

Worst song it's Selfmade, other than that, awesome tracks. Also, "Goodlife", "Nothing can compare" and "Limelight" fit pretty well in here so at least you can make a 9-10 album track with those.

Hopefully she releases more soon, she seems on a roll lately after being on a 7 year hiatus. I want a real full album this time though, and physical if possible.
                                I really thought that Goodlife would be part of the album.. but Limelight, I Trance and Nothing can Compares are on the EP from the same name...

Comment

Already one of my favourite albums of the year!!!!

Comment

I've been waiting for my whole life for this day
                                    Yeah, I've been crying on my own, yeah, but it's okay
                                    Now that we finally are here, babe
                                    I got you, I got you all the way

Amen

Comment

It’s a shame this is so heavy on the interludes. Aside from the three singles, Love And Appreciation was the standout.

Comment

XX is my favourite new track on the album, but the 3 pre-released tracks are far superior to the rest
                                        Last edited by GaGarazzi; Wed November 3, 2021, 06:34.

Comment

Charted in Sweden at 32

Comment

There's two demos on Youtube. "Trust in me" & "Autumn Breeze" from this album.

She could've easily added this two tbh While Autumb Breeze has a different sound than the rest of the album, Trust in me could've fit perfectly (with refined production).

Comment

Working...
                                            X