No announcement yet.

Adele - 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I listened while working this afternoon, it was a perfect album for that.

Strangers By Nature is the “Goldfrapp” song I assume? Cry Your Heart Out, Oh My God and Can I Get It are a great trio. I also enjoyed the run of Hold On, To Be Loved and Love Is A Game at the end.

It’s missing that real powerful track like RITD or SFTTR but overall I enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
      I listened while working this afternoon, it was a perfect album for that.
      I listened to it in bed on Friday morning before I left and think it was quite appropriate. I haven't listened to it again but I'm willing to give it another try this evening.

A lot of these songs must be growers.....

Comment

• I’m highly suspicious of albums that work better as background albums
        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• OMG is fantastic, but I'd pull Can I Get It as the 2nd single in max 2 weeks time to increase Christmas sales. Pure pop, but what a pop tune! Anyway, I hope it's gonna be a proper single later next year. I'm surprised she didn't perform none of these songs during TV specials...

Comment

• I gave it another try but this one isn't really for me. I love individual songs like OMG and CIGI of course but as a whole album I can't sit through it. Her previous album was more enjoyable and to my tastes.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Probably hit 1M US sales by the end of week two. There’s no stopping her.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• This sounds better loud. Never thought I'd say that about an Adele effort but here we are. Lots of layers to unravel.

Comment

• Hadn’t realised until I saw her Audience show last night but the song “Hold On” has been used for a few weeks on the Amazon birdhouse advert. I love the way the song builds.
                    1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• "Can't Be Together" has to be one of the best from the album.

Comment

• Oh My God
                        Can I Get It
                        I Drink Wine
                        All Night Parking
                        Love Is A Game are my favourites from this album.It's a downgrade from 25 for me which i consider her best.
                        Last edited by Choley; Wed November 24, 2021, 15:36.

Comment

• Going back to this and it gets better and better and better. Her best for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post
                            Did she intentionally record conversations with her son with the intention of putting them on her album? That is so tacky.
                            No. Apparently her therapist told her to record the conversations she had with her son about her ex husband and her feelings and to listen back to them later to make sure that the way she was speaking about those things with her so. wasn’t hurtful or insidiously turning her son against her partner. Very wise advice. I think we all know someone who has constantly given sly little digs to the mother or father of their children and later caused a rift.
                            Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post

No. Apparently her therapist told her to record the conversations she had with her son about her ex husband and her feelings and to listen back to them later to make sure that the way she was speaking about those things with her so. wasn’t hurtful or insidiously turning her son against her partner. Very wise advice. I think we all know someone who has constantly given sly little digs to the mother or father of their children and later caused a rift.
                              Interesting. Thank you for your reply and not attacking me.

Comment

• Of course. No worries
                                Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• I stopped listening after the first four songs. But maybe I'll give the other songs a try too as Oh My God seems to be a favorite of many.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    I stopped listening after the first four songs. But maybe I'll give the other songs a try too as Oh My God seems to be a favorite of many.
                                    Love Is a Game, the last track, is probably the best.
                                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I finally listened to it through and I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised!! The album seems a lot more varied than previous ones, there are definitely more mid-tempos and some different production sounds, yes maybe it gets a little indulgent in places, but she's right to experiment a little if it's music that she's happy making.
                                      1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Cry Your Heart Out is my current fave.

Comment

• Enjoying this more and more, definitely a good background album and for me it's a good thing, because it creates a cozy atmosphere and then the songs start shining one by one the more I play it.
                                          last.fm

Comment

• The more I listen the more I love this album. The production is stunning at points.
                                            Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Still can't connect. It's my least fav album of hers.

There's non of excitement for me... still trying to figure out Goldfrapp influenced song...?! Anyone?
                                              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                                Still can't connect. It's my least fav album of hers.

There's non of excitement for me... still trying to figure out Goldfrapp influenced song...?! Anyone?
                                                Strangers By Nature I guess?

Comment

• I haven't clicked with a good few tracks on this yet but I did enjoy MLL more today. Still love Can I get it and All night long. Easy on me and To be loved are both flawless. Oh my god is getting there for me. Don't like Cry your heart out much tbh can't get into it.
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Listened to the whole album today, but how much I want to like Adele, it's just not for me (this time).
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X