X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omiros
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Watched her Glastonbury highlights and she was excellent, really created a moment!
    I came here to post the same thing. Watched her set on iPlayer and she was brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Watched her Glastonbury highlights and she was excellent, really created a moment!

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    Stunning performance! I would love to see her live. The song hits even harder with everything happening in the US

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied

Such a powerful performance! I had the pleasure to see her live myself a few weeks ago and it was an amazing and almost emotional experience, especially hearing I Do.. live and I'm getting the same emotions watching this video. I know it's still a rather current song but this may have become one of my favourite songs of all time.

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan View Post
    The Guardian has named I Do This All The Time as their best song of the year! Very deserved.
    I know. I love it, such a great message and very catchy after a few listens

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    The Guardian has named I Do This All The Time as their best song of the year! Very deserved.

Leave a comment:

• Chantal
    replied
    I haven't listened to all of the new album yet, though am really pleased for her that it's been doing so well. I really liked Slow Club (her previous band), so have been following her music since those days, though Slow Club were more indie and therefore more my kinda thing (I also saw them live a couple of times and they were great). I liked the first Self Esteem album, though some of the tracks weren't totally to my taste. I'm expecting to feel similar about the new album, though I really like I Do This All The Time.

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    I really hope she starts to get some more recognition but I can’t see any of the songs making a chart impact really. Maybe Hobbies 2

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Enters the UK charts at #11 this week, she was top 10 all week so bit disappointed she couldn't hold on but still a fantastic result. Her first album didn't chart at all.

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    Yeah I don’t think it’s anything like Florence. It’s quite brash and very British!

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
    if it's similar to Florence, I would defo dig it
    I wouldn't say it's very similar, her voice is quite different compared to Florence, but they are both on the alternative side of pop. I'd definitely give it a chance if I were you, maybe start with You Forever and I Do This All The Time.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    if it's similar to Florence, I would defo dig it

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I've known her a while, as she has a bonus track on her 2019 called Rooms which I stumbled upon in 2019 and loved.

I Do This All The Time is another good one from this album, but some of her stuff this year has not been my cup of tea.

You Forever is great!

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    I only discovered her as well this week, after reading the glowing review in The Guardian, and this is definitely one of the stand-out releases of the week. Have been obsessed all week!

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    It’s definitely hard to connect with after the first listen, as it comes across jarring and quite full-on!

Leave a comment:

• GonPop
    replied
    I saw a lot of people raving about this too so I have tried to give it a listen and couldn't connect to it at all.

Will give it another go...

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    started a topic Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

I discovered this album this week after Florence & the Machine raved about it on Instagram.

It has 92 on Metacritic.

To say I am gagged is an understatement. This is definitely my AOTY. It’s stunning, hard hitting pop with confronting themes!

I’m intrigued to hear if anyone else had heard of her as this is her 2nd album!

Working...
X