Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

This! I can imagine Who's That Girl and La Isla Bonita not reaching #1 as they are not really dance songs, but Rescue Me has some of her best dance remixes ever. Especially the Titanic Vocal is out of this world.
    Yeah because Secret or I Rise are dance song , right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post

Yeah because Secret or I Rise are dance song , right?
      They are in the dance mixes.
      My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
        The real crime is Rescue Me not hitting number 1.
        Rescue Me, Human Nature, Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Sky Fits Heaven, the GHV2 Megamix, Nobody Knows Me, Mother and Father, and Miles Away not hitting #1 WAS A CRIME.

Comment

• I've been listening to this album and it's really great. My first time listening to the remixes. American Pie is amazing. And I think I like the Impressive Instant more than the album version. I'm really impressed with the Madame X remixes, they are very fun to listen to.
          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Been listening to the Nothing Really Matters remix on repeat. What a underrated gem in her career!

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
              Been listening to the Nothing Really Matters remix on repeat. What a underrated gem in her career!
              I bought the two cd-singles back in the day, but always prefered the original version. And the video... one of her best!!!
              My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• That American Life remix is the best thing on the album. Absolutely brilliant

Comment

• The label seems to be happy
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• What I like about this record is that it mirrors the history of dance music from the mid 80s until now; it's a whole uplifting trip tbh

Comment

• Still think this is her best compilation ever. Maybe second to Something to Remember.

Although some things i noticed are at the beginning of Like a Prayer you can hear her sing "life is a mystery.." before she actually sings it. The beginning of Dont Tell Me starts with "REBELL!" Like they tried to mix them together but decided not to.

Comment

The real crime is Rescue Me not hitting number 1.
                        I agree. In the last few years Rescue Me has become one of my favorite songs by Madonna,
                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Still think this is her best compilation ever. Maybe second to Something to Remember.

Although some things i noticed are at the beginning of Like a Prayer you can hear her sing "life is a mystery.." before she actually sings it. The beginning of Dont Tell Me starts with "REBELL!" Like they tried to mix them together but decided not to.
                          I must not pay attention very well. Everyone finds all these quirky things and I never notice. Is it more prominent with headphones or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

I must not pay attention very well. Everyone finds all these quirky things and I never notice. Is it more prominent with headphones or something?
                            On my airpods i hear it when I play it from Spotify. Not sure about in the car or just playing it from CD/Vinyl

Comment

• My favorites

Everybody (You Can Dance)
                              Fever (Radio Edit)
                              Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix)
                              Hung Up (SDP Extended Vocal)
                              Sorry (PSB Maxi-Mix Edit)
                              Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit)
                              Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso / Shygirl / M.I.A / Lil’ Kim

Comment

• My copies just arrived. The 3CD version has my favorite cover and its physical package looks so much better than the other one.

Anyway, such a nice item for my little but beloved collection!

Comment

Still think this is her best compilation ever. Maybe second to Something to Remember.

I hear that half a second intro on DTM but I can’t make it sound like ‘rebel’

The LAP one is probably audio from the original vocal stems - usually they pick up whatever is coming out of the headphones in the studio. If you listen to Erotica you can hear stuff too. I’ve never heard it personally but Stuart Price claimed that you can hear his neighbour on one of the recordings for COADF (it being recorded in his loft) and that you can hear NYC traffic on ITG stems.
                                  Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Stream and buy!

kthxbye

Comment

• My favorite versions are the ones of:

- Express Yourself
                                      - Open Your Heart
                                      - What It Feels Like For A Girl
                                      - Erotica
                                      - Bitch I'm Madonna
                                      - Keep It Together
                                      - Hung Up
                                      - Holiday
                                      - Justify My Love

The "Medellin" remix is pretty dope, too!

Comment

• Ok the American Pie remix!

Comment

• This remix collection is marvelous. The evolution of dance music through 5 decades. Absolutely stunning. Im a big lover of dance remixes and still possess all her physical singles released but having all remix hits in one collection is another story. I'm so blessed to be her fan and so proud of her
                                          I'll enjoy this the whole year. And now shed better announce a new remix world tour soon.
                                          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Video for the "Turn Up The Radio" remix:

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                              This! I can imagine Who's That Girl and La Isla Bonita not reaching #1 as they are not really dance songs.
                                              That's the main reason, but WTG peaking at #44 even with this dub (and CAC at no.1) is... beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CVnq8nQJw
                                              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I think that my favorites are:

Sorry (PSB Maxi-Mix Edit)
                                                Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit)
                                                I Don't Search I Find (Honey Dijon Radio Mix)
                                                Crave (Tracy Young Dangerous Remix) [feat. Swae Lee]
                                                What It Feels Like for a Girl (Above & Beyond Club Radio Edit)

Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Working...
                                                X