No announcement yet.

Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont understand the word "dated". A song sounding of its time doesnt mean its bad. Her 80s albums all sound dated except maybe La Isla Bonita but they are still incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Angeman View Post
      I dont understand the word "dated". A song sounding of its time doesnt mean its bad. Her 80s albums all sound dated except maybe La Isla Bonita but they are still incredible
      A lot of her earlier work actually doesn’t sound dated at all. Yes they sound very much of their time, but if you listen to music from the 1980s from other artists, the production doesn’t hold up anywhere near as well as Madonna’s music (or MJ’s for that matter).
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Dated? It came out in 1989 so thats no major surprise.
        1987, and it sounds much more dated than her other 80s albums. it aged terribly. i can see young gen z people (like me) listening to LAP, EY, Material Girl, Borderline, LIB etc etc .... however WTG and CAC aged so terribly i can't personally see anyone born after 1990 enjoying them.

Comment

her debut album doesn't sound dated at all it's still fresh and accessible 40 years later despite being her earliest work. albums like WTG and American Life, MDNA tho sound frozen in time. like they were made for that one year and it was never cool since. Like a Prayer and La Isla Bonita are timeless Causing a Commotion and This Used to Be My Playground are dated. it's that simple.

Comment

The word "dated" is just so awful. Music can sound nostalgic, represent an era, etc. But dated? Please. Music is either good or bad.
            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Why so much stigma around the word “dated”? LOL

There’s some dated stuff that sounds great and amazing (“Papa Don’t Preach”) and there’s some dated stuff that sounds like cr*p and ages bad (I have to agree with “Causing A Commotion”).

It’s not like it doesn’t happen the same way with current music anyways. There are current songs that sound bad and some others that sound good.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                The word "dated" is just so awful. Music can sound nostalgic, represent an era, etc. But dated? Please. Music is either good or bad.
                Absolutely agreed, I don't get why people say this album sounds so 80s or 90s? I mean how is that even bad

Comment

Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

Absolutely agreed, I don't get why people say this album sounds so 80s or 90s? I mean how is that even bad
                  Most people just say an album is ‘so 80s’ because it is very obviously from the 1980s. Just like fashion, music trends (from genre to production) exist and date a song.

A good song is always a good song. I think it’s mostly kids and teenagers who get caught up in not appreciating older music, but they always come around to the classics.

Comment

i seem to have ruffled the feathers of the oldies lmao
                    some songs just age better than others. yes 80s Music will sound like it's from the 80s but some of it is timeless and some just sounds terrible after 4 decades

Comment

Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
                      Yes 80s Music will sound like it's from the 80s but some of it is timeless and some just sounds terrible after 4 decades
                      This is why Like a Prayer desperately needs remastering. The sound quality is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo View Post

A lot of her earlier work actually doesn’t sound dated at all. Yes they sound very much of their time, but if you listen to music from the 1980s from other artists, the production doesn’t hold up anywhere near as well as Madonna’s music (or MJ’s for that matter).
                        Agree
                        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
                          i seem to have ruffled the feathers of the oldies lmao
                          ageist

Comment

Originally posted by Madonna.com
                            In advance of the debut of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE in June, one of the 50 chart toppers – “Causing A Commotion” – was spotlighted early as an exclusive release for this year’s Record Store Day on April 23. Three remixes of the track appeared on the limited edition, five-track, red vinyl 12” EP Who’s That Girl Super Club Mix.
                            See, they knew what they were doing, because:

Originally posted by Madonna.com
                            Madonna redesigned the album’s chronology by picking three edits from You Can Dance, including “Into The Groove”, “Everybody” and “Physical Attraction,” which reflects the underground club vibes that inspired her first recordings as a Sire artist.
                            Sounds like they wanted it on there and for the album to be fully chronological, but Madonna was having none of it In Madonna’s defence, if she hadn’t insisted on Everybody and Physical Attraction being included her first album would not have been represented.

Comment

the 6LP version is already sold out?
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                the 6LP version is already sold out?
                                It sold out very quickly. Limited to 6000 copies apparently.

Comment

It sold out very quickly. Limited to 6000 copies apparently.
                                  oh DAMN, are they going to add some more copies?
                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

oh DAMN, are they going to add some more copies?
                                    We don’t know yet. I’m guessing no to the advertised red/black edition (as it’s limited to 6000) but I guess that doesn’t stop them doing green/blue or something

Comment

I really wish she had surprised dropped FEL onto streaming alongside the announcement. I don’t understand the advantage of waiting until June just to stream it… and I need something to listen to now Madonna

Comment

I really wish she had surprised dropped FEL onto streaming alongside the announcement. I don’t understand the advantage of waiting until June just to stream it… and I need something to listen to now Madonna
                                        My guess is they are going to tie some Pride promotion with the album in June. I mean the remixes are pretty gay.

Comment

My guess is they are going to tie some Pride promotion with the album in June. I mean the remixes are pretty gay.
                                          Like… a pride performance?

Comment

Like… a pride performance?
                                            The track records there lol. She seems to really love that last week of June

July 1 2019 Pride headliner

June 23 2020 Human Nature maxi single released to streaming for Pride

June 25th last year that bar performance.

Comment

So... basically the ''new remixes'' project is shelved/canceled. That's good, I don't think the Frozen remix in any of their versions are good.

I LOVE that we are finally getting some official remixes on streaming, like the Morales mix of Deeper and Deeper, Sasha's Ultraviolet mix of Ray of Light, Club 69 mix of Nothing Really Matters!!!!! One of my favs!! (Hopefully we can get the full remix EP from NRM!!!), the Thunderpuss mix of Don't Tell Me, Rauhofer's mix of Impressive Instant and every remix from the American Life era!

But I do think, that at least, this being a remix project, we should've had got at least one of the non-released/unreleased mixes of some of the 98-05 singles.

This being said, I'm so happy we did get to have an awesome remix package!!!

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                                So... basically the ''new remixes'' project is shelved/canceled. That's good, I don't think the Frozen remix in any of their versions are good.
                                                that is a shame, don’t think all the remixes would be as bad as Frozen
                                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

There was never any ‘new remix project’ beyond Frozen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                    There was never any ‘new remix project’ beyond Frozen.
                                                    It was never confirmed, but there was Katy Perry remix of one of her old songs in talk.
                                                    nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Working...
                                                    X