Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its fatboy slim but good.

Comment

• Hope she has more than liner notes on the booklet!

Comment

• Her legacy has been getting really stronger these past couple of years. I used to think she would not crossover to the new gen because she had a comparatively "weak" voice but gen-z doesnt really want "vocalists" they want soothing, pleasant voices which is what Madonna has.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
          Hope she has more than liner notes on the booklet!
          There’s a couple of lines about each song. Not written by Madonna.
          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• 16 track version out now and not a single post?
            Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Imma listen to it rn!!
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                16 track version out now and not a single post?
                The sound is great. I never listen to Everybody but this version the sound pops and its the perfect length plus opener imo.

The LFL remix is the only thing remix I dislike. Wish we got those two new remixes she sang last night though. Would have been a perfect addition.

Comment

• It's great! I'm streaming on repeat.

Comment

• I liked it! I don’t know if I will play it over and over again tho
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                      16 track version out now and not a single post?
                      the entire second half is a bore fest tbh...

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

the entire second half is a bore fest tbh...
                        So basically you don't like remixes. The first half is just alternate versions of songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

So basically you don't like remixes. The first half is just alternate versions of songs
                          i find her post rol era remixes to be all mostly bland and boring especially the 2000s ones

Comment

• also i enjoyed the improved quality, i used to hate that 7" remix of LAP cause it sounded so cheap and dated, it sounds much clearer now i like it

Comment

• I enjoy the second half but yes its clear around Music the quality goes down.

Comment

• Very happy with this release, it sounds full and punchy
                                I hope/expect the full 3CD edition to be the same

much like YCD, it's a great workout record

Comment

• I think it starts strong, loses its way with the 90s mixes but then really pulls it back from Hollywood onwards - so I think the second half is my favourite
                                  Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• I also think Everybody starts weird - those first ten seconds aren’t needed.
                                    Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Having listened to this a few times I actually think the sixteen track version is pretty great. It’s actually a pretty decent selection of songs that span her entire career, and the remixes complement each other well. But my overall impression is that it’s just a fun little album. Fifty tracks is going to be a lot to work through, but I can sort of see myself playing this one more.
                                      Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Love the intro of Everybody. Also a great way to open the album. Not here for all those remixes, but some I've loved for years.
                                        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• This remix album is so divine omg, working out to Madonna I mean who wouldn't want that

I went for a 5Kms run and then 1Kms swim I played this album like ifnitite times

Comment

• I can’t wait for open your heart video version the intro is so much better

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Depends on what you call a remix. I prefer the older remixes from back in the day when they were actually creative with the remixes. Especially on Who's That Girl, Open Your Heart, Angel, True Blue, Causing a Commotion, Express Yourself, Like a Prayer, Keep it Together, Hanky Panky, Rescue Me...
                                              Nowadays it's like: let's add a beat and we've got a remix.
                                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Depends on what you call a remix. I prefer the older remixes from back in the day when they were actually creative with the remixes. Especially on Who's That Girl, Open Your Heart, Angel, True Blue, Causing a Commotion, Express Yourself, Like a Prayer, Keep it Together, Hanky Panky, Rescue Me...
                                                Nowadays it's like: let's add a beat and we've got a remix.
                                                Totally disagree. I feel like the remixes back in the day were just extended versions.

Comment

• The 80s mixes are more like extended versions. The 90s remixes are all about silly thumping beats but most of the remixes from 2000 onwards actually bring something new to each song - remixes here of Music, Girl Gone Wild, Living For Love, Medellín etc are completely reworked songs designed for a club.

I just feel like there’s more creativity in them, and it’s interesting to see how remix production has changed across her forty year career on just these sixteen songs.

I’m sure FEL50 will offer so much more, but it really drives home how genius it was for her to take DJs and remixers and ask them to produce for her - taking what’s already working in a club and marketing it for the masses.

Madonna’s done it so many times across her career but it’s a strategy she developed pre-fame, and continues to utilise forty years later. Genius and honestly, who else does it?
                                                  Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Yeah the 80s remixes are anything but "creative" still its nice to have them remastered.

My biggest problem with the most recent remixes on the album, Girl Gone Wild to IDSIF, is that they are 80 percent instrumental and 20 percent vocals. I cant stand remixes that are mostly noise like dubs and club versions. For the most part Everybody to Give It to Me have the perfect ratio of music to vocals.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X