Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

Totally disagree. I feel like the remixes back in the day were just extended versions.
    Absolutely

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
      Yeah the 80s remixes are anything but "creative" still its nice to have them remastered.

My biggest problem with the most recent remixes on the album, Girl Gone Wild to IDSIF, is that they are 80 percent instrumental and 20 percent vocals. I cant stand remixes that are mostly noise like dubs and club versions. For the most part Everybody to Give It to Me have the perfect ratio of music to vocals.
      See I don’t feel like anything is missing. I’m literally sat here trying to work out what’s missing from LFL and Medellín because I haven’t noticed anything
      Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• I do love the 80s mixes though - I honestly wish Madonna would do extended mixes like she used to. COADF gone a couple with Hung Up and Jump, but that’s about it. Sometimes all you need is a longer version of a song that you already love.

Comment

Yeah the 80s remixes are anything but "creative" still its nice to have them remastered.

My biggest problem with the most recent remixes on the album, Girl Gone Wild to IDSIF, is that they are 80 percent instrumental and 20 percent vocals. I cant stand remixes that are mostly noise like dubs and club versions. For the most part Everybody to Give It to Me have the perfect ratio of music to vocals.
          Honey Dijon used the whole vocals from IDSIF, listen again to the album and the remix and compare.. the GGW remix done by king Avicii is more like a dub, but it was his style of rework...

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

See I don’t feel like anything is missing. I’m literally sat here trying to work out what’s missing from LFL and Medellín because I haven’t noticed anything
            LFL the vocals, as in her singing a verse, dont start until exactly the 3 minute mark!! Then by the 4 minute mark its back to noise for the rest of the song. Thats unnaceptable.

Medellin has a minute and 15 second intro which is too long. The remix is good but that intro would make my friends say "skip" if I played it

Comment

• Originally posted by basticasas View Post

Honey Dijon used the whole vocals from IDSIF, listen again to the album and the remix and compare.. the GGW remix done by king Avicii is more like a dub, but it was his style of rework...
              I know the IDSIF is like an old style extended mix from the 80s. I like that mix. IDSIF is just kind if repetative to begin with imo

Comment

LFL the vocals, as in her singing a verse, dont start until exactly the 3 minute mark!! Then by the 4 minute mark its back to noise for the rest of the song. Thats unnaceptable.

Medellin has a minute and 15 second intro which is too long. The remix is good but that intro would make my friends say "skip" if I played it
                She’s singing ‘Living For Love’ in the first minute and the verse starts at exactly 1:37. Are you listening to the album or a random playlist?

Comment

She’s singing ‘Living For Love’ in the first minute and the verse starts at exactly 1:37. Are you listening to the album or a random playlist?
                  Oh i missed that verse but I still feel like the remix doesnt work the same way the rest of the radio remixes work. Compare to the 90s through Hollywood where they are basically the song with a different instrumental. I like that better then whatever LFL remix is.

Comment

Oh i missed that verse but I still feel like the remix doesnt work the same way the rest of the radio remixes work. Compare to the 90s through Hollywood where they are basically the song with a different instrumental. I like that better then whatever LFL remix is.
                    But this is essentially 99% the live performance remix? It’s probably my favourite on the album

Comment

But this is essentially 99% the live performance remix? It’s probably my favourite on the album
                      Yes and it was terrible and the song flopped.

Comment

Yes and it was terrible and the song flopped.
                        Her last charting UK single tho

Comment

Her last charting UK single tho
                          So what youre saying is it was so terrible it destroyed her singles career there after? I agree

Comment

So what youre saying is it was so terrible it destroyed her singles career there after? I agree
                            We all know that damn cape sabotaged her in the UK

Comment

• I'm loving this 16 remixes, although I'd hoped for new remixes, like some tech house remixes. Still, I'm loving it. Can't wait to have all 50 of them.
                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I don't call adding a lot of noise and a beat "creative". Adding nice touches, but keeping the soul of the song is what I love about the earlier remixes.
                                But I'm happy newer fans like the later remixes as it's probably more for newer generations.

I agree with Angeman that remixes are not so interesting if they leave out a lot of the vocals. I'm a Madonna fan for three reasons:
                                - her voice
                                - her lyrics
                                - her music
                                If they leave out her voice, her lyrics and mess up the music... it's not the kind of remix I will listen to again.
                                My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

Totally disagree. I feel like the remixes back in the day were just extended versions.
                                  Thank you! This is why I don’t listen to "You Can Dance". It’s literally just extended versions + Spotlight.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Thank you! This is why I don’t listen to "You Can Dance". It’s literally just extended versions + Spotlight.
                                    There is also an edition with the edits if you don't like extended versions. I have both CD's in my collection and have always prefered the one with the edits.
                                    My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                      I don't call adding a lot of noise and a beat "creative". Adding nice touches, but keeping the soul of the song is what I love about the earlier remixes.
                                      But I'm happy newer fans like the later remixes as it's probably more for newer generations.

I agree with Angeman that remixes are not so interesting if they leave out a lot of the vocals. I'm a Madonna fan for three reasons:
                                      - her voice
                                      - her lyrics
                                      - her music
                                      If they leave out her voice, her lyrics and mess up the music... it's not the kind of remix I will listen to again.
                                      I totally understand what you're saying, I also love the extended remixes from the 80s and wish that the most recent ones had that extra vocals.
                                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I also enjoy the first part of the album much more than those newer noisy mess. Generally I'm not a big fan of remixes so have only listened to this album twice for now but the old songs sound still like songs so they're OK while the ones since more or less 2000 (with a few exceptions) are just mostly dire.

Comment

The LFL new mix is a vocal edit of the Offer Nissim's Living for Drama Mix, like the one she used to do on the live performances!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by basticasas View Post

The LFL new mix is a vocal edit of the Offer Nissim's Living for Drama Mix, like the one she used to do on the live performances!!!
                                            Yeah and it was bad then.

Comment

• "I don't work out to my music - I hate my music! I mean, I'm sick of it. […] Remixes are good! Remixes of my music are good 'cause they re-invent them." - Madonna, 2014

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Yeah and it was bad then.
                                                I agree, that awful remix was killing the song on the tour.
                                                In its original form LFL is a decent track but that remix stripped it from all its beauty.

Comment

• Deeper and Deeper remix is gheytastic!

Comment

• I wish they had a new single out!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X