• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE

Alternative Cover:

Tracklist:

Per Apple Music:

The queen has returned, and she comes bearing an uplifting message of release. On “BREAK MY SOUL,” which samples Robin S. as well as Big Freedia, Beyoncé offers wall-to-wall affirmations atop a four-on-the-floor house production. Extra stress? Get rid of it. Aimless anger? Let it go. “You won’t break my soul,” she triumphantly proclaims on the hook, compelling all who listen to welcome that power into their lives and move accordingly. With this the first glimpse of her upcoming album RENAISSANCE, expect to find liberation on the dance floor when the full album arrives on July 29.

------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Might as well start an album thread.

The album seems to be coming out today.

If you search for "B7" on her website there are now two placeholders (possibly for the standard and deluxe versions).

If you also search for "June 11" the same placeholder shows up. It doesn't show up on any other date.

Her social media profiles are deleted everywhere, hinting at the new campaign launch.

The timing coincides with the vinyl rumours (vinyl take around six month to produce and she was looking into them in December).

And finally, if you search for "The Once & Future Beyoncé" on google (which was the name of her Harper's Bazaar issue), the first result is a blank page on her website. This could be a hint at the rumoured medieval theme as well, as the title reference's T.H. White's The Once & Future King which is about King Arthur.
    Last edited by Omiros; Fri July 22, 2022, 14:12.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Not convinced the album is dropping today, but the lead single, album announcement and tour details will probably be released.

It’ll be interesting to see how this rolls out though. I’d quite like a campaign like Harry Styles’ but I suspect they’re going for longevity with Bey: start off with streaming + digital sales then release the physical a few weeks later to keep the momentum going (possibly with exclusive tracks?)

Who even knows. But I’m so here for The Once and Future King inspiration - for those unfamiliar with the book, it’s the source material for ‘Disney’s Sword In The Stone’ (one of my favourites), and the 1960s musical ‘Camelot’.
    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

I just hope there’s some catchy songs in this era.

Comment

I would die! We need one of the legends to save music.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          I would die! We need one of the legends to save music.
          Kate Bush got that memo two weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo View Post
            Not convinced the album is dropping today, but the lead single, album announcement and tour details will probably be released.

It’ll be interesting to see how this rolls out though. I’d quite like a campaign like Harry Styles’ but I suspect they’re going for longevity with Bey: start off with streaming + digital sales then release the physical a few weeks later to keep the momentum going (possibly with exclusive tracks?)

Who even knows. But I’m so here for The Once and Future King inspiration - for those unfamiliar with the book, it’s the source material for ‘Disney’s Sword In The Stone’ (one of my favourites), and the 1960s musical ‘Camelot’.
            I personally prefer a single/tour announcement for now to be honest. Going against BTS with not even a full week's sales is classic Bey self-sabotage.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Omiros View Post

I personally prefer a single/tour announcement for now to be honest. Going against BTS with not even a full week's sales is classic Bey self-sabotage.
              Not to mention the Tidal exclusives she’s bound to offer. You just know if there’s a standard and deluxe, Tidal’s getting the deluxe

Comment

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Picked up by PopCrave

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Yeah ok

Comment

aang
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Omiros Oops, didn't know you already posted. I'm rarely here these days.

But yeah, I'm excited. The Renaissance reference she/her team's been hinting got me intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                          Yeah, I really liked Harry's campaign for Harry's House as well - I thought the overall rollout was really great. I do think the gap between the single and the album was too long, but hey it worked in the end.

Although with Harry, the whole cryptic website thingy with the door image or something (I forgot exactly what it was, but I remember reading about it) was great for his demographic because they're young & they love to overanalyze every single thing - same with BTS fans, etc.

But us Beyonce fans are old now, we have life & bills to play so we have no time analyzing hints like this. Just give us a concrete announcement, Bey!

Comment

Omiros I blame you if this doesn’t come out today
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              Omiros I blame you if this doesn’t come out today
                              Me twice
                              It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

She wants to Beyhave

Comment

There's also a B8 entry posted today
                                    Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                                      There's also a B8 entry posted today
                                      Double album incoming

Comment

how exciting!
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

We need that dance album King!!!
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Loose JeremySpears don't come for me I'm only going by her annoying hints
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Omiros View Post
                                              Loose JeremySpears don't come for me I'm only going by her annoying hints
                                              If you play with a beehive you’ll eventually get stung

Comment

Now we need that bottom BeeBoy to c*m back
                                                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

I am ready.
                                                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Working...
                                                  X