Taylor Swift - Midnights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Already a historic album!
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      And there it is!
      holy shit

Comment

• LEGEEEEEEEND
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

LEGEEEEEEEND
          Plot twist: She planned it all.

That clever, clever fox.

Comment

• Taylor acting like she's surprised is a kii
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Absolutely loving "Paris" atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                Taylor acting like she's surprised is a kii
                You know she had that tweet in the drafts for a week now

Comment

You know she had that tweet in the drafts for a week now
                  She probably readied it the moment she saw those predictions

Well done to her though, I'd rather Taylor have this record than Drake or any other rapper tbh.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Bigger Than the Whole Sky is devastating me atm.

Apparently it’s about a miscarriage - unsure if it’s autobiographical
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                      I feel like Taylor Swift is the traditional type of person to marry first, then have children, so if it's biographical, it's rather about someone in her environment than she herself.
                      Last edited by theMathematician; Wed November 2, 2022, 10:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I feel like Taylor Swift is the traditional type of person to marry first, then have children, so if it's autobiographical, it's rather about someone in her environment than she herself.
                        You have no basis for any of those assumptions.

Its not autobiographical if it’s about someone else, even if it’s someone she knows
                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

She probably readied it the moment she saw those predictions

Well done to her though, I'd rather Taylor have this record than Drake or any other rapper tbh.
                          Same! So glad she broke those records!

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                            Bigger Than the Whole Sky is devastating me atm.

it's supposedly about her friend claire's miscarriage

Comment

• It's such a strong album. She's killing it at the moment.
                              Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                              'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• As I've spent more time with the main album (sans 3am tracks) I feel this is an alright album, but there aren't as many tracks I love as Red, 1989, Rep or Folklore. This one is probably on a similar level to 'Evermore' for me.

Rankings for now...

Great
                                Anti-Hero
                                You're On Your Own, Kid

Good
                                Lavender Haze
                                Snow On The Beach
                                Question...?
                                Vigilante Sh*t
                                Ok
                                Maroon
                                Sweet Nothing
                                Mastermind

Meh
                                Midnight Rain
                                Bejewelled
                                Labyrinth

I'll have to digest the 3am tracks a bit more. 'Bigger Than The Whole Sky' is very sad - I definitely get the vibe it's about miscarriage, but not specifically hers. There's often an assumption in Taylor's music that first-person songs must be autobiographical, which is of course not true.
                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                                  Meh
                                  Midnight Rain
                                  [... ]
                                  Labyrinth
                                  I feel like those two have got potential, but it wasn't executed properly until the very end. Midnight Rain feels a bit too short. After that final c-part, I feel like the song would've needed another chorus. Labyrinth could've profitted from a sound switch during the final choruses. When the distorted vocals set it, I hoped for some eurodance or hip hop beats to spice it up, but it basically stays within its sound cloud until the end.

Comment

• AAAAAAHHHH my signed vinyl is here and I got a heart!! A heart!! AAAHH I choose to believe she knew this one was for me

Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu November 3, 2022, 15:37.

Comment

• My fav today is you're on your own, kid

Comment

• "Hits Different" appreciation post from Taylor:

She really said "you wanna listen to this? Buy the CD bitch"

Comment

• Honestly, I think this might become my favorite Taylor album

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                            Honestly, I think this might become my favorite Taylor album
                                            It's def as good as 1989 without having that awful Shake it off to skip. It's such a grower.. I hated Questions but when that beat drops half way thru its irresistible.
                                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                            Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• I'm really enjoying this album
                                              Too Much Music
                                              Too Much Music @Facebook
                                              Too Much Music @Twitter
                                              Scotland Social League

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's def as good as 1989 without having that awful Shake it off to skip. It's such a grower.. I hated Questions but when that beat drops half way thru its irresistible.
                                                I don't hate hate shake it off. I just find it so overplayed. I don't remember the last time I listened to it.

Comment

• Somebody needs to tell blondie that we need Hits Different on streaming and the 3am tracks on CD/vinyl. What’s not clickin??

Comment

She really said "you wanna listen to this? Buy the CD bitch"
                                                    Rightfully so !

Comment

Working...
                                                    X