No for the single

Comment

Originally posted by Nost View Post

No for the single
        Well, well, well...

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/al...-murs-marry-me

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

I wanted to put it in the titles! It is therefore not possible to be wrong?

Comment

This is gonna flop so hard. Too bad cause i like the first two songs released so far.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Surprised it's still going to be released this Friday...I don't know what to expect, tbh. Top 10? Top 20? On Amazon, the signed vinyl is charting at #3,903 and the regular one at #24,550...CD is not charting at all. Streaming-wise it's gonna flop hard. The question is what about sales from his store - there are various variants available including an USB one and some bundles with...advent calendar
              https://store.ollymurs.com/?utm_camp...A%2F%2Ft.co%2F

Comment

He's also facing some criticisms due to the lyrics of one of the songs being Hella sexiest.

I agree this is gonna flop big time. I just don't think he has the audience anymore.
                Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

I've just read an article about the backlash, which is ridiculous, and a stretch to call it sexist. He's complaining about someone being extremely annoying when they're drunk - I feel like most of us have known someone like this, or have been like that ourselves on the odd occasion.

If there isn't much competition on release week, I think he could have a top 10 debut. Would just expect it to freefall after. He often released albums in the run up to Christmas, which I think helped massively in the past. It might have some benefit with this album too, but in the streaming era and due to him not being as popular anymore, I guess the benefit will be significant smaller.

Comment

Check his TikTok from 28/10. He showed the boxes of all the signed vinyls.

Comment

Wtf, this is out already? This has released very unceremoniously, with not a inch of single traction or success.
                      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

it's going to be a masterful flop...
                        I'm listening to that later!

Comment

Sorry for him, but he had the success period a while ago, and if he's doing it for the remaining fans nows, that's still fine. He's experienced what it's like for someone to be commercially over a while ago when one of his albums was able to debut ahead of Emeli Sandé's 2nd album although that one was the follow-up to her monster successful debut album. That was pretty much thr last time the mainstream has heard from her.

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                            Wtf, this is out already? This has released very unceremoniously, with not a inch of single traction or success.
                            What else do you expect? He advertised it on his social media for weeks, months even, with updates on pre-orders and signed merchandise. His label could do more but he has done quite a bit on TikTok and Instagram along with intimate shows and signings. The reviews aren't great which isn't going to help traction though.

He said he would bite his fingers off to sell 200,000 copies of his album so we might get that come the mid-week update.
                            Last edited by BananaNinja; Fri December 2, 2022, 12:32.

Comment

The album Is good. Shame It will be a flop.

Comment

Wait, the album is really good! Nothing groundbreaking, but I enjoy it a lot.

Comment

It’s a quiet Q4 so he could debut at #1 if he sells 25,000 based on previous weeks. I don’t know much about Leftfield and the only other strong album is Midnights. It might not flop.
                                  Last edited by BananaNinja; Fri December 2, 2022, 23:21.

Comment

I doubt it'll debut in top 10. There's absolutely no hype for this, i doubt people are even aware of this.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      I doubt it'll debut in top 10. There's absolutely no hype for this, i doubt people are even aware of this.
                                      This isn’t 2014 last week number 10 was 6500 sales…

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                        There is some hype he sold out two intimate shows and lots of people are at his HMV signing in Birmingham today. It’s a shame his Graham Norton appearance is on Friday and wasn’t yesterday but he has some other TV next week.

Comment

Are people really still checking for his music though? I heard his latest song and he's literally releasing the same songs he's always released...
                                          1 Majestic |2 Sub Focus |3 Cristoph |4 Subwoolfer |5 Rudimental

Comment

btw I've banned the duplicate accounts in this thread.
                                            1 Majestic |2 Sub Focus |3 Cristoph |4 Subwoolfer |5 Rudimental

Comment

Originally posted by Nost View Post
                                              it's going to be a masterful flop...
                                              I'm listening to that later!
                                              I like the album good titles others less, the whole is nice.

Comment

The album is generic and boring at first listen.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

It‘s #1 in the Midweek update!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X