Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fan View Post

Like Lioha said, you honestly can't compare those situations. The music world is in such a strange place at the moment that basically no-one from Ellie's era will ever score another hit single again.
    I know - B is way bigger, but Ellie used to be quite popular in UK. EL is her best single in years and it did absolutely nothing, even failed to enter official top 100. Don't know what about airplay chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioha View Post
      Do we have a release date or only the cover art?
      3rd February 2023!!

Comment

OMG yeeees!

Comment

next year? if its already done/produced, why wait so long? up to pre-order
          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

3rd February 2023!!
            Now I know it too thank you

Comment

The second single is already released (October) and the album in February? Are they planning to release ONE MORE single before February?

Comment

I'm quite excited about this era. I absolutely loved 'Halycon Days' and 'Delerium', but kind of lost interest during the 'Brightest Blue' era (although I really liked 'Flux'). This new album seems like a return to her best work. Éasy Lover' has grown on me over the past couple of weeks and I think 'Let It Die' is an instant smash. Relaly curious to hear the other songs.

Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Standard cover > deluxe cover

I'm probably getting a bundle this time. First time since I got the Chromatica bundle by Gaga.

Also I like how much effort she seems to put into this. I know she's not really successful anymore but early year release + bundles should at least give her a nice peak in the UK.

edit: DAMN so they only sell the bundles within the UK?!?!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nost View Post
                      All the previews are surprisingly really good! Literally nothing I want to skip.

Comment

The snippet of Intuition sounds particularly intriguing.
                        It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

I'm so pissed with UK... they let Meghan Trainor and Tri-Star to have a top 10 hit and they are paying DUST to Ellie? I'm so angry...

Also, she is including All by Myself with Alok and Sigala on the album???

Comment

^It’s not the UK, it’s TikTok used by UK teenagers.
                            The UK market has always embraced 35/40/50yo artists, the fact is that in the 80s/90s you could enjoy Private Dancer or I Knew You Were Waiting and nobody cared about the fact Tina or Aretha were 45, now teenagers use socials and stream consequentially… and we got Victoria’s Secrets or abcdefu at the top.
                            "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

I’m looking forward to this - I like the two singles so far
                              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

New release date: 24/3/23

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post

what a let down :/ nearly a month and a half now...

Comment

So "exciting opportunities" is the new fear of flop...

Comment

Originally posted by arab View Post
                                      So "exciting opportunities" is the new fear of flop...
                                      Totally - girl is not gonna have a hit, and if she does it’ll be a once off!
                                      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

e
                                        Originally posted by ludichris View Post

maybe she has now a huge collab for the album and that's the reason? that could be good tho...

Comment

^Yeah i thought of that too or else why delay the album release? I'm pretty sure she knows from the previous era and the first two singles of the current one that she isn't going to score a big hit anymore.
                                          And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

Bummer. The original release date would‘ve secured her a great debut in the UK for sure as it‘s not that competitive. March already is. Also been looking forward to this so much so yeah.

Comment

She confirmed that the next single is 'Like a Savior' and that it will be released very soon! The clip is already shot!

Comment

Seems a bit pointless, doubt she’ll score a hit however long she waits.

Comment

It does feel like she has lost 7 weeks of streams by delaying this but it seems the label must want a high debut and they are not confident of achieving that with the original release date. I'm sure she'd still get it based on name alone.

It does sound like her best album going by the previews.

Comment

It kind of makes sense though.

The overall uptempo and energetic sound bits we got from the snippets will probably be more suited to the beginning of spring.
                                                    It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X