Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urbanmusik
    Originally posted by Colton
    I'M **** HOWLING NOT THIS **** GIVING THIS EP A HIGHER RATING THAN TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY

i don't like kendrick lamar anyways but that just made me laugh

vroom vroom > TPAB

he actually gave To Pimp a Butterfly 10/10 though, pressed kanye fans are just trolling in the comments.
    oh smh
    ARIANA GRANDE I HILARY DUFF I ZAYN MALIK I LANA DEL REY

Comment

This EP is giving me LIFE. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed 'Sucker', but this is the Charli I fell in love with - the dark, eclectic indie mistress who plays with the dark and dirty side of pop.

'Trophy' is EVERYTHING. <3
      The alternative to the real world.

Comment

Bought Vroom Vroom

Been listening to it ever since! It's fun to play in your car!
        Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

This is ******* amazing.
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Now I need more Charli, this bish knows what's good.

Comment

It's like the perfect follow-up to True Romance. Not that I disliked Sucker, but this style suits her more and is much more interesting.

Comment

Great EP. I like every song on it. I'd rather artists release EPs like this twice a year than long, boring albums every 2,3,4 years.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Pitchfork dragged the EP and then got dragged across social media for said dragging. The writer kind of misses the point and doesn't seem like a fan of this sort of music if their prior reviewers are anything to go by.

Still loving this, Charli & SOPHIE went all out.
                  late.

Comment

I saw that review, p4k complaining that the EP is uncommercial? These nutjobs are hilarious.

Comment

"VROOM VROOM" VIDEO

WATCH

Comment

I love the video, yet again Charli has nailed the aesthetic. Charli looks like a boss, especially in the scene with the car. Wasn't expecting that final scene either, wow. She's stunning.

Loved the A.G. Cook and Hannah Diamond cameos, pretty sure I spotted QT in there as well.

Vroom Vroom is one of the best pop songs of the year, it sounds like nothing else. On one hand it's influenced by the Eurotrash most would have considered a "guilty pleasure" 5 or 10 years ago, but it's also got this massive grimy beat that most rappers would be too scared to touch. Charli's nonchalant delivery ties it all together so well.

Charli XCX @charlixcx
                        .@carlyraejepsen & @azealiabanks are chatting with me in #thecandyshop 2day on @beats1 12PM LA/ 3PM NY/ 8PM LDN <3 tune in angels <3
                        Pop's most underrated Canadian and some up-and-coming Beyoncé stan will be on Charli XCX's radio show on Beats1 in 25 minutes, tune in! If you haven't listened to it before head to iTunes and listen to earlier episodes, they're both eclectic and hilarious (plus she plays Jentina in one of the episodes pmsl).
                        late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                          Pop's most underrated Canadian and some up-and-coming Beyoncé stan will be on Charli XCX's radio show on Beats1 in 25 minutes, tune in!

Azealia has me struggling with my feelings, I want to snatch her wig, but I like the bish too much.

Comment

If B said something nice about Azealia's music in an interview she'd shouting SLAAAAY KWEEN B all over twitter. She takes collaboration rejections so personally...

Azealia dragged Charli in the past for collaborating with Igloo and now they're besties taking pictures on top of rooftops since there's been talk of a collaboration (+ I think they share the same management now).
                            late.

Comment

And the Disclosure mess? Ugh, I thought she had deleted her twitter account, will she ever learn?

Comment

OMG that video.... SLAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

The song is so cool and dope. Completely out of the box.

Comment

I wish Azealia would leak that Disclosure record, she's always talking about leaking stuff and never comes through. I swear she ends up feuding with everyone she does (& doesn't... ) work with.

This Stormzy freestyle of Vroom Vroom (3:27) from a few weeks ago is fiyaaaaah. The beginning .
                                  late.

Comment

I'm beginning to really love her.
                                    Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

You can pre-order a signed 12" vinyl which is released May 27. It's limited to 1000 copies worldwide.
                                      late.

Comment

This EP is so infectious, in your face, and cool! I hope some of these songs take off for her. I'd love to hear some played on the radio.

[youtube:3ll52uls]qfAqtFuGjWM[/youtube:3ll52uls]

Comment

When I first listened to this, my Aunt over heard the song Vroom Vroom. She asked: "What is that?? Gwen Stefani??" I told her it wasn't, obviously. But that had me thinking, well after listening to these songs. This would have been an awesome direction and sound for Gwen. Not that I dislike her new album, but this hyper, electric pop, RnB would have suited her well.

Comment

^ Gwen would have SLAYED with a song like Vroom Vroom

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                              ^ Gwen would have SLAYED with a song like Vroom Vroom
                                              It's very quark-y, and Gwen does quark-y well. Also Secret (Shh) would have been the massive "RnB with Pharrell" type song.

Regardless, I love this E.P. Maybe Charli XCX will pick up where Gwen left off? Charli seems like a promising artist.

Comment

Originally posted by YouMakeMeFeel
                                                It's very quark-y, and Gwen does quark-y well.
                                                You mean quirky, right?
                                                My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
                                                  Originally posted by YouMakeMeFeel
                                                  It's very quark-y, and Gwen does quark-y well.
                                                  You mean quirky, right?

Wow how sad.....lol! I knew I was spelling it wrong. But spell check wasn't giving me that option...I feel so stupid now....

Comment

Bless.
                                                    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X