Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom [EP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom [EP]

For Charli XCX, more is always more. In the past couple of years, the U.K. pop singer's credits have run the gamut of genre, from pop smashes with Icona Pop and Iggy Azalea, collabs with electropop legends like Giorgio Moroder and Simon Le Bon, as well as an unexpected, pum pum-patting feature with Ty Dolla $ign. XCX brings a bratty power-pop style to her collabs, where lyrics are shouted as much as sung, as if with a don’t-****-with-me lip curl.

As well as recently making a documentary about sexism in the music industry, XCX has also been working to start her own label, Vroom Vroom Recordings, which is announced today. She’ll release a new 4-track EP, Vroom Vroom, through the imprint this Friday, with the title track produced by pop producer SOPHIE. Listen to it below, alongside tracks from London-based duo RIVRS and U.K. singer Cuckoolander (both of which are coming soon on the label).
    STREAM THE TITLE TRACK VIA THE FADER

Charli XCX explained more over email about her new venture:

"Vroom Vroom Recordings is my new, experimental pop label and it will combine my love for bubblegum pop with mystery and darkness. The artists coming up through it will be sharp, potent, deadly, and ultimately, will leave their mark on pop music. RIVRS and CuckooLander are two artists who have so much intelligence, pop sensibility and potential - they know what they want and both have great vision. That inspires me and it's why I want to work with them. I've always been fascinated by shy and introverted people—something that I am mostly not—and I feel both acts are in different ways. It captivates me and sucks me in, and I think their music will do the same for others. I've worked with SOPHIE on the new EP and what we create together speaks for itself. Sometimes we get aggressive, sometimes we get beautiful; he pushes me and I push him. I'm making beautiful party songs right now and this is just the start. The album goes to other places and I can't wait for people to hear it. I feel the most creative I have in a long time and I couldn't be more excited for the next chapter."
    Excited for the EP, I was wondering how Charli was going to release her PC Music produced tracks since they're too left-field for radio from what's been heard.

Rumour has it Charli's managed to snag her idol (Paris Hilton) for the Vroom Vroom music video.
    late.

I love this track!! Very excited for the ep!! Here's also Trophy:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... p-20160223

Comment

01 Vroom Vroom
      02 Paradise (feat. Hannah Diamond)
      03 Trophy
      04 Secret (Shh)

Trophy is crazy, I love the Pulp Fiction sample. For some reason Charli's only put a 2 minute clip of Vroom Vroom up, the full song is 3:15.

The artwork is everything.
      late.

Comment

Is this really Charli on the pic in the first post?

Anyway, this EP is good. So much better than "Sucker"... but then i was never really a fan of that album, and i like that weird stuff on "Vroom Vroom".

Comment

Too excited!!!
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

this ep ******* sucks

call me when the album is out

i only use vroom and paradise
            ARIANA GRANDE I HILARY DUFF I ZAYN MALIK I LANA DEL REY

Comment

I like Paradise but the rest are meh
              *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Paradise is the worst one by far.

Vroom & Trophy are amazing.
                You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

I kinda like the songs themselves.
                  Her voice on the other hand...................

Comment

I only like Trophy from this.
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Originally posted by t_dot
                      Paradise is the worst one by far.

Vroom & Trophy are amazing.
                      Agree.

I'd say I'm not impressed at all by this EP. It feels like she's not even releasing music suited for her: she's not SOPHIE or some kind of electronic sensation, her whole persona has suddenly disappeared.
                      Lollo's Weekly Chart - 11/09/2016

Comment

Kinda enjoy this ep. Paradise is my fav at the moment. Secret is the worst
                        eas•y /?z?/

Comment

I like Vroom Vroom......
                          Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

Just listened to this! Paradise is great! Trophy is decent. The other 2 are an absolute mess!
                            #Pray4AL6

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager
                              Just listened to this! Paradise is great! Trophy is decent. The other 2 are an absolute mess!
                              Vroom Vroom is a mess indeed, but the chorus is so cacthy Secret is my least fav, and Paradise is my fav as well
                              eas•y /?z?/

Comment

Vroom Vroom is annoying. ewwww totally not here for this

Comment

Vroom beat is great, the singing is awful, completely ruins the song as a whole.
                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Lollo95
                                    It feels like she's not even releasing music suited for her: she's not SOPHIE or some kind of electronic sensation, her whole persona has suddenly disappeared.
                                    Huh? Charli is always changing her sound, she gets bored with her music when touring the album. Sure she even made a punk album between True Romance and SUCKER, plus the likes of Paradise were recorded in January 2015, so she'll be onto the next sound before you know it.

The only link between Charli's different sounds is that they are bratty and maximalist; the Vroom Vroom EP is no different.

I wish Charli had been able to get this out earlier since the tracks were recorded so long ago, but I'm enjoying the EP nevertheless.

Vroom Vroom is where you'd expect Charli's bratpop and SOPHIE's production to meet, it's hot. Paradise sounds like my childhood, I could see it on a clubland compilation 10-15 years ago. Trophy is bonkers while Secret (Shh) is brilliant, I love how dark the beat is (and for some reason it reminds me of 50 Cent's Crystal Castles aping Ayo Technology).
                                    late.

Comment

I listened to Vroom Vroom & Trophy and I like it
                                      If she's releasing a whole album with that sound then this'll be her personal Bionic. I wouldn't mind!

Comment

Bitches can't catch me... love it!!!

Comment

[youtube:3joim34v]bLmPfVNEbYM[/youtube:3joim34v]

wasn't expecting that!
                                          late.

Comment

the beginning of Vroom Vroom has the same beat as Fancy ... then it turns crap
                                            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                              [youtube:3qs48jop]bLmPfVNEbYM[/youtube:3qs48jop]

wasn't expecting that!
                                              I'M ******* HOWLING NOT THIS NIGGA GIVING THIS EP A HIGHER RATING THAN TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY

i don't like kendrick lamar anyways but that just made me laugh

vroom vroom > TPAB

Comment

I just found out SOPHIE is a dude

Comment

Originally posted by Colton
                                                  I'M **** HOWLING NOT THIS **** GIVING THIS EP A HIGHER RATING THAN TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY

i don't like kendrick lamar anyways but that just made me laugh

vroom vroom > TPAB

he actually gave To Pimp a Butterfly 10/10 though, pressed kanye fans are just trolling in the comments.
                                                  late.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X