Everything But The Girl - Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything But The Girl - Fuse

Everything But The Girl have announced that they will release their first album of new material in more than two decades next year.

The pop duo, comprised of married couple Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt, had never formally called it quits but they haven’t released a studio album since 1999’s ‘Temperamental’. They released a compilation album titled ‘The 90s Collection’ in 2008.

Thorn wrote on Twitter that the pair are back making music as Everything But The Girl. “Just thought you’d like to know that Ben and I have made a new Everything But The Girl album. It’ll be out next spring”.
    How did I miss this announcement last month?! Will be exciting to see what sound they go for 23 years on - will it be another evolution, or anything like Tracey's most recent solo stuff?

pp****!
    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I don't remember when last time I was so excited about the release.
      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Pretty phenomenal surprise, hopefully the first of many in 2023.
        1 Majestic |2 Sub Focus |3 Cristoph |4 Subwoolfer |5 Rudimental

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post

How did I miss this announcement last month?! Will be exciting to see what sound they go for 23 years on - will it be another evolution, Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox or anything like Tracey's most recent solo stuff?
          So excited for this

Comment

Album is titled: "Fuse" out April 21st, and there's a teaser in their IG that I can't post for some reason...
            Last edited by Ruthymon; Sat January 7, 2023, 17:54.

Comment

The album is called Fuse and will be released on 21st April. First single is imminent.

Tracklisting

01 Nothing Left To Lose
              02 Run A Red Light
              03 Caution To The Wind
              04 When You Mess Up
              05 Time And Time Again
              06 No One Knows We’re Dancing
              07 Lost
              08 Forever
              09 Interior Space
              10 Karaoke

Comment

Snap!

Comment

I really hope it will sound like Temperamental or their remix album Adapt or Die.

I literally can not wait to hear it in full
                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

The cover is so early 80s, love it! Can't wait for the lead single.

Comment

This is the most exciting EBTG news since No Mercy covered “Missing”!
                      1 Majestic |2 Sub Focus |3 Cristoph |4 Subwoolfer |5 Rudimental

Comment

The cover is so early 80s, love it! Can't wait for the lead single.
                        Tracey posted on Twitter today:

Ok, nearly there now! Really excited to tell you that the new Everything But The Girl single is out tomorrow - it's called "Nothing Left To Lose" and you can hear it for the first time on @laurenlaverne's show on @BBC6Music - listen in from 8.30am GMT

Comment

Originally posted by ManicKangaroo View Post
                          The album is called Fuse and will be released on 21st April. First single is imminent.

Tracklisting

01 Nothing Left To Lose
                          02 Run A Red Light
                          03 Caution To The Wind
                          04 When You Mess Up
                          05 Time And Time Again
                          06 No One Knows We’re Dancing
                          07 Lost
                          08 Forever
                          09 Interior Space
                          10 Karaoke

expected a better album cover... cannot wait for the first single!!!

Comment

Wow, it’s very current, they still have their finger right on the pulse. Reminds me of Bicep and Tracey’s voice has evolved beautifully.

Comment

I really liked this!!! Very fresh!!! Also the voices surprised me!!!

Comment

Tracey sounds so magical! Her voice is better than ever!

Indeed it sounds a bit like Bicep so I hope it will get as good respond as their music. With "legend" status of EBTG their album may be top 10 hit
                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

'Nothing Left To Lose' sounds good! I'd love for it to get the Todd Terry remix treatment.
                                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

It’s amazing that two people in their 60s have produced something both very current and harking back to their own 90s material. It’s almost a blessing they left it so long.

Comment

What a great song!
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

The new studio album is their first in over 23 years and you can preview ‘Nothing Left to Lose’ above. It will be released on CD, half-speed mastered black vinyl and coloured vinyl. There is also a limited edition CD+blu-ray two-disc set that features a Dolby Atmos Mix of Fuse. This is available to pre-order from the SDE shop using this link or by using the ‘add to cart’ button below.

Fuse is released on 21 April via Virgin/Universal Music. Interestingly, the band won’t be playing live to support this album.

off course I am late for green deluxe signed version from RT
                                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Shame no live dates!

Comment

Shame no live dates!
                                            Tracey always said she hates live shows. So I would be shocked to see them touring actually. Not that I will go to Alaska to see them live someday.
                                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Her voice has changed a lot, I swear I wouldn’t have recognized If I was listening to this by chance

That’s being said , The new single is SO good.

can’t wait to hear the full album

Comment

Great comeback single for sure

Comment

OMG

I m totally addicted: NLTL is the best thing released this year ……drop the album NOW .

Comment

Working...
                                                  X