No announcement yet.

Beyoncé - Lemonade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyonce is the boss, not the columbia. and she doesn't collaborate with them. this iswhy her single release got messy and no promotion.
    she producer her own album and related things like video. so columbia had to get permit from Beyonce to do anything.
    she choose the singles, and won't do anything to promote them. it created bad bloods between her and columbia as they can't do anything even if they want to.

when lemonade released, one of sony marketing team did interview with billboard's podcast. and about possible single released, he said, it's all up to her.

Comment

• Consequence of Sound's AOTD.
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post
        Consequence of Sound's AOTD.
        The acclaim just keeps on coming through. More than deserved.

also you're here!!
        late.

Comment

• Albom of the decade by AP. Selftitled is #3
          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• It’s #21 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

21. Beyoncé, Lemonade
            Accompanied by an intricate full-length film, Beyoncé’s Lemonade was most revelatory as an open-faced discourse on her husband’s infidelity and her own insecurity. Otherwise stylistically meandering, cycling from modernized R&B (“Hold Up,” “Sorry”) to country (“Daddy Issues”) to soulful rock (“Freedom”), the album holds up as a body of work thanks to its consistent exploration of Beyoncé’s emotional devastation, and the pairing of her trademark showiness with a captivating intimate drama. Yet perhaps the biggest surprise is that the Knowles/Carter dynasty appears healthy as ever 10 months later, and so the complex legacy of Lemonade is at once personal, commercially viable, and theatrical—a perfectly conceived and dynamic show originally disguised as a tell. Wroble
            https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #2 on Refinery29’s list of the 10 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

2. Beyoncé Lemonade (2016)

Everything Bey released this decade was top-notch or, at the very least, a landmark moment of doing something no one had ever done before. But Lemonade was head and shoulders above everything, for its longform narrative, the intensely personal story of her marriage it told, and the incredible visuals she created to go with it. In an era when singles ruled, thanks to the playlist world that streaming has pushed us all into, Bey demonstrated why the album format still matters. Her songwriters and collaborators are lifted from the worlds of hip-hop and R&B production and indie rock. They worked together to fuse distinct scenes that have been growing closer together throughout the decade. But nothing, no big name guest on the verse or low-key tribute to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, could eclipse the sense of voyeurism this album offers into the life of a superstar notorious for curating her public image. To tell an extremely personal story, process the trauma of infidelity and the process of forgiveness in public, and then turn it into a universally understandable and easily consumed pop song is a feat. To do ALL of that and layer on the voices and unique experiences of Black women is masterful. With every new release, Bey shows more depth to her expertise in creating popular art.
              https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...s-2010s-decade
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I really wonder why this album is so overrated.
                "Lift up your head
                Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                  I really wonder why this album is so overrated.
                  If you can't find the reason it might be because it's actually not.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                    If you can't find the reason it might be because it's actually not.
                    It is.
                    "Lift up your head
                    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• The idea that Lemonade is overrated is overrated.
                      late.

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                        The idea that Lemonade is overrated is overrated.
                        Pretty much

Comment

• Deserved the Grammy for Album of the year.

Comment

• It’s the best album of the decade according to PAPER Magazine.

For what felt like years, Lemonade was all we talked about. The seismic surprise drop that commanded the internet for a week, cementing Beyoncé as our most powerful culture-maker. The album's recoup of Black American history, which employed artifacts from Yoruba deities to Yeehaw to interrogate the intergenerational impact of slavery on Black families. The post-genre sound (also a history of Black America) which spans the continuum of pop, R&B, rock, country and hip-hop, including collaborators like James Black and Jack White, and samples ranging from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Father John Misty to Led Zeppelin. The Grammy loss to Adele.

The album unleashed a matrix of contradictory conversations about the author herself. Beyoncé as champion of vulnerability ("I'm not too perfect/ To ever feel this worthless"). Beyoncé as perfectionist auteur, art-directing herself crying. Beyoncé as Black revolutionary, performing at the Super Bowl in front of a sisterhood of Black Panthers. Beyoncé as Black capitalist ("Always stay gracious/ The best revenge is your paper").

Within a year, college courses dedicated to using Lemonade to study race, gender and feminism were open for enrollment. As many Lemonade essays ended: "You know you're that bitch when you 'cause all this conversation." Lemonade electrified the conversations we began the decade with. We'll be having the ones it started well into the '20s. — Jael Goldfine
                            https://www.papermag.com/paper-top-1...641630072.html

Comment

• Let the acclaim come in
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

you have bad taste, contragats
                                >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

She just really couldn't articulate the concept of this record by herself sadly, it was her PR and those songwriting camp people she hired who did the talking for her. Considering she is a veteran, I couldn't believe that she had to read her Grammy acceptance speech.

Comment

• um, what's wrong with reading an acceptance speech?!?!?! I am confusion.

Comment

• It is talking out of its ass again don't worry. There is no logic behind it as always
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Her most mature album. Brilliant productions. Lyrically astounding. I can’t fault this album to be honest.
                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Self titled is far superior.

Comment

• surely this is the year we will get new Bey.
                                            thank u, next

Comment

• I regret not buying the book. I was expecting it to get some sort of wider release...
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                                I regret not buying the book. I was expecting it to get some sort of wider release...
                                                And now they're at 2000€ on eBay ugh.
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                  And now they're at 2000€ on eBay ugh.
                                                  omg really
                                                  Forever Young

Comment

• Oh, wow... if I ever am in desperate need of money, I know what to do.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X