No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still one of her best albums to date. Just flawless. It deserved more success.
    Love you like a love song!

Comment

• It really did. Maybe if she'd gone with Slumber Party first there would've been more fire behind her during the campaign.

Great album though huge replay value and not a single bad or boring song on it.
      thank u, next

Comment

• I think this is becoming my fave record of her. It's just perfect.
        Last FM <3
        Instagram

Comment

• I miss her :(

Comment

• Happy 3rd anniversary to "Glory" , such a smooth, nice and pleasant pop record. She did great with this one.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• This is definitely in her holy trinity. I always thought it’s a nice mixture of her two best albums "Blackout" and "In the Zone" but it also had something new to it. I love that she had more creative control and you could actually hear that she had fun doing an album for the first time since "Blackout", if not even "In the Zone". Her vocals were so good on this album too. I remember being slayed by the raw vocals in "Make Me...“ when it came out, the strong vocals in "What You Need"...

The entire era slayed me. The promo was pretty good at times and she looked stunning. Whatever they did to her that year they need to do it again. The hair, the makeup, the outfits, her body! Ugh literally a new beauty peak. The "Slumber Party" video was a masterpiece.

My favorite songs are Do You Wanna Come Over?, Love Me Down, Liar, Make Me..., Mood Ring & Clumsy.
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                This is definitely in her holy trinity. I always thought it’s a nice mixture of her two best albums "Blackout" and "In the Zone" but it also had something new to it. I love that she had more creative control and you could actually hear that she had fun doing an album for the first time since "Blackout", if not even "In the Zone". Her vocals were so good on this album too. I remember being slayed by the raw vocals in "Make Me...“ when it came out, the strong vocals in "What You Need"...

The entire era slayed me. The promo was pretty good at times and she looked stunning. Whatever they did to her that year they need to do it again. The hair, the makeup, the outfits, her body! Ugh literally a new beauty peak. The "Slumber Party" video was a masterpiece.

My favorite songs are Do You Wanna Come Over?, Love Me Down, Liar, Make Me..., Mood Ring & Clumsy.
                This album was indeed a win for Britney's discography. I honestly don't see anything related to "Blackout" to it but I can see how this could be a chilled soft little sister to "In The Zone". It was a Great addition to her catalogue with the best she had sounded in more than a decade.

And hell yes, whatever she did in 2016 with her body she needs to do it again, she looked skinny, perfect hair, pretty, LOOKS.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  This is definitely in her holy trinity. I always thought it’s a nice mixture of her two best albums "Blackout" and "In the Zone" but it also had something new to it. I love that she had more creative control and you could actually hear that she had fun doing an album for the first time since "Blackout", if not even "In the Zone". Her vocals were so good on this album too. I remember being slayed by the raw vocals in "Make Me...“ when it came out, the strong vocals in "What You Need"...

I completely agree. Also you missed Private Show!

Comment

• Just in case this was her last album she ended her career with a bang with this album.
                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                      Just in case this was her last album she ended her career with a bang with this album.
                      Don't even say stuff like that and tempt fate

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                        Don't even say stuff like that and tempt fate
                        Sorry :( I just don't know if she will return to making music.
                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Such a great album indeed, I thought I would get tired of it since I played it way so much in 2016 and I was a bit bored of the album already when she toured in Manila (since I listened to all her music non stop in 2017).

I think she should take notes with the latest tour of the Backstreet Boys. Despite performing hits and non-singles from previous albums they managed to sneak in 6-7 songs from their DNA album. So many outstanding Glory tracks deserved some promo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                            Sorry :( I just don't know if she will return to making music.
                            Why so dramatic? She's just taking a few months off to get her life together. This isn't even the biggest break she's taken between albums and I'm sure she will get back in the studio next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                              Such a great album indeed, I thought I would get tired of it since I played it way so much in 2016 and I was a bit bored of the album already when she toured in Manila (since I listened to all her music non stop in 2017).

I think she should take notes with the latest tour of the Backstreet Boys. Despite performing hits and non-singles from previous albums they managed to sneak in 6-7 songs from their DNA album. So many outstanding Glory tracks deserved some promo.
                              She kinda did that already. A little too late for sure, but she included 6 songs off Glory last year.

Comment

• Lost Hit: Britney Spears’ “Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)” Should Have Been A Single

I hope we can all agree that Britney Spears’ Glory deserved so much more love than it got. The Princess of Pop pulled off an incredible feat with the release of her ninth album in 2016. Three years after diving into generic EDM beats on what was cringingly deemed her “most personal” project to date (Britney Jean), the record signified a return to creative excellence. Although it should be placing prominently on all of the decade-end lists popping up currently, it feels like something of a forgotten relic. That’s not fair. However, it’s not overly surprising due to the confusing roll-out.

The era started on a high note with the selection of “Make Me…” as lead single. After nearly two decades of launching with floor-filling bangers, the sensual mid-tempo was a breath of fresh air. Better yet, it was exactly what the public ordered based on its affirming performance on US iTunes. But things hit a “Mood Ring”-darkening snag when it came time for a music video. After that debacle (a dark time in Spearstory to say the least), it felt like B-Girl hit a wall. Even though it was paired with an excellent visual, her second single “Slumber Party” stalled on the lower rungs of the Billboard Hot 100.

Aside from proving that sometimes people really don’t have taste, it also effectively brought an end to Glory’s promotional campaign. Instead of dropping a third single, Britney jumped over drama and landed on her feet by refocusing on her remixed, reimagined and very iconic Las Vegas residency. But in doing so, she left several gems sitting on the tracklist. Sadly, some of the strongest cuts didn’t even make the standard edition. The Holy Spearit has a bad habit of hiding a treasure trove of bops on the deluxe edition of her albums. That was especially the case here.

And one of the best of the lost hits was “Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes).” Co-written by the likes of powerhouse duo Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter, the bilingual smash carries a distinctly Latin flavor. On it, Britney pleads with a lover to stop being so damn polite and take things to the sexy next level. “You don’t wanna cross the line, but I’mma make you change your mind,” she coos over a beguiling production. How do you say no to that prospect? Released before the height of “Despacito,” it’s proof that the hitmaker truly had her finger on the pulse.

And it very easily could have earned her a chart-dominating smash had it ever gotten a chance. Despite never releasing it as a single, Britney seems to know “Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)” is a fan favorite. So much so that she added it to the setlist of her Piece Of Me Tour complete with Instagram-sampled choreography in 2018. Although that’s not enough to make up for the injustice of it being hidden away from all but the most devoted stans, it’s a start. Revisit the much-loved anthem below and show it the respect it truly deserves.

https://www.idolator.com/7903742/los...ios=1&safari=1
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Truth told. It had (lead) single potential. What a wasted opportunity. It would have been a Britney classic by now.
                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Another great song by her that wasn’t worked as a hit single by the way.
                                    It shows the power of her albums.
                                    Britney is not just another pop singer.

Comment

• Very interesting video.

Comment

• Imagine if Mood Ring was the first single of Glory. The SLAYAGE.

People would embrace that sound from the get go.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                          Imagine if Mood Ring was the first single of Glory. The SLAYAGE.

People would embrace that sound from the get go.
                                          Mind boggling how that track didn't even end up on the actual album...what were they thinking?

I was thinking about revisiting Glory sometime soon. It's a very good album with such a wonderful summery vibe.
                                          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• I revisited it last week. I had it in my Top 3 Britney albums but I think I replaced 3rd position with Britney now and Glory on 4th. May end up changing it again who knows

Comment

• I still think Glory is brilliant and Mood Ring should have been the lead single.
                                              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Artists like Britney Spears put the best tracks on the deluxe edition to justify its higher price. I like 'Mood Ring' but never understood why it's that popular on here.
                                                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Mood Ring is one of the best things she's ever done.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X