No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fully am with MrLeonix here and as much as I like new Spears material, knowing what she'd want in this situation, we should oppose this release all together.
    You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
    I should walk away.
    Oh, I should walk away.
    But I think I'll stay.
    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• One of the Mood Ring remixes apparently has Selena Gomez on it. The newest rumor y’all

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yes! Britney’s lawyer said during the last court hearing to the judge that Britney won’t work, record, release new music, perform, tour or do anything related to the music business until her father gets removed from the position. If her father doesn’t get removed she will retire of the music industry. This is also filed in the documents that are public for everyone’s concern. Britney is not thinking on recording / releasing or re-releasing anything at this moment. So obviously this adds pressure to her label.

Additionally Britney also rejected last year a duet with Robbie Williams (a UK legend that Britney always admired and was a dream collab for her and that she turned down due to her “no work” promise in fight of her personal cause) this was confirmed by Robbie himself. She won’t release anything voluntarily right now. Trust me.

And yes Britney and the BSB get along but there weren’t any kind of rumors or reports that Brit and they recorded something for the Glory sessions or in any other ocassion actually.

This is pretty much a fabricated duet orchestrated by RCA records for this Re-issue.
        Okay I thought maybe this re-release was an exception to what she said, mainly because it isn't new music and she doesn't actually have to do anything to release it.

Crazy to think that her father is willing to sink her career for his own personal gain.

I'm a little skeptical that the BSB would go behind Britney's back and record vocals on one of HER songs when I'm sure they know what's going on with her. It doesn't seem like something another fellow artist would do (and it's not like they are going to be making money from this collab, it will likely just be a "for the fans" type of thing). So I'm skeptical this collab is even real. If they did collab, I imagine the BSB would want it to be a mutual thing.

I don't really think fans should boycott this release tho because in the end we are supporting one of Britney's favourite albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          I fully am with MrLeonix here and as much as I like new Spears material, knowing what she'd want in this situation, we should oppose this release all together.
          Well .. I’m not saying we should oppose to this release because RCA records has the right over her recordings and they have the right to release anything if Britney is not working.

I was just stating the obvious and describing the situation.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by ksg22 View Post
            I'm a little skeptical that the BSB would go behind Britney's back and record vocals on one of HER songs when I'm sure they know what's going on with her. It doesn't seem like something another fellow artist would do (and it's not like they are going to be making money from this collab, it will likely just be a "for the fans" type of thing). So I'm skeptical this collab is even real. If they did collab, I imagine the BSB would want it to be a mutual thing.
            Well ... there are many people in this industry that don’t have ethics or moral values and would do anything for a paycheck.

I know most artists would immediately reject a proposal like this considering Britney’s desire is VERY PUBLIC and those who care about Britney would immediately reject such practices ... however there are other artists that don’t care about this issue and would receive any paycheck a label offers to them to do the job.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncι . Rihanna

Comment

• No one is doing it like her
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I fully am with MrLeonix here and as much as I like new Spears material, knowing what she'd want in this situation, we should oppose this release all together.
                How would you have supported it seeing as you don't stream music ( according to you ) and would probably not have ordered the exclusive vinyl ?
                Last edited by InFamous; Thu November 26, 2020, 18:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  If for any reason this tragic rumor is true (which I think it might sadly be true) what I can imagine is RCA taking one of the old Glory-sessions songs and then sending it to the Backstreet Boys so they could add new vocals to it for the album’s re-issue.
                  From what I've heard, this was supposed to be released in 2017/2018 while they were both in Vegas but got ultimately scrapped. They did attend Piece of Me multiple times.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How would you have supported it seeing as you don't stream music ( according to you ) and would probably not have ordered the exclusive vinyl ?
                    There's no CD release announced? By the way, I meant 'we' as in all of us that like Spears' music.
                    I should walk away.
                    Oh, I should walk away.
                    But I think I'll stay.
                    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

There's no CD release announced? By the way, I meant 'we' as in all of us that like Spears' music.
                      Yes but I asked you specifically how you would support it.

And I think people can make their own decisions on it. Like you don't get to decide for us. Britney has supported Glory and she was very excited and happy with Mood Ring's availability on all platforms. And anyway, the exclusive fan vinyl are already sold out so it's a bit late.

Comment

• I think you already know my type of support. I buy CDs; others stream, buy merchandise, buy vinyls or get a tattoo of their favorite artist for god's sake. I rarely buy albums twice though, so this question was, I say it again, directed at the other users in this thread.
                        I should walk away.
                        Oh, I should walk away.
                        But I think I'll stay.
                        (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• First picture of the new deluxe:

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• That looks stunning

Comment

• What a bright blue! I bought the deluxe edition back in the day and if that had been the actual cover instead of the screenshot from the 'Make Me' video...
                              I should walk away.
                              Oh, I should walk away.
                              But I think I'll stay.
                              (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Looks stunning! I'm glad the album is getting the cover it deserves.

Do we have an official tracklist then?
                                thank u, next

Comment

• Yeah that cover is stunning. I really like the darker sky. It's much more striking than the one with the lighter blue sky.
                                  The photoshop fail is a mess though. The double shadow on her arm lol. But hey, this cover is infinitely better than that screenshot we originally got.
                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• "Matches" is now 100% confirmed to be on the album but whether it really is a collab (with the Backstreet Boys) is still unclear.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                      "Matches" is now 100% confirmed to be on the album but whether it really is a collab (with the Backstreet Boys) is still unclear.
                                      It is

Comment

• Nnnnn the misprint of Do You Wanna Come Over? and the disclaimer for its mistake in the bottom left corner.
                                        You can leave it up to Team Britney to **** it up.

Stunning front and back cover though!

Comment

• Wow great artwork. Not only was the original cover so bad, but it was pretty much an identical shot and facial expression as her previous two albums before that. A full body shot is much more dynamic. I don't have a record player so I hope this is used as the only spotify cover and the other two are removed. It's kind of annoying when artists' have multiple versions on their main page...looks messy and unnecessary.

This backstreet boys collab has got me a little worked up lmfao. 90s dream team.

Comment

• Not excited about the Backstreet Boys collab at all. But hey at least some new music.

Comment

Not excited about the Backstreet Boys collab at all. But hey at least some new music.
                                              Why not? Do you just not like the BSB or are you worried it's just a bad song? IMO if the song is good quality what's wrong with a nostalgic collab? It's not like it's the lead for B10...it's a Glory re-release bonus track!

Comment

• ^ Not a boy/girl group fan in general. I was also hoping that the two new songs would be solo since I want to hear more of her.

Now release CDs ffs

Comment

"Matches" is now 100% confirmed to be on the album but whether it really is a collab (with the Backstreet Boys) is still unclear.
                                                  IF you look super closely and squint at the image on insta you can make out Britney Spears Backstreet Boys after Matches!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

IF you look super closely and squint at the image on insta you can make out Britney Spears Backstreet Boys after Matches!
                                                    I know guys the back cover wasn’t posted yet when I posted that omg.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X