Clear All

• This is amongst her best work imo.
    I really wish this is not her last project
    Welcome to the underworld
    Where the love's at first sight
    The kind that we like
    Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

• Even though it happened to be a good record, I never really got back to it.

I want to listen to it again these days. It’s such a light and fluffy singer/songwriter record.
      YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        I haven't yet listened to this album but I really liked TSI.
        Was a pretty huge fan around the 'Loose' era and even went to see her live back then. I remember when the predictions for her first week sales came out for TSI and it was just.....shocking. The way she dropped off successfully/commercially was drastic.
        She waited too long after 'Loose'. People literally forgot about her when instead she could have cemented her name a bit more if she followed it up sooner.
        Honestly, that's how the music industry works. People move on too fast. It has happened to Britney and Christina that were more "consistent" and I guess it will probably happen to Ariana and more girls too. Katy Perry is experiencing it right now. Success it's only temporary.

My favorite from her are Folklore and Loose. Such good albums. And they aged pretty well too. Haven't listened to this last one yet but I remember being disappointed by "The Spirit Indestructible".
        Last edited by DoesAnybody; Wed December 25, 2019, 13:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
          Honestly, that's how the music industry works. People move on too fast. It has happened to Britney and Christina that were more "consistent" and I guess it will probably happen to Ariana and more girls too. Katy Perry is experiencing it right now. Success it's only temporary.
          It's not a necessity. At least in my country, we have got acts that have been successful for decades because they have an established and loyal fanbase. I understand what you mean though... Once a consumer stops buying a Britney or Christina album because they weren't that much of a fan of the singles or the last record, it's hard to win them back. At one point in their career, artists should invest much more energy into their recording and marketing in order to stay relevant without coming across as desperate. After all, it's a job most want to do until their age of retirement and not just for 3-5 years. But I guess that's why they get paid so much compared to other jobs... One hit album alone can already make you become a millionaire - in which other job is that possible?
          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
          and everything you stand for?
          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
            It's not a necessity. At least in my country, we have got acts that have been successful for decades because they have an established and loyal fanbase. I understand what you mean though... Once a consumer stops buying a Britney or Christina album because they weren't that much of a fan of the singles or the last record, it's hard to win them back. At one point in their career, artists should invest much more energy into their recording and marketing in order to stay relevant without coming across as desperate. After all, it's a job most want to do until their age of retirement and not just for 3-5 years. But I guess that's why they get paid so much compared to other jobs... One hit album alone can already make you become a millionaire - in which other job is that possible?

Comment

• This was a good album! Really enjoyed it.

Comment

• I was just thinking about this album. Love Nelly. While I think it’s a shame she’s not selling like she did in the Loose days, there’s a part of me that’s kind of glad... it’s almost like her output now is that but more personal (and doesn’t run the risk of being played into the ground). She’s 100% in control and you feel that. Pipe Dreams is one of my favourite songs of hers. I look forward to when she pops up again next.

Comment

• Sorry to bust your dreams but my last info is that she retired, erased all of her social media accounts and is kind of undercover now.

Although I would love another album like the ride or TSI from her.
                  Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• I think she won't be back again.

It's quite sad because she did a amazing work with TR and TSI. And Hadron Collider is her best featuring ever.
                    I know how I feel when I'm around you, I don't know

Comment

• I thought she would maybe release another album next year?
                      Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

• The recent posts in this thread made me listen to The Ride album for the first time.

Wow, I am really loving it! I will be streaming this just like it is a new album as its now new for me!

I was a huge Nelly fan during her first 3 albums and then dropped off (like many people) by the time The Ride came out.

So impressed with this album! Hopefully she will come back and release something new at some point.

Sounds weird but I am listing to The Ride along with Harry Styles new album and some how they sound well together

Comment

• I miss her :( <3

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                            I miss her :( <3
                            Me too. Been thinking about her lately
                            BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                            YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• I have not listening to this album but she really delivered with her first three albums!!!
                              She fed us with her sophomore. She really played a role in creating memorable music. SI constantly plays on the radio worldwide.
                              I do miss her!
                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• theMathematician
                                theMathematician commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Not too sure about 'Whoa, Nelly!', but totally agreed on 'Folklore' and 'Loose'.

• Oh yes! I miss Nelly's music too! I hope she comes back soon!
                              And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Yeah, she vanished from social media. Deleted all her tweets. I think she is living reclusively now.
                                “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• She attended an event in Canada, I guess she is not completely retired after all!

“B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Not related to music, going to an event doesn't mean anything, lol. She just vanished from all her social media. She is pretty much gone, at least for now, which it's sad.

Comment

• It is sad, but she made her cash with the 'Loose' era and doesn't feel inspired enough to continue releasing albums. She could continue as a singer Debbie Gibson-style and mostly focus on the remaining hardcore fans, but I guess music in general is not her priority anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                      X