Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Tong - Classic House/Ibiza Classics/Chilled Classics

[youtube:62qw3xbr]EsfIcvwc3tc[/youtube:62qw3xbr]

Hot on the heels of Mike Pickering & Graeme Park's successful Hacienda Classical album, Pete Tong releases his orchestral take on dance classics with Katy B, Ella Eyre and John Newman providing vocals.

1. Right Here Right Now
    2. Pjanoo
    3. Lola's Theme feat. Cookie
    4. Children
    5. 9pm (Till I Come)
    6. Go
    7. Your Love feat. Jamie Principle
    8. Good Life feat. Katy B
    9. Belfast
    10. Smokebelch II
    11. Where Love Lives
    12. Rachel's Song
    13. Porcelain
    14. Waiting All Night feat. Ella Eyre
    15. Insomnia
    16. Medley (Strings of Life, Knights of the Jaguar, Nightmare, Café Del Mar)
    17. Feel The Love feat. John Newman
    1 Victoria|2 Destiny |3 Vasil |4 Little Big|5 The Mamas |

will be streaming this for sure, shame its not available on vinyl :x
    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

you can stream it here:

http://www.be-at.tv/4iAIAA

damn, fantastic gig!
      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Katy B on Good Life is such a good call, it's like a brand new track but still keeps all that nostalgic magic from the original.

Comment

[youtube:22q944l6]bJHw2d4GNgM[/youtube:22q944l6]

Graham Norton performance (around 50th minute) help this album to reach #1 on UK iTunes. Fingers crossed for top 10 this week
          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

This is being released on 1st December as a follow-up and to support his new tour.

A fantastic version of Sing It Back featuring Becky Hill has been released to Spotify today!

1. Clubbed To Death - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley
            2. Galvanize - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Rejjie Snow
            3. Body Language - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, RAYE
            4. Killer - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Seal
            5. Sing It Back - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Becky Hill
            6. You Don't Know Me - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Craig David
            7. Running / Finally - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Jessie Ware
            8. Unfinished Sympathy - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Sam Hernshaw
            9. Rej / Man With The Red Face / Yeke Yeke - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Sherifa Gunu
            10. La Ritournelle - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Will Heard
            11. Promised Land - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Disciples
            12. Grey - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley
            13. Out Of Space - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Assassin
            14. One - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley
            15. You Got The Love - Pete Tong, The Heritage Orchestra, Jules Buckley, Candi Staton

Comment

Well this is interesting project, but it was all before with UnClubbed project, which for me is far far better in terms of the quality of new versions of the classics. In other words, UnClubbed versions are much more interesting than this. My fav would be probably:

[youtube:2kjtojuq]lZs32uKB9c8[/youtube:2kjtojuq]
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

[youtube:g5q3fsvf]vMMTERGiOTo[/youtube:g5q3fsvf]

This version of Sing It Back is SO good! A different atmosphere to the one we know and love, plus Becky's vocal being clearer than Roisin's has correct a few misheard lyrics for me after all these years

Comment

[youtube:y3b5c9os]AKQxoKSc6HQ[/youtube:y3b5c9os]

And a faithful update from Disciples of Promised Land, one of the best and most iconic Chicago house tunes.

Comment

Surprisingly, Pete, the orchestra and Becky opened the X Factor final! Becky sounded awesome.

Comment

It's already the final?

Comment

Re: Pete Tong - Classic House/Ibiza Classics

Not as good as I hoped it would be
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Another album has been released this week, Chilled Classics.

Some of it is a bit copy and paste but there’s some really nice versions of classics such as 7 Seconds and Sweet Harmony, with Grace Carter and Nina Nesbitt respectively. Sinead Harnett also sounds lush on The Cure And The Cause. Moss Kena does a great stab at Show Me Love, but I’m not sure we needed another version.

Some of the instrumentals, such as Offshore, are amongst the more interesting tracks.

Comment

Working...
                          X