Harry Styles - Harry Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harry Styles | Harry Styles

^As much as I like Harry's work, if the lead single from his second album flops [which is very much possible] then he is done.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
      ^As much as I like Harry's work, if the lead single from his second album flops [which is very much possible] then he is done.
      Depends, Harry already is gearing up for his 2nd tour leg, and this era is not done yet, I think even even if he doesn't set the charts on fire with singles, he probably Will have shaped a fanbase big enough to buy his albums and sell out tours. The kind of music he makes isn't 'hot' or 'populair' by any means, so I don't think anyone should expect him to even get big hit singles and if things would catch on, that would only be a great extra.

Comment

^But still charts do matter in how the press treats an act, how radios (and Spotify) playlist his music, what sort of TV appearances he is going to make during the all-important promotion season.
        Because in a heartbeat he may become another Mark Owen and wait for his own Celebrity Big Brother appearance to get a tiny boost.

Comment

^But still charts do matter in how the press treats an act, how radios (and Spotify) playlist his music, what sort of TV appearances he is going to make during the all-important promotion season.
          Because in a heartbeat he may become another Mark Owen and wait for his own Celebrity Big Brother appearance to get a tiny boost.

I really don’t see that happening - for a start, the album topped multiple charts around the world, and he seems to be a lot bigger in the US than in the UK. His biggest mission with this album was to make himself a viable artist away from 1D and I think he’s achieved that. As long as he can release another brilliant song as a lead single for his second album, he’ll be fine - and always has 1D to fall back on.
          M08T10

Comment

• Okay, we'll see but I just hope he won't pander and cave in to the music biz executives and go uber sugary pop/electro R&B on us with his next album

Comment

Okay, we'll see but I just hope he won't pander and cave in to the music biz executives and go uber sugary pop/electro R&B on us with his next album

I Doubt it, since he is his own label ceo. His music is released through his own indie label, licensed through Columbia, so he doesn't have pressure of a record CEO to follow a certain direction or sound.

Comment

• Harry is currently performing new songs 'Medicine' and 'Anna' on tour, I wonder if he will re-release the album or is already prepping for a 2nd record
                [tweet:eytggfot]https://twitter.com/TheHarryNews/status/972941425263472641[/tweet:eytggfot]

Comment

• He has enough money from his OD days to release great music and not focus on chart success.
                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky
                    He has enough money from his OD days to release great music and not focus on chart success.
                    Forever Young

Comment

• [tweet:h4quid38]https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/995358639698432000[/tweet:h4quid38]

Still like it.
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

Still an awesome album

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
                          Still an awesome album

Yup. Short and sweet. Hopefully he’ll have a follow up out before the end of the year.
                          M08T10

Comment

• Comment

• That record looks amazing omg.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                He is tricky because his look could carry him into a 3rd era if the 2nd one flops
                                Forever Young

Comment

• But Sign Of The Times is the greatest song of the decade.
                                  1 Sigma|2 Jack Wins |3 The Killersl |4 Victoria|5 Destiny |

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                    But Sign Of The Times is the greatest song of the decade.
                                    one of not the though ha
                                    Forever Young

Comment

• I’m really surprised he didn’t basically do an instant follow up. Listened to his album yesterday and it’s still a solid effort.
                                      M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                        I’m really surprised he didn’t basically do an instant follow up. Listened to his album yesterday and it’s still a solid effort.
                                        It really suprised me, especially since he performed two new songs on his tour

Comment

Working...
                                        X