• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremySpears
    replied
    It’s #36 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

36. HAIM, Something to Tell You
    It may seem like a low bar to clear, but when was the last time a pop-rock album managed to keep the tempos upbeat, the percussion driving, and the melodies memorable for over 30 minutes? Haim’s second album, Something to Tell You, manages the feat. Move its pristine opening sequence to the late 1970s or early 1980s and watch it compete convincingly with the Pretenders’s go-for-broke debut, or 1975’s Fleetwood Mac, or even Blondie’s Parallel Lines. But HAIM’s album came out in 2017, a time in which pop albums aren’t especially known for brevity, so the group tack on an extra few tracks, including a soberingly self-satisfied lead single, and a cavernous hymnal of a coda—both lovely but decidedly slower. Thankfully, the level of craft never wavers: With an amount of help that shouldn’t be too overstated from producer Ariel Rechtshaid, the Haim sisters have come up with a well-tooled sound, one that’s immaculate and immediate, chockfull of vintage keyboard patches, slap bass, and Linn drum—and that uses all of its affects in service of the songs. Mac
    https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Re: HAIM - Something To Tell You

I've got tired of the album so quickly

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    [youtubemu7688z]NMMeVNm9des[/youtubemu7688z]

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    [youtube:pk9whobm]-AHbUIVOXUk[/youtube:pk9whobm]

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    Found It In Silence and Nothing's Wrong are sensational tracks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    [youtube:1tqcfdie]Jc2x5aHCs6g[/youtube:1tqcfdie]

Leave a comment:

• DropzoneRecords
    replied
    Love these girls music! Very professional. Composing levels! :evil:

Leave a comment:

• DropzoneRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by cristy
    Haim and Foster The People on the same day! My body is not ready.
    :evil:

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    This album is so good, I can't stop playing it!

Leave a comment:

• nas
    replied
    It's a good album but I just miss the more rock sounds of their debut because 'Let Me Go' is one of my favourite songs by them. Haim are really starting to sound like Fleetwood Mac now on tracks 'You Never Knew' and 'Nothing's Wrong' which are also my favourites on the album along with Right Now. The only song I'm not feeling at all is Ready for You.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    The songs are to repetitive. I've given up after track 4.

Leave a comment:

• urbanmusik
    replied
    Was a bit disappointed with the album on first listen, but I've listened to it a few times now and it's growing on me. Don't think I'll love it as much as they're debut (which I was disappointed with at first because I'd heard most of the tracks before release), but I'll definitely enjoy spending time listening to it.

Want You Back and Right Now are great pre-album tracks, the latter has so much feeling. Something to Tell You, You Never Knew, Found It in Silence (those strings!) and Walking Away are my initial favourite album cuts. Could tell Dev Hynes was involved in You Never Knew from the second I heard it, he has such a distinct sound, I love it. The R&B groove of Walking Away is a nice sound for the band.

Leave a comment:

• LJC123
    replied
    I'm loving every track! Getting Fleetwood Mac vibes

Nothing's Wrong <3 You Never Knew <3

Such a feel good album.

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    It's a nice album, nothing outstanding

Leave a comment:

• JimJim
    replied
    I'm liking the new tracks, I thought a lot of the songs on their debut (except 'The Wire') had annoying melodies.

'Little of Your Love' must set some sort of record though for repeating the same sentence over and over

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied
    Will give this a listen soon!

Leave a comment:

• JakeP
    replied
    Still think Want your love is ok but nothing amazing but i'm enjoying the new grat single Little of your love a lot more. It's more reminiscent of their debut album.

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    I'm sort of wanting something more from them but the new songs are quite good nonetheless but not a patch on the debut tracks

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Their new songs are so bland.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    SLAAAAAY QUEENS!!! I live for ESTE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    [youtube:5byh41ke]yPQfcG-eimk[/youtube:5byh41ke]

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    These girls are SUMMER.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    [youtube:33bbdwah]svgkBA2GEFk[/youtube:33bbdwah]

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Top Songs of the Month 01. HAIM – “WANT YOU BACK”

Out of all the recent acts and bands heading into their sophomore album, nobody has a more daunting task than HAIM. With 2013’s Days Are Gone, the three sisters were showcasing songs they had worked on for years, and most of them were fan favorites long before any fan ever hit “play” on the album. With Something to Tell You, however, the trio’s highly anticipated follow-up, they truly started from scratch, and it’s been something of an evolution. Last year, they road tested early versions of “Nothing’s Wrong” and “Little of Your Love” to critical success, but a song like “Want You Back” feels like a proper return. Or at least, the type of song you want to release when you’re riding the kind of hype that HAIM have been surfing. In some ways, it’s a bridge between the past and where they’re at now, capitalizing on the three-part harmonies that made songs like “The Wire” so insatiable while also swimming in the kind of ultra-shiny production that suggests bigger things. It’s appropriate, then, that it opens the new album, as if to say, “Hello again. Things have changed a little.” Maybe for the better. –Michael Roffman

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/05/ ... future/11/

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy
    Originally posted by Hugo
    Finally the studio version
    Technically both are studio. One is live, the other is the final album mix
    I guess, but the first one was live with no editing, so it's live despite being filmed in a studio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X