X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy

TRACKLIST
    01 Foreword (feat. Rex Orange County)
    02 Where This Flower Blooms (feat. Frank Ocean)
    03 Sometimes...
    04 See You Again (feat. Kali Uchis)
    05 Who Dat Boy (feat. A$AP Rocky)
    06 Pothole (feat. Jaden Smith)
    07 Garden Shed (feat. Estelle)
    08 Boredom (feat. Rex Orange County & Anna of the North)
    09 I Ain't Got Time!
    10 911 / Mr. Lonely (feat. Frank Ocean & Steve Lacy)
    11 Droppin' Seeds (feat. Lil Wayne)
    12 November
    13 Glitter
    14 Enjoy Right Now, Today

Didn't think there'd be much interest in this, but maybe there is and I'm finally not too lazy to post a topic.

I've liked some of Tyler's music before, but this is his first album that seems like a fully realised body of work. He's stepped up his game so much and managed to create a world that feels seamless despite a vast array of different features.

This album is strangely introspective and beautiful while retaining the eccentricities that make Tyler Tyler.

[youtube:3uax21yp]FUXX55WqYZs[/youtube:3uax21yp]
    late.

Love this album. The production is out of this world. And the Kali Uchis feature makes me wet.
    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I'm impressed with this.
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

"911 / Mr. Lonely" is the single brothers' anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover
          I'm impressed with this.
          Forever Young

Comment

I loved it on the first listen. Just about to give it second spin.
            Pleasure over matter.

Comment

It’s #94 on Slant Magazine‘s list of the 100 Best Album of the 2010‘s:

94. Tyler, the Creator, Flower Boy
              Tyler, the Creator’s obvious talent has always been undercut by an insistent immaturity, with callow, prankish antagonism proving a continued obstacle to his artistic development. With Flower Boy, rap’s resident enfant terrible has finally found a way to channel his hostility, on an album that still retains his inherent unruliness and intensity. Tyler taps into the internal reservoir of insecurity and doubt motivating his anger, expanding his range and revealing new creative layers in the process. Building on the glimmers of tuneful sweetness found on 2015’s Cherry Bomb, the album finds existing horrorcore inclinations mixing freely with polished electro jazz, hard-edged psychedelia, and hazy R&B. Surprisingly smooth but still never easily digestible, its diverse palette provides insight into the wide variety of sources influencing a mounting wave of paradigm-fracturing rappers, helping to spearhead the genre’s fervent push into new modes of expression. Cataldo
              https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
              X