• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm, this one really works for me in a video:

[youtube:3acl1y0x]6VrqR_GfvzE[/youtube:3acl1y0x]

Comment

• Re: Björk - Utopia

I have just received Utopia (as well as Arca's self-titled) as a Xmas gift from my boyfriend <3

I'm so happy! The cover looks so good on the physical album.

Comment

She's coming to Croatia this summer! Can't wait to see her <3
        When we lose what we love
        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
          Björk's music is so taxing to listen to, I can't see how anyone would find enjoyment in it!
          Her sound now is an evolution of her previous, commercially-viable songs of 90s. She's very conceptual, and I think it's easier to get into it when you've known and listened to her for a while. My entry point was Oceania, and then I got myself a copy of Vespertine and the rest was history.

I have yet to listen to the album in full because I feel slightly overwhelmed by the depth and scale of her vision, but now I am up to Body Memory. Listening to Utopia is like an intensely personal experience I cannot afford to have during work or around family and partners.
          Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
          Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vindrag
            I haven't commented yet because I am beyond words. Time will tell, but at the moment...

Utopia is Björks best album!
            I've never heard anything like it before.
            I couldn't really deal with the album when it came out. Too much stress around Christmas and stuff. Now here I am, listening to it and I have to agree, her best yet.
            Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• Her best album ever? Guys, you cannot be serious.
              vulnicura.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonelyDreamer
                Her best album ever? Guys, you cannot be serious.
                last.fm

Comment

I would rank it very high in my favourite Björk albums.

Comment

I've had the album since I got the vinyl for Christmas, but sadly have yet to get the time to fully immerse myself into it... so much had gone on in my life lately as well as so many other albums I got prior to it that I want to get to first (usually
                    I devote an entire week to constantly listening to an album) but I do plan to finally get around to digging deep into it in the coming months. Bjork's always an artist that you have to devote your undivided attention to, it took me about 4-5 months to fully absorb Vulnicura, but when it did, it hooked and reeled me in.
                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• I have just bought tickets for her concert in Rome, I'm so happy

The location is just amazing

Comment

• S U R V I V O R
                        last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel
                          She's coming to Croatia this summer! Can't wait to see her <3
                          Cancelled. http://music-box.hr/2018/02/05/otkazan- ... hrvatskoj/

"Unfortunately, because of the circumstances the artist could not influence, the concert originally planned for this summer had to be canceled for this year. We are very pleased with your incredible response and we will do everything in our power to make Björk perform in Croatia at some other time, "says the mail we received as one of the interested buyers of concert tickets in Pula Arena.

Comment

:( :( :( :( :(
                            Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                            Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Quite a shame. :/

Hopefully she will add some more dates. She can be very picky.

Comment

I am so late to the party but I have been so backed up that I have a whole log of albums from the past six months I bought but not quite gotten the chance to immerse myself into, so I finally delved into this album today. I agree with those who say it's not as concise a concept album as we're used to from her, and it also drags a little too long, but I'd say if you trimmed the fat from the album (about 15 mins or so), it'd be a more easy album to devour. But I do love that after an album of darkness this is the reverse, an album of light.
                                My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• it is time to show you another song visualised by the overwhelmingly talented Tobias Gremmler ..... noone captures digital sensuality like him , elegant and expressive !!!! this is made for the multiple screens of cornucopia and we share it all here on 1 for your laptop screen ... we based the visuals on the conversations between our inner optimist and pessimist , when i recorded this i tried to sing in a deeper tone for one of them in the left speaker and a higher optimist in the right . and if you listen on headphones it will match the imagery .....
                                    >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                                      Queen of visuals but it’s time to move on ma
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• nice gift! I didn't think we were gonna get more vids from Utopia

Comment

• 'Losss' is my favorite song from the album. Glad it got a visual!
                                          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• She is now selling a boxset including several flutes that imitate birds. And it’s only $ 500. 2011 flashbacks.

Why the sudden urge to get sales?
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Try £500.00 not $.

Anyway, that boxset does look great. She really knows how to do something unique with her boxsets.
                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Try £500.00 not $.

Anyway, that boxset does look great. She really knows how to do something unique with her boxsets.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• It’s #59 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

59. Björk, Utopia
                                                  Following her emotionally devastating 2015 breakup album, Vulnicura, Björk returns to bliss with the majestic Utopia. Stretching past the 70-minute mark, this sprawling album offers a sensory experience adorned with flutes and harps and propelled into sublime rapture by the Icelandic singer-songwriter’s intimate, otherworldly vocal in songs that appear alien at first blush but upon repeated listens convey profound truths that seem plucked from a collective field of consciousness. “Blissing Me” finds Björk reveling in the thrill of infatuation, describing a new lover as someone whom she kisses with her “whole mouth,” even as she maintains enough self-awareness to wonder, “Did I just fall in love with love?” And yet, in her euphoria, she doesn’t completely abandon the darker side of romance. The painful breakup—from husband Matthew Barney—that informed Vulnicura, manifests again on “Sue Me,” where she insists that no amount of legal wrangling and melodramatic discord should come before their daughter, a sentiment echoed on “Tabula Rasa,” in which she demands children break free from the “****ups of the fathers,” a prescient notion for an era that’s at last reckoning with toxic masculinity. Goller
                                                  https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/

Comment

Working...
                                                  X