Meghan Trainor - Treat Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meghan Trainor - Treat Myself

I'm hoping she comes back with something more urban leaning which becomes a hit for her and she can launch her album off of that.

Also, i agree with JimJim. I think that is my main issue with her music lately, it's very ok and pretty repetitive.
    One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
      Originally posted by Jammy2
      All The Ways is a jam.
      Yes, love it.
      Me too! This could end up as a favourite album of mine from this year

Comment

This got delayed until January, then it was rumoured to have been delayed to February. Now the pre-order has been cancelled, I guess Meghan decided to treat the consumers instead.
        late.

Comment

She should have put the released songs on an EP, add one or two leftovers before the holidays started and started over completely in 2019.

Comment

Wait...so this never came out?
            Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
              Wait...so this never came out?
              And never will
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Such a shame it wasn't released.
                It had some of my most played songs of the year.

Especially All The Ways.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

even tho most of her music is shit, i always rooted for her because she seemed like a nice person, so it's a shame her career took such a downfall.
                  no remains one of the best bops of the decade tho.

Comment

Well
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I thought she already released those love songs on The Love Train EP.
                      So there are more? Or does she mean she wanted other kind of songs on the album too?

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

So the album will finally be released on January 31, 2020. She herself just confirmed it on several social media accounts.

New album cover:
                          Last edited by SilentDream; Wed November 6th, 2019, 15:39.

Comment

Much (!) better album cover and thank god she still releases this. January is usually a quiet time for new releases, but there are already Louis Tomlinson & Hayley Kiyoko who release their albums on the same day so I hope there won't be a lot more and Meghan can still get a nice peak.

With that said, I'm still bitter "Wave" did absolutely nothing.

Oh, and did someone else notice how all of her albums/EPs start with a T?

Title
                            Thank You
                            The Love Train
                            Treat Myself

Comment

The album is already out for pre-orders.

It will contain 15 songs, including the singles "Wave" (opening song), "Working On It" (with Lennon Stella & Sasha Sloan, track #5) and "No Excuses" (track #14).

Can a mod change this topic to the Albums section please? @trebor @cheapthrills

//

Done!

Comment

The new cover is MILES better
                                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

I don't like the cover, but better than 1st one.
                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

I‘m happy that she’s finally releasing it. "Waves" is her best song in a long time. I wish "Can‘t Dance" would’ve been on the album though.

I‘m also so glad that she changed that terrible album cover. This one is beautiful.

Comment

I think the album cover is OK and would've looked better if the cameraman stood a meter further in the back ;) . I've never been a huge fan of her music, but I feel like her first two albums had a concept, a vision (first album: pop/soul, second album: R&B early 00s style), while this one, so far, seems to me like a collection of songs... Hopefully she'll have better to offer with the remaining songs from that album.
                                      WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

Omg, she unscrapped the album!

The album cover is much much better now

Shame Let You Be Right isn’t on the album after all
                                        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          It will contain 15 songs, including the singles "Wave" (opening song), "Working On It" (with Lennon Stella & Sasha Sloan, track #5) and "No Excuses" (track #14).
                                          Love “Waves”, but I’m surprised she included it - it just sounds so different to “No Excuses” and basically everything she released during the initial TM-era. It’ll be interesting to hear how it will fit into the whole album.

“Let You Be Right”, “Treat Myself” and “Genetics” deserved a place on the tracklist much more than “No Excuses”, imo.

Comment

This must be like the first time a known artist is releasing an album that got delayed (or basically scrapped) for so long!

Anyways, even though I love the cover, I agree that it could have been shot a little bit further away.

I'm also surprised why she leaves out so many other singles. But I guess they don't fit the final product anymore. Despite that, I love "Wave", the new song is great and "No Excuses" is still a bop, so this could end up as her strongest album to date for me. Very excited for this!

Comment

Do you know the full tracklist?

This must be like the first time a known artist is releasing an album that got delayed (or basically scrapped) for so long!
                                              We don't know for sure though. She could have kept the title, but maybe the tracklist has changed competely making it a different album than the album she would have released earlier.

Comment

There were enough great tracks released already for a new album.
                                                My most scrobbled Meghan songs:

01. Hey DJ (with CNCO)
                                                02. All The Ways
                                                03. After You
                                                04. I'm Down
                                                05. Good Mornin' (feat. Gary Trainor)
                                                06. Goosebumps
                                                07. Good To Be Alive
                                                08. Let You Be Right
                                                09. Run Like The River
                                                10. All About That Bass
                                                11. Badass Woman
                                                12. Treat Myself
                                                13. Foolish
                                                14. Dear Future Husband
                                                15. I Won't Let You Down
                                                16. No Excuses
                                                17. Marry Me
                                                18. Lips Are Movin'
                                                19. GENETICS
                                                20. Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Wave (feat. Mike Sabath) will probably enter my Top 20 next week.
                                                Last edited by RayRay; Wed November 6th, 2019, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                  There were enough great tracks released already for a new album.
                                                  Agreed! She could've released a solid album already with all the tracks we've heard so far.

I'm so happy we're finally getting this album though.... the new cover is GORGEOUS, I love it. SO happy No Excuses is included (one of my fave songs from her) but I'd love to have Genetics on there too, that songs is awesome

Comment

The new cover is much better

Comment

Working...
                                                    X