No announcement yet.

Meghan Trainor - Treat Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being on the Voice is useless, the majority of people who watch that show don’t buy music, let alone actively listen to any new music.

Comment

• Wished the album did better. Meghan is one of my most played artists of 2019.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
        This debuted at #41 in UK... poor girl she is flopping quite hard elsewhere too.
        Where did she debut in the US?

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post

Where did she debut in the US?
          #25 with 23.8k units.
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• ^^Thanks!

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Her best album to date IMO.

01. Wave: Great song. 8/10

02. Nice To Meet Ya: It's okay, but Nicki Minaj ruins the song for me. 5/10

03. Funk: Skip. 4/10

04. Babygirl: Skip. 4/10

05. Workin' On It: Love this one. 8/10

06. Ashes: Okay, but not special. 6/10

07. Lie To Me: Have to listen to it more often, before I give my opinion.

08. Here To Stay: Have to listen to it more often, before I give my opinion.

09. Blink. This is a fun song. Love it. 8/10

10. Genetics: The solo version is one of my all time favorite Meghan Trainor songs. The Pussycat Dolls don't do anything for me on this song. Solo 10/10 Feat. PCD 7/10

11. Evil Twin: This is so much fun. Love the lyrics and it is so catchy! 9/10

12. After You: Like Genetics, I prefer the solo version. But maybe that's because I have listened to the solo versions so often, it's a bit weird to now hear the new versions. Solo 8/10 Duet 7/10

13. Another Opinion: Have to listen to it more often, before I give my opinion.

14. No Excuses: I like this one. 8/10

15. Have You Now: Have to listen to it more often before I give my opinion.

16. All The Ways: Can't believe it's just a bonus track. Love it!!! 9/10

17. Treat Myself: I like it and I think it should have been on the main version as well. Why keep the title track as a bonus? Makes no sense to me. 8/10

Comment

• By the way this has a Metacritic score of 51 based on 4 reviews.
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Survivor for "Treat Myself" just started - please join if you'd like to

Comment

• So...first you delay your album because you want to record more songs, then you finally release it saying that it’s perfect now and now there’s a deluxe coming?

Anyway, I hope the new songs will improve the album for me and I hope that there will be more songs like "Wave" and less songs like "Evil Twin".

Comment

• Looking forward to this re-release plus I also really like that cover!

Comment

• Honestly this is pretty nice album overall, so I am here for more. Make You Dance is cute after the first listen for me

Comment

• Great to hear a deluxe album is coming. Love to hear more in the vein of Evil Twin. So happy Evil Twin won the survivor here.

Comment

• Well, maybe it's a 'Hands All Over'-esque scenario...
                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                              and everything you stand for?
                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                              just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• First of all, quite a weird choice considering the album flopped commercially and critically, but I guess she (and her fans?) loves it so that's what counts.

And second and most of all, a re-release and she STILL doesn't include Let You Be Right, one of her best bops?

I generally enjoyed the stuff I heard from this album, it honestly sounds better than a lot of popular music these days, so it's a shame it flopped that hard.
                                last.fm

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/CCojD-zHshC/
                                  3 new songs and 2 acoustic songs.
                                  Last edited by GypsyHeart; Wed July 15, 2020, 15:18.
                                  Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

• Ugh, what a disappointing tracklist for the deluxe version :(

Comment

• Originally posted by GypsyHeart View Post
                                      https://www.instagram.com/p/CCojD-zHshC/
                                      3 new songs and 2 acoustic songs.
                                      Looking forward to the new songs.

Comment

• I think people need to understand that even though charts indicate a 'commercial' flop, streams can actually lead to decent results and certifications in the end, so a re-release was smart on their end.

Comment

• Oooh totally forgot that this is out today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                            I think people need to understand that even though charts indicate a 'commercial' flop, streams can actually lead to decent results and certifications in the end, so a re-release was smart on their end.
                                            Not to forget that a re-release can help a previous flop to get some more mainstream attention than an album which has already been a hit on its own.
                                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                            and everything you stand for?
                                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Not to forget that a re-release can help a previous flop to get some more mainstream attention than an album which has already been a hit on its own.
                                              Agreed

Comment

• Just listened to the deluxe. The three new songs are all good (a bit generic maybe) but they are definitely better than Babygirl, Blink etc. and especially better than the terrible Evil Twin. "You Don’t Know Me" is probably my favorite from the new tracks.

Comment

• She needs to find a different team of producers to give her different sound, she is so talented and somehow makes bland music
                                                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Make You Dance is good but Underwater is my favourite of the new tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X