Rita Ora - Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nekoocz View Post
    As much as I like her, that stream number was hyped by all the singles released prior to the album ... the album missed top 10 in UK

It wasnt a flop, but not success either
    But does missing a top 10 position really mean something is underperforming though? If anything the streaming era is basically all about longtivity. And the overall stream count is what actually means something in the end. It's just that chartsystems put to much focus on weekly #s that the mindset overall is still oldfashioned and about the first week peak position. There are enough top 10 albums that couldn't even span a proper top 10 singles in markets because of streaming aswell the past few years in various markets, just like there are albums with a plenty share of top 10 hits high on streaming that didn't hit the top 10 as album.

Comment

• Yeah it missed the Top10 but it also never left the Top50 so far in its 27-weeks-chartrun. So it definitely was a good success all things considered.

Comment

• Bionic hit #1 but was a flop, Girls Aloud's Chemistry missed the top 10 but was very successful. Chart positions are not as important as sales IMO
        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• 2 billion streams is mega success. Doesn't matter if they are not counted because many of them happened before album release. She is serving longevity even now. If her label lets her release the album sooner next era she will easily go plat.
          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• When the album came out last year, it was shortly after a break-up and I had to sort myself. I didn't really check out the album tracks, although I was massive fan of "Anywhere" and "For You" and really liked "Your Song", too.

Since I adore "Ritual", I stumbled over the record again and just fell in love with "New Look" immediately!

Checking out the other songs now.

Regarding the success discussion: The "project" (rather than the album) was a huge success. In the streaming era, "single" artists shouldn't drop the album too early. It is way more easier these days to make "new songs" a success rather than releasing an album and then trying to grow single 3, 4, 5 etc. when they are known already. For example, Spotify never adds released music to their New Music Friday playlists.

IMHO her label was very smart by releasing the album at the end of the era. Of course, labels should always try to make the most out of the songs, so they tried it with "Only Want You" and the remix, but when it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Dua Lipa was on a roll with "IDGAF", but let's not forget she also released multiple songs beforehand and the album got delayed even after the announcement of the pre-order.

I think Rita's label played the "project" very well.
            2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• "Falling To Pieces" is amazing!

These ones are okay, but I find them either fillerish or they are not my cup of tea:
              First Time High
              Hell Of A Life
              Velvet Rope

"Soul Survivor" is a bit too forced IMHO.

I'm very happy having discovered "New Look" and "Falling To Pieces" <3

Comment

• Wondering will they push for the one last single?

Comment

• Let Me Love You is one of her best tracks. It really is a great song

Comment

• She could have released more songs actually
                    Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                      Wondering will they push for the one last single?
                      I don’t think so. They will probably start a new era to get onto New Music Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                        Wondering will they push for the one last single?
                        I doubt it after Only Want You was a massive flop, which sucks, as I love that song.

At least we can all agree that Falling to Pieces is great.
                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• This is one of the best pop releases of 2018. And every single she has released since is a bop. I'm officially a fan.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Somehow I could only vote for one track and I voted for 'Falling To Pieces'. That song is amazing and def my fav song aside from 'Your Song', 'For You' and 'Velvet Rope'.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                              This is one of the best pop releases of 2018. And every single she has released since is a bop. I'm officially a fan.
                              Amen
                              Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It's a great pop album, Rita really delivered despite the difficulties she faced while making this album. Hope her new album will be as good as this.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I can't believe it's already been a year, wow.

This is a good collection of pop songs, with a little filler. It's a step from Rita's debut for sure, but I feel like we still need to wait for an album that has her character and doesn't sound so anonymous.
                                    late.

Comment

• The material on here is far superior to the stuff on her ropey debut album. Every single was great! I hope she gets some impact and more success with the next one.
                                      thank u, next

Comment

• Oh wow, i completely forgot that this album existed, having listened to it a lot when it came out. It is decent but feels more like a collection of singles than an album, although i do really like some of the non singles on it. Three or four songs i could live without such as Girls, the rudimental one and one or two more.

Comment

• ^ Totally agree

"Hell of a Life" was THAT song though
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It feels longer than a year BUT I guess that's because she had a couple singles released before. I still play this quite often.

Comment

• one of my fav albums of 2018!!! Rita did that! And I'm so glad she had the chance to release this pop gem!

Comment

• Summer Love should have been the biggest hit of 2019.
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• This is still one of the finest pop albums of recent years imo.
                                                  One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                    Summer Love should have been the biggest hit of 2012.
                                                    *fixed
                                                    late.

Comment

• It sadly feels more of a collection of singles

Comment

Working...
                                                      X