Lana Del Rey - Norman F*cking Rockwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beredy View Post
    It's too late for physical edition (or at least these first pressings that will come out on Aug 30th), but it might get tacked on digital editions. Weirder things have happened in digital releases...
    I expect both songs to be on a deluxe edition 6 to 12 months from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
      She's not gonna tack on Season of the Witch. She never tacked on any of her many soundtrack songs on any of her albums. And I doubt there will be a re-release. It's more likely she will release a new album in 6-12 months. She never stops recording.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It's more likely she will release a new album in 6-12 months. She never stops recording.
        It would be great, but every time it seems a new album is around the corner, and every time we have to wait 2+ years
        Anyway, looking forward to listening to that Norman Motherfʌckʌ Rockwell!
        "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
          I hope so too!

this is shaping up to be a great record

Comment

OMG you people make her seem like she records album ever 3-4 years LOL , when she's one of the most prolific mainstream artists today. She didn't even release NFR yet, and she already released a newly done song. #onlylanadelrey

2012-01-27 Born to Die
            2012-11-09 Paradise
            2013-04-23 Young & Beautiful (The Great Gatsby)
            2014-01-26 Once Upon a Dream (Maleficent)
            2014-06-13 Ultraviolence
            2015-09-18 Honeymoon
            2017-07-21 Lust For Life
            2019-08-09 Season of the Witch (Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark)
            2019-08-09 Looking for America (non album charity single)
            2019-08-30 Norman ******* Rockwell

Since her official studio debut 7.5 years ago we will have 5 albums, an EP (that can actually qualify as an album both in number of tracks and in length, no matter which you want to look at as the deciding factor) and 4 non-album singles. And that's just her solo releases, not counting dozens of songs she was featured on. And she has done so many videos in these 7.5 years also. If anything Lana fans are lucky. So I really don't get this whining.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              Hm that cover is awful. Her worst tbh.
              I kinda love the vibe of the cover.. the music for me this era is the issue
              Forever Young

Comment

OMG you people make her seem like she records album ever 3-4 years LOL , when she's one of the most prolific mainstream artists today. She didn't even release NFR yet, and she already released a newly done song. #onlylanadelrey

2012-01-27 Born to Die
                2012-11-09 Paradise
                2013-04-23 Young & Beautiful (The Great Gatsby)
                2014-01-26 Once Upon a Dream (Maleficent)
                2014-06-13 Ultraviolence
                2015-09-18 Honeymoon
                2017-07-21 Lust For Life
                2019-08-09 Season of the Witch (Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark)
                2019-08-09 Looking for America (non album charity single)
                2019-08-30 Norman ******* Rockwell

Since her official studio debut 7.5 years ago we will have 5 albums, an EP (that can actually qualify as an album both in number of tracks and in length, no matter which you want to look at as the deciding factor) and 4 non-album singles. And that's just her solo releases, not counting dozens of songs she was featured on. And she has done so many videos in these 7.5 years also. If anything Lana fans are lucky. So I really don't get this whining.
                Plus a soundtrack coming out later this year
                Forever Young

Comment

I forgot one soundtrack release:

2014-12-23 Big Eyes (Big Eyes, and she had another song on the soundtrack)

Comment

Not to mention the endless random songs from her pre-fame days (or maybe post-fame even) that just keep on appearing on Youtube. Every once in a while I discover another one we'll never run out of LDR songs
                    last.fm

Comment

• True. Plus in addition to all the things we got form her, she also has been VERY consistent with her stuff. Like, she has yet to release something that leaves me cold.

Comment

• This era has been a HUGE mess.
                        2 songs leaked, one was released prematurely on google play and taken down 30 minutes after upload.
                        Another song was uploaded to her yt account for 1 minute and taken down. Boths songs were supposed to come out last weekend with a double video which ended up not happening.
                        Then the album "leaks" because someone already had a copy of the freaking CASSETTE and all these fans have listening to an LQ recording via phone from that cassette for days now.

I have only heard the 2 leaked songs. "The greatest" is incredible, "F*ck it, I love you" is a grower.
                        "Lift up your head
                        Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• You can hardly call those people fans when they steal her material or listen to one that illegally leaked. As a loyal fan, it should be legitimate to be patient for the official release of that material.
                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                          and everything you stand for?
                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            You can hardly call those people fans when they steal her material or listen to one that illegally leaked. As a loyal fan, it should be legitimate to be patient for the official release of that material.
                            I mean that is a debate. If an album leaks that I intend to buy I don't mind listening to a leak, if the quality is good. But listening to an LQ phone recording of a cassette is desperate. I wouldn't want to ruin my first listen like that.
                            "Lift up your head
                            Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Even if you intend to buy, you encourage hackers to hack and leak those albums by listening. If you do listen leaked material, you don't have a right the complain about leaks.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I bought Lime vinyl and Explicit Cover CD. And haven't heard it leaked. I can wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  Even if you intend to buy, you encourage hackers to hack and leak those albums by listening. If you do listen leaked material, you don't have a right the complain about leaks.
                                  This right here!
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Even if you intend to buy, you encourage hackers to hack and leak those albums by listening. If you do listen leaked material, you don't have a right the complain about leaks.
                                    I'm not complaining about leaks, I'm commenting on the mismanaging of the era. The 2 songs that weren't supposed to come out but were uploaded to legal sources and taken down later especially. I bought "The greatest" on google play, legally, when I saw it was available. Turns out they weren't suppose to come out and were withdrawn. The announcement of a musicvideo on August 17th which, the night before got cancelled by her producer on twitter when he said "Oh actually, it not coming out anymore, it's coming soon". And yes, the album leaking (which I have not listened to) through a freaking cassette tops it all of.
                                    It's all incredibly unprofessional.
                                    This aside, I'm sure none of ya'll have ever downloaded a leak from an artist you love....;)
                                    "Lift up your head
                                    Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                      This aside, I'm sure none of ya'll have ever downloaded a leak from an artist you love....;)
                                      I did and Rebel Heart leaks happened. I felt so bad about how she felt, i've never ever listened to leaks after that.

About leaks, Lana seems to be in control of her material right now, nothing leaks these days. There were days when 3-4 songs leaked in a week.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                        You‘re right I haven’t. Except for unreleased tracks which is a different story. I didn’t even do that when "Glory" leaked. I just don’t understand how people can’t wait for a few more days or sometimes even just hours when they have been waiting for months or years already anyway for the albums to come out. Do y‘all have ADHD or what?
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                          You‘re right I haven’t. Except for unreleased tracks which is a different story. I didn’t even do that when "Glory" leaked. I just don’t understand how people can’t wait for a few more days or sometimes even just hours when they have been waiting for months or years already anyway for the albums to come out. Do y‘all have ADHD or what?
                                          Well I command you for your patience.
                                          If a new Mariah album or something would leak 1 week in advance in HQ, there's no doubt in my brain. I'll be listening and one week later the album will drop legally on my doormat.
                                          "Lift up your head
                                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

LOL. You're talking as if the leaks wouldn't happen if a couple of fans didn't download leaked stuff. Chile...

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                              LOL. You're talking as if the leaks wouldn't happen if a couple of fans didn't download leaked stuff. Chile...
                                              Yeah, I mean if the leak is actually out there and I want it, I'm not gonna sit there and think "Well, if I don't download this I will help the music industry". As long as you buy after you try, I don't see anything wrong with it.
                                              "Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Fact is that people who download it wouldn't even buy it in 99% of the cases. The whole music industry cried wolf about so much money lost when in fact they hardly lost much. Pirating stuff is mostly spread where the legal ways of obtaining are too expensive or more likely non existent. This whole leak thing debate is so 2000 and l8.

Comment

• Is illegally downloading things even a thing these days?

Comment

• There are 3 reasons why I haven't listened to the leak and none of them have anything to do with being a 'loyal' fan lol:

1.) I've been busy
                                                    2.) the leak is LQ
                                                    3.) streaming has made me too lazy to search for illegal download links

Listening to the leak wouldn't make me any less of a fan though. I'll still stream the album dozens of times over the coming months and I might even buy the CD once it's discounted. Lana wouldn't lose a penny from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                      Is illegally downloading things even a thing these days?
                                                      +1
                                                      for real? the album is out in 3 weeks - what's the point of listening to LQ mess?
                                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                                                        +1
                                                        for real? the album is out in 3 weeks - what's the point of listening to LQ mess?
                                                        How is 9 days = 3 weeks?

Comment

• The double video for "F*ck it, I love you" & "The Greatest" comes out tomorrow.
                                                          "The Greatest" is one of her best tracks ever IMO, very excited to see the visual.
                                                          "Lift up your head
                                                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                            How is 9 days = 3 weeks?
                                                            I was in Sweden for two weeks and I'm still jet lagged
                                                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Billboard article, nice read. Can't wait for this freaking album!!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...edium=referral
                                                              "Lift up your head
                                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Working...
                                                              X