Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

On her sixth full-length album and debut for BMG, Head Above Water, AVRIL LAVIGNE holds nothing back. Over the course of the record, she details each trial and tribulation from a perspective of triumph and emerges stronger than ever before. You’re hearing the songstress as she was always meant to sound.
    https://www.umusicpub.com/us/Artists/A/ ... vigne.aspx
    *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Re: Avril Lavigne | Head Above Water (Album)

I hope they're not gonna push this back endlessly and release it this year.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Re: Avril Lavigne | Head Above Water (Album)

any pre-order link?
      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Confirmed tracks:

-Birdie
        -Crush
        -Head Above Water
        -Dumb Blonde
        -I Fell in Love With the Devil
        -It Was in Me
        -Warrior
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears
          Confirmed tracks:

-Birdie
          -Crush
          -Head Above Water
          -Dumb Blonde
          -It Was in Me
          -Warrior
          Looks like its time to resurrect these little gems (Biebz and biscuits officially ahead of their time )

Avril Lavigne | Crush

Avril Lavigne | Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
            I hope they're not gonna push this back endlessly and release it this year.
            Please no. She'll get lost during Q4. She has to wait until early 2019 to release the album and go with another single first (unless the single takes off and becomes a sleeper hit, which may happen...)

Comment

It is not a problem per se if it debuts outside of the top 10 in Q4. Christina Aguilera's 'Stripped' or Beyoncé's 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' initially had had some low debuts internationally due to heavy Q4 competition but ended up rebounding and having some nice longevity in the next year due to successful singles. So the debut position only says that much.
              WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                Please no. She'll get lost during Q4. She has to wait until early 2019 to release the album and go with another single first (unless the single takes off and becomes a sleeper hit, which may happen...)
                I think the only way Head above water could become a sleeper hit is if Avril does a lot of promo for the song outside America. A performance on a big UK tv show would surely help boost the profile of the song to those who aren't aware that the song exists (no radio or music video airplay as yet from what i can gather atm isn't helping matters :( :evil: ).

Originally posted by theMathematician
                It is not a problem per se if it debuts outside of the top 10 in Q4. Christina Aguilera's 'Stripped' or Beyoncé's 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' initially had had some low debuts internationally due to heavy Q4 competition but ended up rebounding and having some nice longevity in the next year due to successful singles. So the debut position only says that much.
                The whole albums market is so different now to 2002 and 2008 with the "s" word being more of a playing factor than anything else. Very few albums these days (especially in the UK) enter outside the top 10 and go on to achieve greater success following a successful 2nd or 3rd single release. Only if the album is released after the successful 2nd or 3rd single but certainly not before.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears
                  Confirmed tracks:

-Birdie
                  -Crush
                  -Head Above Water
                  -Dumb Blonde
                  -It Was in Me
                  -Warrior
                  Ready for that hoe anthem!

Comment

Who cares?

Fans care more about sales than artists do. Y’all have a degree in economics or what?
                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Do you really want to attack people who only want their favourite musicians to do well? It’s not something anyone can talk about in real life, this thread should be a safe place to discuss anything related to the album.
                      Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                      Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

[tweet:23n3jsh3]https://twitter.com/AvrilLavigne/status/1071103591841062912[/tweet:23n3jsh3]

Comment

Love the colors and background of the cover, but the “naked behind a guitar” thing is hella cheesy
                          last.fm

Comment

Horrible cover OMG

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
                              Love the colors and background of the cover, but the “naked behind a guitar” thing is hella cheesy

Comment

Re: Avril Lavigne | Head Above Water [album]

I am slightly excited for this as I love the lead.
                                One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

That's not a good shot.
                                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

This looks way better in HQ:
                                    https://avrillavigne.com/wp-content/upl ... _FINAL.jpg

I understand why some fans are unhappy with this cover, at least with its execution, but it totally fits her vision for this album:
                                    her being "naked" represents vulnerability, being unprotected during her struggle with the Lyme disease, but on the other hand, she managed to keep her head above water thanks to her music (the guitar), which was a key factor of the healing process.
                                    She seems way more comfortable about her music and most importantly she's in full control of the whole record.

Comment

I am more than curious what she cooked up in the kitchen.

Very happy she murdered the Sk8er Girl by now and goes for a more bare sound scheme.

Comment

The album is out on February 15, 2019.

Album cover is bad but still excited for the album.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
                                          colors its in black and white

Comment

Everyone’s always “holding nothing back this time”
                                            1 Sofi Tukker |2 SG Lewis |3 Groove Armada|4 Lady Gaga |5 pnau|

Comment

Don‘t get the hate for the cover. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                                                Don‘t get the hate for the cover. I love it!
                                                I think it’s cute tbh
                                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Her best cover so far, it's really good to me.
                                                  Floped and localed

Comment

Working...
                                                  X