Mariah Carey - Caution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
    �� Charmbracelet is her worst album imo.
    It's most definitely not. That would be MIAM
    Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      CB is cute... but Caution is on another level. It's even better than Daydream and Screami.
      Please! Daydream had great songs and is generally a great album with clear hit songs.

Caution is a good album but there were no songs that could have even been a success in its own right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        It's most definitely not. That would be MIAM
        It would probably be the overrated The Emancipation of Mimi. And I think everybody could see that if it wouldn’t have been such a huge comeback for her. Period.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Can we all leave Ankle Bracelet where it belongs and move on.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Caution was my 7th most played album this year! Ready for the next one, Mariah (but please, enjoy your christmas success properly ;))

Comment

• Caution is a cute collection.

Comment

• I’m a year and a half late but damn 8th Grade is really that girl... It hurts my heart that this album was completely ignored by the GP. Classic MC yet so modern. She is simply the best at keeping up with the times without losing her integrity

Comment

• ^Absolute Truth!!!! What I love most about Caution (album) is its effortlessness, it's not like some veteran chick desperately tryna stay current but more of a reminder that she's the most unique and timeless artist there is out there

Comment

• Marchum
                    Marchum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TELL EM! <3

• ^ YESSSSS

Comment

• It's been 480 days since Caution was released, and since then a lot has happened... I have so many thoughts and feelings about this era...

The music on Caution, in my opinion, has aged amazingly well. It still feels fresh and contemporary compared to a lot of the r&b releases today but has that classic Mariah touch. It was, as they say, a cultural reset for the lambily.

The only criticism I still have with it is its brevity, even though that works in the album's favor (even Mariah said in the Genius interview that the album was just a vehicle for her to dip her toes back into making music (after the nightmare era). I feel like Mariah could have done one or two more tracks going along the more experimental approach she took with Giving Me Life, and thought it would have given the album a stronger mid-section (which was a common criticism from both critics and lambs alike)

I know it deserved to sell much more than it did, but it was obvious from the get go of this era that it wasn't geared towards a commercial release. From the first four instant grat singles, the Thursday release dates, its predominantly mid-tempo heavy R&B sound, and the relatively minimal promotion, this was obviously an album for the true fans. But it's interesting to see how a lot of casual (justifiably sceptical) fans responded to the album too...

The album's critical acclaim really bookended Mariah revitalising her overall image for the general public: the amazing tour reviews, the special achievement awards (billboard icon award + ivor novello special achievement), the viral social media posts putting more attention onto mariah and her voice (aka the bottlecap challenge), and not to mention Merry Christmas 25 (and her 19th #1) as well as her SOHF induction... I don't think Mariah's public-image has been this good in a hot minute (and dare I say since she gave birth to dem babies).

For the first time, in a long time: it's cool to like Mariah. Mariah's memoirs would be the perfect way to solidify her PR transformation: its her telling her story on her own terms, without media or personal bias.

An 'Emancipation' style come-back may not be possible, given that the industry is geared against female (esp women of color) artists over 40. But if Mariah can capitalise on this public goodwill with a musical release that has elements in place to combat her barriers (e.g. a lead single featuring a relevant, streaming force that can get her playlisting on streaming services + more chances of radio airplay (w a radio deal), an uptempo melodic (quote on quote 'pop') focus with Mariah's rhythmic backbone/ roots, and a targeted promotional schedule and release), then I can certainly envision at least one more commercially successful era for her.

Comment

• As a casual fan, i'm happy that the album is short, it's flawless. 1 or 2 filler songs might've ruined it imo. Caution is her best album in ages and the only negative thing i can say about this era is title track not being released as a single was a mistake. Other than that, everything was perfect.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Listening to this, i STAN this album.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I'm listening right now... and OMG how does the album still sound so impeccable all these months later?

The Distance and GML truly are her magnus opus.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Listening to this from back to front for the first time in a while.

Gosh, she really did it with this album. Such a smooth, cohesive, mature and sexy album.
                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                            See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              Gosh, she really did it with this album. Such a smooth, cohesive, mature and sexy album.
                              General consensus since November 16th, 2018.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

General consensus since June 12th, 1990.

Originally posted by beredy
                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post

I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                    I’m a year and a half late but damn 8th Grade is really that girl... It hurts my heart that this album was completely ignored by the GP. Classic MC yet so modern. She is simply the best at keeping up with the times without losing her integrity
                                    PREAAACHHH!
                                    Eudaimonia
                                    Last.fm
                                    Instagram

Comment

• The distance is still a bop, the best thing she’s released commercially in years.

Comment

• Yup The Distance would be a nice lead!

Comment

• Slay Long Love You was an obvious single choice.
                                          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Working...
                                          X