The Weeknd - After Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weeknd - After Hours

Abel announced the title of his upcoming album (which is coming soon) at a show in Toronto.
    late.

Re: The Weeknd - Chapter 6

Yes! I'm so ready for new material from Abel.
    I hope he releases another tune like 'Can't Feel My Face' or 'STARBOY'.
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

My Dear Melancholy was very underwhelming for me, and Starboy was too long and wore out fast. Still a fan and hope this delivers, but I have my reservations.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

What a blah ass album title.
        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

In true R&B fashion, the urban crowd are about to move on from him once he doesn't deliver the goods with his next album. Khalid and Bazzi took the spotlight from him.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
            In true R&B fashion, the urban crowd are about to move on from him once he doesn't deliver the goods with his next album. Khalid and Bazzi took the spotlight from him.
            Thanks for the laugh but nope. Urban crowd are still here for him!

Khalid's success is cute, but he doesn't have a loyal fanbase and he barely gets played on Urban radio and I think his music targets younger Pop audience & lonely millenials instead and I don't even know who Bazzi is, I thought he was a DJ or something (?).

Comment

Well since you are more a broken record than actually talking sense, it’s safe to assume he’ll be fine

Comment

Hope there'll bops like Starboy on the album. MDM was boring.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I need another Reminder.

I wonder what he'll be singing about this time? Himself as usual I guess.

Comment

Excited!

What happened to "We're Alone Together." though?

Comment

I hope its more like STARBOY, his latest EP's were not my thing
                      *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris
                        I wonder what he'll be singing about this time? Himself as usual I guess.
                        And about his ex's too but so what? R&B songs used to tell stories and that's what I like about it. Rather than all this talks about sex, drugs, strip clubs, alcohol etc.

Comment

I wasn't here for STARBOY when it was released, but there's actually some great songs in there amongst the bloated tracklist. I enjoyed the EP, but it don't come back to it much. Hope this project keeps my interest.

Wish we could get a BANKS collaboration on this album, it's long overdue.
                          late.

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                            Thanks for the laugh but nope. Urban crowd are still here for him!

Khalid's success is cute, but he doesn't have a loyal fanbase and he barely gets played on Urban radio and I think his music targets younger Pop audience & lonely millenials instead and I don't even know who Bazzi is, I thought he was a DJ or something (?).
                            Originally posted by Jesper
                            Well since you are more a broken record than actually talking sense, it’s safe to assume he’ll be fine
                            Draaaag!

Excited for this whenever it comes.
                            DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

I enjoyed that last EP project about Selener so I'm looking forward to this.

Privilege was a tune,
                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Starboy has a lot of great songs but I feel like the lead single overshadowed all the other singles' chart performances. "I Feel It Coming" should've been A LOT bigger. "Party Monster" too.

Comment

I agree with you, abi, 'Starboy' was a great album from start to finish. In fact, after having listened to the album for the first time, I felt like it could be one of those 'Thriller'/'Rhythm Nation'/'Come On Over'/'The Fame'/'Loose' albums. You know, albums that had everyone talking at the time of their release, with multiple big hits and everyone having a different favorite song (simply because all are great) rather than that one big tune surrounded by a few songs that are 'just OK'. 'Starboy' was successful, but it never went right into that league somehow. Well, there's always a next album, I guess.
                                  ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

I'll check this out when it's released.
                                    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [135-131]

Comment

YES!

Comment

I don't think this album will be called Chapter 6, he was probably just hyping up his album way too early with an R8 type title . Nevertheless, I'll keep that as the title until we have an official confirmation.

I'm really ready for this. I feel like Abel was trying to balance his mixtape sound with the slick style of STARBOY on My Dear Melancholy, but it didn't quite work in places. Hopefully he can deliver a body of work that serves as a bulletproof artistic statement this time around.
                                        late.

Comment

I actually like the title Chapter 6 though so hopefully he'll use it. I'm glad he's taking his time for the album though I wish we already had a little bit of something. My Dear Melancholy was cute but it lacks versatility his previous records had.

Comment

It's time for..... El Wikén

Comment

Universal Music France held an open session last September and one of the insiders say that he's going to release in November alongside Drake, Kanye (already happened) and Migos while Rihanna is planned for December.

Comment

New album titled "After Hours"

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Yay, he finally announced it. Time to update the thread title.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X