• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice title.

Comment

Album cover:

He will release a new song tonight.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Daddy

Last edited by aRat; Tue February 18th, 2020, 23:41.
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Not into it.

Comment

Cover is awful, but I'm feeling pumped about the music. Everything so far has been fire.

Comment

Don't like it.

Comment

I don't hate it.
                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Title track is out now.

The album will already be released on the 20th March!

I like the cover and all three songs are good, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Comment

The second one would've been a MUCH BETTER album cover.

Comment

^yeah that would have been a cool cover.
                      The official one is just...repulsive.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Yeah the album cover is terrible. But the music is outstanding so far so I don’t care.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I can never get into his music. His voice is just too thin and whiny for me. I mean I wouldn't turn off Can't Feel My Face, Starboy and Feel It Comin if they play but that's about it.

Comment

Looking forward to this, it's been too long!
                            thank u, next

Comment

Love the cover and don't dislike the title track, although I wish it had a little more oomph somewhere in those 6 minutes.

Comment

The title track is amazing.
                                Eudaimonia
                                Last.fm
                                Instagram

Comment

Is this his creep era?
                                  The artwork is just so weird.

Kind of a wasted opportunity that After Hours takes off after 2 very long minutes.

I don’t know... I am a bit reserved about this era.
                                  YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                    I can never get into his music. His voice is just too thin and whiny for me. I mean I wouldn't turn off Can't Feel My Face, Starboy and Feel It Comin if they play but that's about it.
                                    Was gonna say the same thing. His vocals are so one dimensional and high pitched.
                                    "Lift up your head
                                    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Was gonna say the same thing. His vocals are so one dimensional and high pitched.
                                      I think y'all should start with some songs where he doesn't sound too whiny or songs that contain genres you like the most. I actually felt the same way about his voice initially but I was slowly warming up and Starboy the album really won me over (hate the title track though).

Comment

The Weeknd is the type of artist who rises and falls with the choice of producers. In his early career, he tried to come across as hip and had those long ass songs which seemed to go nowhere. For 'Starboy', he went into a more mainstream-friendly direction but refused to go the generic or basic route. Every song on it was a potential single, though I feel like his most popular songs are not necessarily his favorites (an album full of 'Nothing Without You' or 'True Colors' though? No, thanks.).
                                        ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Has he ever worked with Major Lazer? Maybe he should? I know his fans will probably disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                            Has he ever worked with Major Lazer? Maybe he should?
                                            Working with Major Lazor qualifies as high treason and has to be punished with immediate career death.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Comment

Not a big fan of the violent undertone. I‘d rather have something less conflicting.
                                                  YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Working with Major Lazor qualifies as high treason and has to be punished with immediate career death.
                                                    Major Lazer serves bops. This one for example, is a quality not-so-generic #1 hit that got away.

And I'm pretty sure Dipo/Major Lazer has produced some more R&B/Disco-leaning works in the past as well, I think they could work well together.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X