The Weeknd - After Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Working with Major Lazor qualifies as high treason and has to be punished with immediate career death.
    Major Lazer serves bops. This one for example, is a quality not-so-generic #1 hit that got away.

And I'm pretty sure Dipo/Major Lazer has produced some more R&B/Disco-leaning works in the past as well, I think they could work well together.

Comment

Him and Bruno Mars (from the "Please Me" video) are starting to look alike to me.

Anyway, I'm really obsessed with "Blinding Lights" at the moment.

Comment

Blinding Lights @ SNL

Scared To Live @ SNL

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Just listening to Scared to live now and it's flawless. I'm loving The Weeknd with these retro 80s synth tracks. I can see this album being so successful and its totally deserved. <3

Comment

"Scared to Live" is so good!

Comment

Man, I can’t past his vocals. I like Scared To Live though! Is it the next single?

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I can’t wait for this!
                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                      Wait is it all solo?

Comment

so ******* dope

Comment

HIS PEN GAME.

Comment

First listen, solid effort.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Blinding Lights is catchy, but I played this today while writing something on the computer and I didn't even notice when BL came on. The album completely went by as background music I barely registered.

Will give this a proper listen later though.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

^Honestly I agree. I'm also surprised by the lack of R&B sound on the album, I mean it should be expected judging by the singles but still...

Comment

There are some tracks on the album that … I really don't get.

However, there are beautifully crafted and very atmospheric songs on it too. Anyone feeling Too Late as much as I do?
                                  DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Overall a good to great album but not as instant as "Starboy" or "Beauty Behind The Madness".

I'm surprised there are no featurings on this. I think only "House of Balloons" had no featurings as well from all of his releases.

Comment

Just finished listening to it and I loved it. This is clearly his synthwave album and I love how well he sounds on this production. I'll have to spin in a couple more times, but it's definitely up there for me, in terms of his releases.

Comment

OK, second listen and I'm not feeling this album as a whole at all. There's a nice stretch of songs of Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes, Save Your Tears, Repeat After Me (Interlude), After Hours, but the rest is meh at best. I really don't like when he uses his whiny voice. It's still very off-putting to my ears.

I'll just pretend this is an EP made out of tracks 9-13.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                          There are some tracks on the album that … I really don't get.

However, there are beautifully crafted and very atmospheric songs on it too. Anyone feeling Too Late as much as I do?
                                          YES.
                                          One of my top favorites.
                                          "I tell myself I should get over you, ooohhhh I know I'd rather be all over you!" TELL HER ZADDY.

Comment

Still not feeling the album, though I'll have to give it another listen with my headphones, I feel like I'd be able to hear the production more clearly.

As for now, "Scared to Live" is my jam!

Comment

This album is amazing!! Just as good as Beauty Behind The Madness, and on par with Starboy for me. I think it'll surpass that soon though. Every track is good, starboy had some skips.
                                              thank u, next

Comment

Alone Again, Too Late, Hardest to Love, Snowchild, Escape from LA and Faith are my favorites.

Comment

Only four reviews in so far, but a score of 86 at Metacritic. Good start and very well deserved!

Comment

Im enjoying this. I’d never listened to an album of his before! I like the melancholy pop vibe
                                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Working...
                                                    X