No announcement yet.

The Weeknd - After Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The production on this is excellent, but lyrically he hasn't progressed at all. Escape from LA being the best example. We get it, you slept with loads of women, you do drugs and you're not the best partner.

Having said that, I did buy the pricey signed vinyl, which was meant to be available until 12 hours ago, but is still available. Just like his previous "limited" releases, they are left there for a lot longer than what it originally states just to pressure you to buy it.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Definitely his worst album imo, but his most cohesive since his mixtapes. I don't mind a pop moment here or there, but not for most of the project.

I'll only will be using Snowchile and Repeat After Me (which I love) only.
      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

He just released a deluxe edition.

15. Blinding Lights (Chromatics Remix)
        16. Save Your Tears (OPN Remix)
        17. Heartless (Vaporwave Remix) [feat. Lil Uzi Vert]
        18. After Hours (The Blaze Remix)
        19. Scared To Live (SNL Live)

Unnecessary...
        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          He just released a deluxe edition.

Unnecessary...
          Yeah, I read the title this morning and when I looked at the actual tracklist I LOLed.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

His fans are so pissed especially because they made up a rumor about a blue deluxe with new songs.

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

girl...

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

While a deluxe edition was probably unnecessary, the remixes are on point, especially the Chromatics one for "Blinding Lights."

Comment

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

The first Weeknd album I’ve listened to and really impressed! This is a really solid album and something we need in pop these days. Albeit a lot of it does sound a bit samey but the only tracks on first listen I could do without are Alone Again, Snowchild and Escape from LA.
                      Last edited by jason2379; Wed March 25th, 2020, 12:04.

Comment

Snowchild and Escape from LA bore me to death.

Save Your Tears, Hardest To Love and Scared To Live should all be singles. The remix of Blinding Lights is amazing.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Snowchild and Escape from LA bore me to death.

Save Your Tears, Hardest To Love and Scared To Live should all be singles. The remix of Blinding Lights is amazing.
                          Snowchild is my top favorite
                          Hardest To Love should be a single, indeed. Such a sick beat.
                          Last edited by Marchum; Fri March 27th, 2020, 00:28.

Comment

He has released a real deluxe edition with three new songs after all!

Comment

What a troll

Can't wait to listen to the new songs, he never disappoints. I LOVE this album.
                              thank u, next

Comment

He is a troll, and I expect another week of merch drops too...
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Music video for "Until I Bleed Out."

Comment

Hmmm. Thoughts?

I mean, I get where he's coming from but I feel like he shouldn't have said this, at least not in a negative way.

Comment

I love him but he hasn't delivered something as epic as climax tbh. It would fit his style but name one song that is similar
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

“Earned It” sounds like a repackaged version of Jeremih’s “Birthday Sex” tho so he’s not one to talk.
                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

Hmmm. Thoughts?

I mean, I get where he's coming from but I feel like he shouldn't have said this, at least not in a negative way.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I wish the tweet had included the full quote, since he mentioned as he got older, he's not mad anymore. I do remember when "Climax" first came out, I did think briefly it sounded somewhat like a Weeknd song, but quickly got over that.

Comment

Welp, Diplo (the producer) confirmed that he indeed took inspirations from The Weeknd's first mixtape.

Anyways, I feel like the fans of both artists kinda blew this out of proportion on Twitter. Hopefully both artists pull a Chris Brown/Drake and make up really soon. I still think The Weeknd shouldn't have said that though but anyways...

Comment

When was the last time a male pop artist was this committed to a concept & aesthetic for a whole era?

Comment

^ not Diplo making sure we know only the Weeknd's early records are blowing his mind
                                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• ^Lmaoo I didn't even think of it that way.

The Weeknd is valid in his opinion (about him being a big influencer in Alt R&B...because he is tbh). He could've kept Ushers name out of it though.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                    X