• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0 nominatIons y'all jkaSHBFAJHhA

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      Just wow at The Weeknd snub
      I didn't expect that, but it surely didn't help that this era was all about that one song, preventing him from showing all the other layers he could've offered.
      You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
      I should walk away.
      Oh, I should walk away.
      But I think I'll stay.
      (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I didn't expect that, but it surely didn't help that this era was all about that one song, preventing him from showing all the other layers he could've offered.
        Post Malone's Circle was also a monster hit that blocked other singles yet he was nominated. And imo, BL is the superior song.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Literally might be the most shocking snub of all time!
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Post Malone's Circle was also a monster hit that blocked other singles yet he was nominated. And imo, BL is the superior song.
            I'm not a big fan of either of the two songs, but for my low expectations regarding Malone's music, he definitely exceeded them with 'Circle'. It's my favorite song in his discography thus far. Regarding 'Blinding Lights': I always felt like the song was too calculated and simple - it lacked innovation to me.
            You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
            I should walk away.
            Oh, I should walk away.
            But I think I'll stay.
            (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Stop the cap, Blinding Lights is one of the biggest US hits in recent times, and I can't remember a time when a song as big as it didn't pick up a single nomination!

Comment

• My poor Daddy
                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                98 - OUT

Comment

I'm not a big fan of either of the two songs, but for my low expectations regarding Malone's music, he definitely exceeded them with 'Circle'. It's my favorite song in his discography thus far. Regarding 'Blinding Lights': I always felt like the song was too calculated and simple - it lacked innovation to me.
                  You don't need to reinvent the wheel to get a Grammy nomination.

Comment

• Shocking! BL is the song of 2020
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Heartless was #1 song also.

In Your Eyes was also decent hit. But nothing can come close to monster hit Blinding Lights is.

Biggest snub of all time!

I just wonder how the hell he wasn't in top 8 of ppl who voted. I mean no way, this might even be some kind of a conspiracy.

I just can't wait to see his sales after Super Bowl. That will be even bigger then Grammy win.

Break more records Abel.
                      BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                      YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Say it louder!
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I must admit it wasnt on my playlist or radar before yesterday. After the snub, I returned to this.

It is a pretty solid and maybe I appreciate it more after not listening to him in a long while.
                          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Abel works best with a chip on his shoulder, so next album will be fire.

"In Your Eyes" and "Faith" from the VEVO sessions.
                            Last edited by Mugen; Wed November 25, 2020, 19:34.

Comment

• I didn't know that he was from Canada! Maybe that explains why he was snubbed. I was shocked he got zero nominations.

And I thought the Grammys became more inclusive when Harvey Mason went on board! It became even more rigged. How the hell does "Black Parade" or "Dynamite" get nods over this?

I must admit I wasn't the biggest The Weeknd fan when he exploded in 2015 but this is by far, the biggest snub. It's not like he had great winning years and they opted to give others a chance or something, they clearly shut him out to favor *cough* Beyoncι *cough* rigged General Field and R&B wins.

Comment

• His fury at the Grammy snub is embarrassing.
                                thank u, next

Comment

• This is easily his weakest album, so I was quite fine with the Grammy committee swerving it. "Blinding Lights" deserved some love, but most of this record is lethargic.
                                  Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
                                  Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
                                  Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    This is easily his weakest album, so I was quite fine with the Grammy committee swerving it. "Blinding Lights" deserved some love, but most of this record is lethargic.
                                    Completely agree, I can't make it through the whole thing because it's so boring. BBTM is his best work so far. If he wants Grammys... that's where he needs to head back to.

He seems to be under the illusion that a tiktok hit and number one single = grammys galore, girl doesn't know how the world works
                                    thank u, next

Comment

• The 50 Best Albums of 2020

#32 The Weeknd, 'After Hours'

Abel Tesfaye is at best when he follows his moody impulses through sleek sounds, and he did that brilliantly on his 2020 synth-pop smash “Blinding Lights.” The rest of After Hours is his best version yet of his go-to lachrymose lushness, splitting the difference between glowering self-indulgence and Top 40 smoothness on post-breakup purges like “Hardest to Love” and “Too Late,” as well as the Elton John-interpolating “Scared to Live,” and his vocal flexes throughout the LP prove once again that he’s one of the most gifted R&B crooners to hit the radio this century. Hard to love? Perhaps. But on After Hours, he’s never been easier to like.—J.D.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...sfaye-1097142/
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Listening to this right now, Fcuk Grammys, it's one of the best albums of the year.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The 50 Best Albums of 2020: Staff Picks

3. The Weeknd, After Hours

Despite promoting his fourth album with the message “Let music heal us” during quarantine, The Weeknd doesn’t exactly heed his own advice on the spellbinding After Hours. Instead, the ‘80s-inspired disco and synth-pop heard in his smash hits “Blinding Lights” and “In Your Eyes” fuel hazy, yet unforgettable nights in the Las Vegas backdrop of his damaging, debaucherous cycle. But once the party’s over, The Weeknd feels alone again with his self-deprecating thoughts (“‘Cause I lost my faith/ So I cut away the pain/ Got it swimming in my veins/ Now my mind is outta place") echoed throughout moody introspective tracks like “Snowchild” and “Faith.” Sonically, After Hours hits the sweet spot between the soul-corroding decadence of his Trilogy mixtapes, the melancholic, garbled melodies of My Dear Melancholy and the futuristic frenetic pop rhythms of Starboy, projecting a gleefully basking The Weeknd directly into the bright luminescence of international superstardom. -- H.M.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ms-2020-top-50

Comment

• "Save Your Tears" music video:

Comment

Working...
                                            X