Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ska8er
    replied
    He is a troll, and I expect another week of merch drops too...

Leave a comment:

• shinydiscopaul
    replied
    What a troll

Can't wait to listen to the new songs, he never disappoints. I LOVE this album.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    He has released a real deluxe edition with three new songs after all!

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Snowchild and Escape from LA bore me to death.

Save Your Tears, Hardest To Love and Scared To Live should all be singles. The remix of Blinding Lights is amazing.
    Snowchild is my top favorite
    Hardest To Love should be a single, indeed. Such a sick beat.
    Last edited by Marchum; Fri March 27th, 2020, 00:28.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Snowchild and Escape from LA bore me to death.

Save Your Tears, Hardest To Love and Scared To Live should all be singles. The remix of Blinding Lights is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• jason2379
    replied
    The first Weeknd album I’ve listened to and really impressed! This is a really solid album and something we need in pop these days. Albeit a lot of it does sound a bit samey but the only tracks on first listen I could do without are Alone Again, Snowchild and Escape from LA.
    Last edited by jason2379; Wed March 25th, 2020, 12:04.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thankfulforkelly
    replied
    I’m enjoying this a lot, more poppy than I was expecting. Would’ve liked a few features and some R&B vibes though. Blinding Lights is one of the best pop songs in ages and I appreciate how cohesive the album is. Save Your Tears and Hardest to Love are early favourites

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    While a deluxe edition was probably unnecessary, the remixes are on point, especially the Chromatics one for "Blinding Lights."

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    girl...

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    His fans are so pissed especially because they made up a rumor about a blue deluxe with new songs.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    He just released a deluxe edition.

Unnecessary...
    Yeah, I read the title this morning and when I looked at the actual tracklist I LOLed.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    He just released a deluxe edition.

15. Blinding Lights (Chromatics Remix)
    16. Save Your Tears (OPN Remix)
    17. Heartless (Vaporwave Remix) [feat. Lil Uzi Vert]
    18. After Hours (The Blaze Remix)
    19. Scared To Live (SNL Live)

Unnecessary...

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Definitely his worst album imo, but his most cohesive since his mixtapes. I don't mind a pop moment here or there, but not for most of the project.

I'll only will be using Snowchile and Repeat After Me (which I love) only.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    The production on this is excellent, but lyrically he hasn't progressed at all. Escape from LA being the best example. We get it, you slept with loads of women, you do drugs and you're not the best partner.

Having said that, I did buy the pricey signed vinyl, which was meant to be available until 12 hours ago, but is still available. Just like his previous "limited" releases, they are left there for a lot longer than what it originally states just to pressure you to buy it.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    Im enjoying this. I’d never listened to an album of his before! I like the melancholy pop vibe

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Only four reviews in so far, but a score of 86 at Metacritic. Good start and very well deserved!

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    Alone Again, Too Late, Hardest to Love, Snowchild, Escape from LA and Faith are my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• shinydiscopaul
    replied
    This album is amazing!! Just as good as Beauty Behind The Madness, and on par with Starboy for me. I think it'll surpass that soon though. Every track is good, starboy had some skips.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Still not feeling the album, though I'll have to give it another listen with my headphones, I feel like I'd be able to hear the production more clearly.

As for now, "Scared to Live" is my jam!

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose View Post
    There are some tracks on the album that … I really don't get.

However, there are beautifully crafted and very atmospheric songs on it too. Anyone feeling Too Late as much as I do?
    YES.
    One of my top favorites.
    "I tell myself I should get over you, ooohhhh I know I'd rather be all over you!" TELL HER ZADDY.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    OK, second listen and I'm not feeling this album as a whole at all. There's a nice stretch of songs of Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes, Save Your Tears, Repeat After Me (Interlude), After Hours, but the rest is meh at best. I really don't like when he uses his whiny voice. It's still very off-putting to my ears.

I'll just pretend this is an EP made out of tracks 9-13.

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Just finished listening to it and I loved it. This is clearly his synthwave album and I love how well he sounds on this production. I'll have to spin in a couple more times, but it's definitely up there for me, in terms of his releases.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X