Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jorgepagaza View Post
    It´s her second best, I´d say.
    It's so fresh. I listen to the album on repeat in my car.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel View Post
      I'm glad you like it! I spin it frequently, there's some timeless quality in it for sure. I could listen to Take You Home for days on repeat
      Already my third most listened album of the year on Last.fm after Madame X and Norman FR, and in only two weeks! It became an addiction, now I’ll give GWGA a chance, I’ve never heard anything from it.
      "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
        Already my third most listened album of the year on Last.fm after Madame X and Norman FR, and in only two weeks! It became an addiction, now I’ll give GWGA a chance, I’ve never heard anything from it.
        GWGA is good, but not as good. It has some great songs though, like "Blackbird", "End Of Night", "Let´s Runaway", "Lost" or the title track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
          GWGA is much better imo. SOMM is 80% filler. Best song (Hurricanes) is a cover, that's kinda sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
            GWGA is much better imo. SOMM is 80% filler. Best song (Hurricanes) is a cover, that's kinda sad.
            Still she wrote it along with Rollo. Agree to disagree on it being 80% filler.

Comment

No, Hurricanes is not a cover an no - there are no fillers on this record. Her way of making albums simply doesn't leave room for them, except in GWGA of course, which you ironically like more, but that's the story for another day.
              When we lose what we love
              Don't think anything will ever taste the same
              Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

No, Hurricanes is not a cover an no - there are no fillers on this record. Her way of making albums simply doesn't leave room for them, except in GWGA of course, which you ironically like more, but that's the story for another day.
                I'm pretty sure you posted that video of originlal Hurricanes from like decade ago or something...

Half of the album is filler: you don't need a god, walking by, chances, have to stay, still on my mind... They add nothing to the table, they are just there... Very uninspired album.

Comment

• You don’t Need a God is haunting and reminiscent of her old sound imho, Chances is by far my favorite off the album, followed by Still on My Mind. As you can see definition of filler is so subjective...
                  "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

I'm pretty sure you posted that video of originlal Hurricanes from like decade ago or something...
                    That song shares like 3 lines of lyrics with Dido version and nothing else, so it hardly qualifies like cover.

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                    Half of the album is filler: you don't need a god, walking by, chances, have to stay, still on my mind... They add nothing to the table, they are just there... Very uninspired album.
                    Yeah, especially Have to Stay which was emotional show stopper on every tour date and it's one of the songs she's most proud of. I'm not a fan of You Don't Need a God, but filler is not a way to describe it. You can practically hear her devotion in every second of this record which, of course, you may or may not like, but it's rude to diminish her obvious hard work just because it didn't fulfil YOUR expectations whatever they were.

Comment

• Several posts have been removed!
                      Please keep your posting style on an educated and adult level.
                      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

That song shares like 3 lines of lyrics with Dido version and nothing else, so it hardly qualifies like cover.

Yeah, especially Have to Stay which was emotional show stopper on every tour date and it's one of the songs she's most proud of. I'm not a fan of You Don't Need a God, but filler is not a way to describe it. You can practically hear her devotion in every second of this record which, of course, you may or may not like, but it's rude to diminish her obvious hard work just because it didn't fulfil YOUR expectations whatever they were.
                        Preach.

Comment

• GWGA has more filler than this one. Her first three albums are unmatchable imo, but the last two are overall decent too.
                          last.fm

Comment

• How do we decide what's "filler" and what's not? I like every song on GWGA.

Comment

Well they used the same lyrics but totally changed the chords
                              Last edited by quantum; Thu November 14th, 2019, 15:00.

Comment

• The deluxe edition is out today guys

Comment

• Okay I‘m impressed. Both remixes are amazing. The TYH one is the best. The acoustic versions are beautiful even though I would have preferred for her to do two more acoustic versions of songs from the album instead of old hits. But in the end I‘m not mad because they are so good.

And I love the new songs. It’s weird that "Just Because", the promo single, is actually my least favorite. "This Is Love" is a BOP!

This deluxe edition is 100% worth buying.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I totally agree! Additional tracks are great and those acoustic versions are heavenly beautiful <3 The most popular track from GWGA on Spotify was acoustic version of Thank You, so maybe those increase streaming numbers a bit

Comment

• #3 on Albumism‘s 50 Best Albums of 2019 list.

#3 | Dido | Still On My Mind
                                      BMG

According to Quentin Harrison: “The vocal, lyrical and arrangement levels all function superbly throughout the runtime of Still On My Mind; it makes for an absorbing listen. By the time the elegant curtain call of “Have to Stay” arrives, the listener is assuredly left wanting more. Twenty years on from her initial step into the public spotlight, Dido’s brand of sonic intimacy—drawn up to an ever-grand, yet approachable scale—is as enchanting as it was then and isn’t likely to diminish anytime soon.”
                                      https://www.albumism.com/lists1/best...ill-on-my-mind
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• New remix of Friends available :

Comment

Working...
                                        X