No announcement yet.

Mark Ronson - Late Night Feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Blue at #34 on Pitchfork's year end song list.

34. Mark Ronson: “True Blue” [ft. Angel Olsen]

You know it’s been a rough year when the man behind “Uptown Funk” makes an album of breakup songs. Mark Ronson’s most recent LP, Late Night Feelings, is full of sad dance tracks that mix glitter with broken glass, and none cut as deep as the Angel Olsen feature “True Blue.” Olsen sings like the final patron at a bar, crooning just loud enough to tell her sob story over the blaring jukebox. It’s unclear if anyone’s listening, but that makes it all the more tragic. The funky bass riff and disco drums mock her distress, setting the scene for a dance where our heroine has no partner: “I ran to you and you know why,” she shouts at the empty barstool next to her. “True Blue” is the sound of taking your heartache out for a night on the town—you might be able to sedate it with booze and loud music, but you will wake up in its arms the next morning. –Madison Bloom
    https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...st-songs-2019/
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

This album came and went! I thought it would have gotten some Grammy love.

Comment

#18 on Billboard's AOTY list.

18. Mark Ronson, Late Night Feelings

The British producer’s fifth studio album is a self-described collection of “sad bangers,” meant to tug at the heart strings and get you dancing. It memorably thrusts a diverse group of female vocalists to the fore, while Ronson lays back and works his talents on the boards. Those distinct voices -- including Camila Cabello, Alicia Keys, Miley Cyrus and powerhouse singer-songwriter Yebba, who sings on three tracks -- drive the album in various distinct (and often unexpected) directions. It’s a definite departure from the previous work of Ronson, who made chart-topping magic with Bruno Mars on the sparkling “Uptown Funk” and Amy Winehouse’s soulful Back to Black, but you'll love where you end up with it. — ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
        https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...of-2019-top-50
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
        X