Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

Weyes Blood has announced her next studio album. Titanic Rising is the follow-up to her 2016 album Front Row Seat to Earth, and it features the previously released song “Andromeda.”
    The new record arrives April 5 via Sub Pop, and was described by Natalie Mering as “the Kinks meet WWII or Bob Seger meets Enya,” according to a press release. Check out the video for her new song “Everyday” below; scroll down for the Titanic Rising tracklist and cover art, as well as Weyes Blood’s upcoming tour dates. Tickets are available here.

01 A Lot’s Gonna Change
    02 Andromeda
    03 Everyday
    04 Something to Believe
    05 Titanic Rising
    06 Movies
    07 Mirror Forever
    08 Wild Time
    09 Picture Me Better
    10 Nearer to Thee

https://pitchfork.com/news/weyes-blo...eryday-listen/
    >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

I'm so happy she's releasing a new album. She has such a powerful voice. I wish she would blow up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Weyes Blood’s new Rough Trade Session EP features alternate takes of her Titanic Rising songs “Wild Time,” “Everyday,” “Something to Believe,” and A Lot’s Gonna Change.”

Comment

#9 on Pitchfork's year end list.

9. Weyes Blood: Titanic Rising

Titanic Rising is vintage-sounding music for people who don’t want to live in the past. On her fourth album as Weyes Blood, L.A. singer-songwriter Natalie Mering coos laughably old-fashioned lines like “treat me right, I’m still a good man’s daughter” while referencing the cosmic loneliness of modern dating. You can parse out the weight, hope, and humor of Mering’s poetry, or you can sit back and let her dulcet tone and excellent taste in George Harrison-esque slide guitar wash over you. But even going the comfortable route, she is constantly disrupting her own ’70s soft rock pastiche with sounds that represent the future—space-age synths, satellites trying to connect. This simultaneous backwards-forwards vantage point leaves Mering well-positioned to consider our current moment—even if she sounds almost nothing like it. –Jillian Mapes
            https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...t-albums-2019/
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Andromeda is "28 on Pitchfork's year end song list.

28. Weyes Blood: “Andromeda”

In the early weeks of 2019, Natalie Mering shared a subtly disorienting video for “Andromeda,” the first single from Titanic Rising, her masterful fourth album as Weyes Blood. The song itself is all sweeping Laurel Canyon haze: a hook that’s almost entirely pedal steel guitar and a sad, swooning vocal delivery that seems coated in FM static. While her music has felt increasingly connected to classic rock radio, this song—with its analog hum and open road grandeur—signaled a deeper inquiry into what’s so classic about those old standbys. The video, however, looked more like a Y2K-era screensaver on a desktop computer: a steady, slightly pixelated flow of distant stars in an endless black sky. This melding of our recent and distant pasts is crucial to Mering’s songwriting; she moves forward by studying where we’ve been, rendering it both familiar and somewhat uncanny. –Sam Sodomsky
              https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...st-songs-2019/

Comment

I've tried so many times to get into Weyes, but for some reason she just doesn't click with me. And I love her voice on collaborations she did with Perfume Genius, Father John Misty, Ariel Pink - but her solo songs are just a bit drab for me.

Comment

New music video for "Wild Time"

Comment

Working...
                  X