MARINA - Love + Fear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beredy View Post
    I do wonder if the concept will be fully realized (as opposed to just an excuse idea to have 2 albums) bcs I fail to see how you can go from Handmade Heaven to Baby in 2 songs apart.
    true. I don't like the Baby inclusion (LOVE the song, but it should have stayed on CB's album and that's it), but tbh as long as there is *some* connection or flow between the songs on each part, I'll be happy.

even if not, at least it will be easier to digest as 8 + 8
    last.fm

Comment

Marina’s albums flow quite well in tracklisting and she said herself that baby fits into the album so im
      sure it will flow

Comment

Based on those 10 seconds I can see how that can follow Handmade Heaven. If that's the style of the first part - again I don't see how Baby fits in.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

The chords of SUPERSTAR sound gorgeous. Hope it’s a bit more instant than HANDMADE HEAVEN.
          DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Yes. The instrumental sounds gorgeous. Not sure how this will be a bop though since she said it is.
            One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
              Yes. The instrumental sounds gorgeous. Not sure how this will be a bop though since she said it is.
              She said Handmade Heaven is a ballad. She obviously has no clue when it comes to types of songs.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                She said Handmade Heaven is a ballad. She obviously has no clue when it comes to types of songs.
                I don't want to pick up on this again, but you know who else thinks HH sounds ballad-esque.

I can imagine Superstar being a BOP in terms of melodic build-up. However, I can't or would not imagine from the instrumental alone to turn into Primadonna #2.

Comment

Just loving Handmade Heaven... very excited about the album :-D

Comment

Superstar is low-key, not sure it’s better than HH. It’s definitely not a banger or Primadonna 2
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

“Superstar” is not bad, but it lacks something imo. For now I prefer “Handmade Heaven”.

Comment

SUPERSTAR is trying to sound very eclectic. I think she could have gone a bit further and more ethereal with the production.

Otherwise I am very satisfied with it. It is truly something very different from her previous material.

Comment

Superstar is amazing! Really loving this one.

So far : Superstar > HH

Comment

Just listened to Superstar. It’s quite good, hopefully it will be a grower, I feel like they could’ve gone harder on the production on this though. Handmade Heave is better in my opinion just cuz I find it classic Marina.

Comment

Sounds like a Greek Eurovision entry!
                              Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (28th March 20) - Little Mix, Wolfclub, Blanche, TBM, NIN, Spray, Baxter Dury, Adamski, Weeknd, Gambino, SRC

Comment

It’s a nice song, nothing spectacular, but for an album cut it’s solid!
                                last.fm

Comment

I'm impressed with the output from the album so far. I like both as they give me something completely different. Is she in love again?

My love is a planet revolving your heart

Comment

What’s she doing messing with these faux hip-hop beats, she’s not Halsey.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                                      I'm impressed with the output from the album so far. I like both as they give me something completely different. Is she in love again?

she’s in a relationship with one of the Clean Bandit guys.

Comment

I like it! Her Electra Heart fans will eat this up
                                        Fiat 500

Comment

Superstar > Handmade Heaven > Baby

Comment

Superstar is growing on me a lot, love it now! Not a big fan of the beats, but she manages to work them in her favor and reduce the basicness
                                            last.fm

Comment

This might become my fave album by her!
                                              2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Not too fond of this based on these two tracks. Froot remains unbothered so far.
                                                When we lose what we love
                                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                When we lose what we love
                                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

The fact that this album was inspired by current politics makes me even more excited. I loved her recent interview with Channel 4.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X