X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimes - Miss_Anthropocene

New album announced.

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Finally! I can't believe it's been months since "We Appreciate Power" came out and never got a follow-up or so. Really hope we're getting something new very soon.

Comment

Yes! Love 'We Appreciate Power' and the recent collaboration with Bring Me To The Horizon. Also the 'Pretty Dark' demo. Really gets me excited for this!
      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Yikes, if the album is "ethereal nu metal(ish)", I'm kinda scared.
        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
          Yikes, if the album is "ethereal nu metal(ish)", I'm kinda scared.
          Same. I just have the feeling that she's lost it, hopefully she will prove me wrong.

Comment

Please be good.
            "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Are there some news about this? It's been ages since "We Appreciate Power"

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                Are there some news about this? It's been ages since "We Appreciate Power"
                Grimes was exhausting in an incredibly self-absorbed recent interview with Flaunt Magazine.

I was given four tracks from the new album to prepare. But when I bring up the first, the disarmingly raw, strange, and lovely “Shall I Compare Thee,” she laughs. “I hate all these songs now. I might even replace them all. I’m supposed to be finishing the album this month or whatever, but I’ve been making a shit ton of new music instead. Which is a really bad idea.” She sighs, thinks for a moment. “But I’ll probably put out the songs that I said I’ll put out.” I tell her that her fans would surely appreciate seeing what she’s been working on. “Maybe, maybe not,” she replies, grinning. “I think the fans want me to stop making metal, nu-metal. Which I will! I have, I have stopped making metal!”
                I hate reading interviews with Grimes, it gives me such anxiety nnnnnn. Her label need to act like SZA's and take her harddrive and release this.
                late.

Comment

She's exhausting.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION]

Not what I wanted to hear though

She probably could release three or four albums at once...

Comment

Can't believe it's been nearly a half year since "We Appreciate Power". Listening to it right now and it still sounds great... I really need something new from her

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                        Can't believe it's been nearly a half year since "We Appreciate Power". Listening to it right now and it still sounds great... I really need something new from her
                        She can keep it, at this point

Comment

Comment

She must be joking?

Comment

Just release this or scrap it.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1HdVKSnixl

MISS ANTHROPOCENE
                                First single - Sėpt 13

Comment

So We Appreciate Power wasn't the lead single? Or it got scrapped?
                                  last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                    So We Appreciate Power wasn't the lead single? Or it got scrapped?
                                    It's Grimes. She might cancel Miss Anthropocene tomorrow and turn WAP into the lead single for a completely new album.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Grimes deleted her first single for MA announcement

She's giving Azealia and Sky a run for their money when it comes to releasing stuff.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

As if this album campaign couldn't go any smoother, an un-mastered version of the album has leaked.
                                        late.

Comment

The album is finally out for pre-orders now!

Current release date: 21st February 2020

Tracklist:
                                          1. So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth (Art Mix)
                                          2. Darkseid (with 潘PAN)
                                          3. Delete Forever
                                          4. Violence (with i_o)
                                          5. 4AEM
                                          6. New Gods
                                          7. My Name Is Dark
                                          8. You'll miss me when i'm not around
                                          9. Before the fever
                                          10. IDORU

Comment

I‘m not a fan of hers but that album cover is amazing
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

The album cover is so meta, I love it.

Indie stores have a translucent pink vinyl, while 4AD have the regular and an exclusive signed white vinyl.
                                              late.

Comment

Yes, the cover is fantastic!

I'm kinda sad she doesn't include "We Appreciate Power" on this. But I'm really looking forward to this - can't believe "Art Angels" came out over FOUR years ago!

Comment

Grimes said she wants to release "4ÆM" as a single on the 12th December and "My Name Is Dark" even before that one; overall, she would like to release 5 to 6 singles from this project.

But you know, it's Grimes, so let's see how things turn out.

Oh, and "We Appreciate Power" will be included on the Japanese CD edition.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X