Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    4AM is a bit of a bop tho. Makes me feel like I'm the best racing arcade game.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    80 on Metacritic based on 14 reviews

That's an amazing score, "Art Angel" got 88 based on 32 reviews though.
    Nearly a month later and it still has 80 on Metacritic but based on 26 reviews.

Glad it hold up this score. Well deserved. I actually prefer this to "Art Angels" as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    Music video for Idoru

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Same!

Not sure where you're hearing 'fluorescent spring days' though, my brain associates 'deep dark Scandinavian winter nights' with most tracks.
    I see your point. :-) However I think it can be played in any natural environment really. It’s very driven and ethereal in general despite being dark.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose View Post
    I love where Miss Anthropocene takes us sonically. The soundscape is so rich and multi-dimensional. This record screams to be played in nature. I can totally picture me listening to Miss Anthropocene while hiking over Mount Rigi on a fluorescent spring day.
    Same!

Not sure where you're hearing 'fluorescent spring days' though, my brain associates 'deep dark Scandinavian winter nights' with most tracks.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    It's flawless.

She's done it.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    You’ll Miss Me... is brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    I love where Miss Anthropocene takes us sonically. The soundscape is so rich and multi-dimensional. This record screams to be played in nature. I can totally picture me listening to Miss Anthropocene while hiking over Mount Rigi on a fluorescent spring day.

Darkseid is my least favourite by far. I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t part of the record.

My Name Is Dark, New Gods, Delete Forever, So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth and 4 AEM are my personal favourite - which is basically half the record!

Miss Anthropocene is one extended, subversive mood.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    For some reason I have not been interested in her at all, I'm not a fan of her aesthetics and the songs I've heard I didn't dislike but also didn't win me over exactly.
    I'm gonna give this album a spin though cause I've read nothing but good things about it. Will be interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    80 on Metacritic based on 14 reviews

That's an amazing score, "Art Angel" got 88 based on 32 reviews though.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    After having Allie X on replay this morning, this is the second record I will be digging into today.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Finally heard this and it‘s as amazing as I was hoping for. Kinda weird we already knew half of it though. From the new ones, Before The Fever stood out the most to me.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Grimes continues to do it. Just the first listen, but the album is great.

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Less than 24 hours Can't believe this is finally happening!

Leave a comment:

• ShepBranson
    replied
    I adore this vid!

Leave a comment:

• ShepBranson
    replied
    Originally posted by steophonic View Post
    Yes! Love 'We Appreciate Power' and the recent collaboration with Bring Me To The Horizon. Also the 'Pretty Dark' demo. Really gets me excited for this!
    Yessss! Me too! That collab was way overdue but it was worth the wait. We Appreciate Power is engraved on my Spotify plays

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    new song "Delete Forever"

https://open.spotify.com/album/5OUmlyyZVfHCVQnHLA4mU9

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Less than two weeks until we FINALLY have this album!

I wonder if there's another single coming this or next week considering "4AEM" came out already two months ago.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    If this was 2018 or earlier I'd probably be spinning the leak like crazy, but I've gotten to the point where I'm patient to wait for the official release date. And honestly, with Grimes you never know what mix or edit might end up on the finished product, so I'll just wait for the final version (even if the leaked one is the final one) and respect that's the one she wanted us to hear.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    This album is freakin' amazing. It would have been right behind Lana's for me, had it been released in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    4ÆM is amazing. Love it. Might be my favorite of the released tracks so far.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Wait - another song?!

So she's not releasing things for ages and then out of a sudden she releases so many new tunes? Or is this her way of 'leaking' the album step-by-step?

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X